You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheAlba2014

(WIP) Pyotr Velikiy T5 RU BB

25 comments in this topic

[TRID]
Players
248 posts
4,909 battles

No fear lads and lassies, feeling down about the GC possibly being directly nerfed? Just play the upcoming Russian T5 BB silver ship instead.

NB Work in progress, all stats subject to change, like CVs eventually being introduced into WOWS Legends on consoles after we've finished playtesting them for WG on PC :Smile-_tongue:

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Yeaaah....that CAN'T go live, I think someone had hit the vodka a bit too much when thinking "Da, it is balanced for tier 5 Comrade!"

Players
3,338 posts
16,037 battles
50 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

NB Work in progress, all stats subject to change

Absolutely!

Plenty of time for further buffs before release! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles

Ahh now i see the bigger picture, GC is getting "rebalanced" bcuzz no T5 can be better then rashian ship da? 

Ok the Belfast, Kami & co are safe. 

Kutuzov getting buff da Yuri. 

Russian bias is real but then i love russian bias...

:Smile_trollface:

RB never failed me in pokemon, yugioh etc, heres my trump card. Works perfect everytime. 

76AB4CB6-E0CE-4A71-BFA3-940309FE68DB.png.e73ef1fc01807a7d62fe2ee21aedc8ab.png.fcd223680b0f1267290e607eb552eee5.png

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,036 battles

The GC nerf makes more and more sense. The strongest ship on every tier has to be russian.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
16 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

That’s ok they’ll uptier it to T7 2 months after release.

I wish I could have that kind of armour model at T10, just so I could laugh in every Yamato's face...

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

1st of all even if it gets released like this - Silver ships get the nerfbat as soon as they need it. Unlike premiums...

And then a :etc_swear: ton of things he fails to show like:

• MASSIVE citadel taking up most of the hull above water
    • Show your side and you're :etc_swear:ed
  • Massive forwards magazine
    • Expect lots of torp detonations
  • Engine and steering "modules" - both are above water making them easy prey
  • Massive (worst in tier) turning radius
  • Worst in tier rudder shift
    • Both of those won't make angling easy, and if someone catches your side... back to point 1
  • Limited DmgCon (3 to 5 of them... per game. Good luck, I hope you enjoy burning)
  • The "wavy secondaries" provide a lot of flat areas to shoot AP at even when perfectly angled
  • Concealment is identical to GC / Revolution
  • Nearly all AA located midships on superstructure
    • Will be wiped really quickly by HE
  • And unless I'm very much mistaken, this:

xTJNCPE.png

Funny how he stopped right before this area of the deck, isn't it?

And yes, that's how high the citadel goes. And it remains that height throughout the ship. Really.

I probably could go on, but I hope you get the point

• Cool 5

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,749 posts
26,533 battles

To be fair, number of CCs consider Pyotr Velikiy as either bit too strong to totally OP. For example Mejash considering it probably too strong ...

... while Flambass thinks that it is OP

Same opinion have both Aerroon and Kelorn:

https://thewarshipspodcast.simplecast.fm/

But as @wilkatis_LV already mentioned, PV is a silver ships which means it would easily be nerfed if it proved too strong. And it is still WiP which mean it is questionable will it get into game in this state.

• Cool 1

Players
2,804 posts

first game with this ship I m not that impressed. It was a win I got to shoot at stuff and got reported for some reason, anyway guns feel like they could do more dmg but they don't. Like one 1 in 3 or 4 good hits give smth. Idk, very slow, burnable, turrets meh, slooow, n turns like a oil tanker, very easy to hit, seems tanky somewhat. I need to play it more but I wasn't thrilled wit experience. Made a sec built 6.8km wit flag worked pretty well

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Well its only 8 guns with 33s reload and short range so no wonder its not that awsome in damage dealing over time, you need to come closer to make use of "super dispersion"

[-LD-]
Players
195 posts
7,731 battles

I've got only two matches and both cases I went down early being at the weak flank and facing high tier ships, but mid-range I was able to reliably punish cruisers, sunk a full hp Fiji with two consecutive salvos too.

Players
2,804 posts
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well its only 8 guns with 33s reload and short range so no wonder its not that awsome in damage dealing over time, you need to come closer to make use of "super dispersion"

Yeah, i played a bit safe since i didnt know it, but thats slow and the turrets take a lifetime to move a couple of inches, but as you say at close ranges its probably lethal, i did mess up a dd (not a kill) pretty badly which was satisfying and the AA against low tier cvs seemed okayish (downed 14 planes) No t7 in the game so i was a bit lucky probably, as there are some pretty hard hitting ships at t7, some great ships and if its matched against them idk if you can stay afloat long enough to approach.

Not to mention it catches fire (s) and wtf is this number over dmc, I just noticed it you get only 4 and then wut?  hmm... first time i hear of damage control party limited charges. I mean they finish shift in the mid of battle and they go

hey you see dat fire burning? well we will deal wit it in da morning. :Smile-_tongue:  Who thought of that? ah,  nvm it will prob be just fine :Smile_smile:

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

You can, trust me m8, but as with all brawling bbs plan exit ahead of time or its gonna be a short sail, same goes for ismail

Players
3,130 posts
10,546 battles

First ever game in it yesterday (only mission Russian BB i've got so far) and....

Pyotr Velikiy   Pyotr Velikiy 5 U.S.S.R. 1 100% 2 210 80 623 1 4

It's a beast.

I laughed when i got into cruiser killing range.  You see those frags, 3 were cruisers that all got cit and one poor BB that showed broadside.

Now one game is nothing at all the go on, but i like it.  It feels:

Strong and can take alot of hits from AP when angled, i mean alot.  Feels slow and guns feel slow but powerful. AA is pitiful, had a CV in the game and he hunted me the whole game and only managed 4 plane kills as you can see.  That was the WHOLE game he was pestering me. 

6 guns a problem? not when you have that accuracy it has a medium range. It's lovely. As it was the first game, needs to adjust to the aiming times and such but i think it will come quite quicky.

I have said this before and will say it again.  Having BB shells with cruiser accuracy IS A BAD IDEA! 

My crystal ball tells me that they will wait until everyone starting going mad on the grind....Then slowly nerf them when the money has come in.  Does that ring any bells for the last 6 years?

Players
3,130 posts
10,546 battles

Captain Skills: (10 points at the moment)

PT (Lol, torps naughty )

EM (like fast turrets, could* change this skill when the turrets get faster highter up the tiers, but probably wont with reload mod)

SI (Need all the repair and damage control you can get)

FP (Hell yeah)

You will have to Tank build these things IMHO as it will attract so much HE it's going to be unreal.  That and it's limited Heals.

FP and SI are compulsorily in my eyes with these Russian BB's.

AR and BoS would be the next major ones then it's up to the user.  Either AA manual or CE, both are viable.  Personally i would go with the AA as this rework everything is always spotted regardless if a CV is present. 

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
18,760 battles

My thoughts on the ship if anyone is interested....

[-LD-]
Players
195 posts
7,731 battles
16 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

First ever game in it yesterday (only mission Russian BB i've got so far) and....

Pyotr Velikiy   Pyotr Velikiy 5 U.S.S.R. 1 100% 2 210 80 623 1 4

It's a beast.

I laughed when i got into cruiser killing range.  You see those frags, 3 were cruisers that all got cit and one poor BB that showed broadside.

Now one game is nothing at all the go on, but i like it.  It feels:

Strong and can take alot of hits from AP when angled, i mean alot.  Feels slow and guns feel slow but powerful. AA is pitiful, had a CV in the game and he hunted me the whole game and only managed 4 plane kills as you can see.  That was the WHOLE game he was pestering me. 

6 guns a problem? not when you have that accuracy it has a medium range. It's lovely. As it was the first game, needs to adjust to the aiming times and such but i think it will come quite quicky.

I have said this before and will say it again.  Having BB shells with cruiser accuracy IS A BAD IDEA! 

My crystal ball tells me that they will wait until everyone starting going mad on the grind....Then slowly nerf them when the money has come in.  Does that ring any bells for the last 6 years?

Yeah, yesterday I had a proper go with i too, first salvo and an Omaha was gone. Few minutes later I alone erased the first wave of the whole enemy flank. At the end I've got a Kraken and Confederate.

I admit it felt great, but unlike for similar performance on other ships, I haven't got compliments at the end. :)

This ships feels like what I expected from the Yamato based on its description of 'overwhelming firepower'.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,822 posts
15,687 battles

People haven't worked out the counter plays to it yet : haven't worked out that it's not as worried about HE spam / fires as other BBs, or how to get through the absurd deck armour.  But really it's a slow, lumbering thing with no AA, poor torp protection and a vulnerable citadel... Cruisers should avoid it, it needs to be swatted hard by BBs and Destroyers. God help anyone who has to try and take on one which has parked up next to a cap, though... Its like the return of Bastion mode. 

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,015 battles
26 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

Yeah, yesterday I had a proper go with i too, first salvo and an Omaha was gone. Few minutes later I alone erased the first wave of the whole enemy flank. At the end I've got a Kraken and Confederate.

I admit it felt great, but unlike for similar performance on other ships, I haven't got compliments at the end. :)

This ships feels like what I expected from the Yamato based on its description of 'overwhelming firepower'.

Found some of the soviet bb in my Amagi, actually managed a full hp dev strike with muti cits on one of them, while crippling the other to barely alive, quite some time I managed to cripple or outright kill a broadsiding bb that is not ijn. So they are good in terms of if you show broadside, your dead angled however, you have to start firing HE if there is no other viable targets.

Well for the power level, at t5 you are going to expect peeps to not know certain game mechanics, plus it is more active meta compared to the more campy at higher tiers, which does play into the favour of the Russian bb advantages. Yamato often have to shoot at things outside it’s effective range more often, and with 6 barrels only.

Players
3,130 posts
10,546 battles
6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

People haven't worked out the counter plays to it yet : haven't worked out that it's not as worried about HE spam / fires as other BBs, or how to get through the absurd deck armour.  But really it's a slow, lumbering thing with no AA, poor torp protection and a vulnerable citadel... Cruisers should avoid it, it needs to be swatted hard by BBs and Destroyers. God help anyone who has to try and take on one which has parked up next to a cap, though... Its like the return of Bastion mode. 

Slow, crap AA and vulnerable Citadel...

I will take those 3 cons.

No CV in the game? Perfect that's one out of the way.

Slow? At tier 5 every BB is kinda slow.

Vulnerable Cit is a big one tho, but when people play it like a Des, nose in hugging an island then you have a tick to dig out.  It's bow and turret armour is mental. 

DD's are the killers to this thing IMHO. These BB's are front line ship and DD players will be looking for the quick dev strike with torps. 

Like you have said, not being worried about HE spam AND absurd deck armour (AP) is a massive bonus comrade :Smile_great: 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Acctualy that ismail 25mm deck is not a nice touch tbh got pawned hard by a colorado yesterday beyond my range (and i was angeled) but :etc_swear: it its a rng roll, survived tho and won in the end...

I have ovetckin built for ru line, pm-em-si/bos/se(i know, i know)-fp for now

Players
2,804 posts

3 games in it, I m still not impressed. Do I need a bigger sample? Sure. I will play some more. Very unreliable guns. It's mindblowing. The thing I hit the hardest (3cits) was another Piotr. I apologized in chat and he didn't deserve it, he was kinda angling. Ginormous, mongoloid constructed citadel. It's mindblowing. You can angle and feel immortal wit yr 'armour' sure, but it takes one shot to find its way to you some -freaking how and you get cit, from everywhere. Like through an island. If you get up-tiered you are a much sought after target. Everyone will shoot at you. But that can be excused.

Still stronk ship for the tier (and only there), decent AA against t4 cvs, I imagine it will be inadequate against a better cv. Maybe not, idk.

Dds love you it is true, but I run a sec built (6.8km is good for t5) and it is a good deterrent for them. I will check it out some more.    

The turrets are slow. Like you pick a side to shoot carefully cuz the turrets are slow. Very.

Reload is crap, unless you get under 50% health and then its okayish.

Other than that I'm sure it will be fine wit a couple of buffs :)

Players
3,213 posts
On 3/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, fumtu said:

To be fair, number of CCs consider Pyotr Velikiy as either bit too strong to totally OP. For example Mejash considering it probably too strong ...

... while Flambass thinks that it is OP

Same opinion have both Aerroon and Kelorn:

https://thewarshipspodcast.simplecast.fm/

But as @wilkatis_LV already mentioned, PV is a silver ships which means it would easily be nerfed if it proved too strong. And it is still WiP which mean it is questionable will it get into game in this state.

Makes me want to play tier 5 when i get back in lol, but then you watch these vids and your games never turn out the same, lol

[-LD-]
Players
195 posts
7,731 battles
On 5/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, howardxu_23 said:

Found some of the soviet bb in my Amagi, actually managed a full hp dev strike with muti cits on one of them, while crippling the other to barely alive, quite some time I managed to cripple or outright kill a broadsiding bb that is not ijn. So they are good in terms of if you show broadside, your dead angled however, you have to start firing HE if there is no other viable targets.

Well for the power level, at t5 you are going to expect peeps to not know certain game mechanics, plus it is more active meta compared to the more campy at higher tiers, which does play into the favour of the Russian bb advantages. Yamato often have to shoot at things outside it’s effective range more often, and with 6 barrels only.

Yeah, broadsiding RU BBs are prime target, easy citadel.

I feel Yamato's guns are overrated. Sometimes I have ridiculous dispersion and I often finish games with all overpens and ricochets ,2k damage per hit average, even though I take the risk and often move closer to almost a similar operating area as Pyotr (about 15kms, and yes, I know Yamato's guns are better long range, but unlike at T5-6 most players are aware of incoming fire which means lots of misses long range). This thing, however, reliably penetrates and citadels.

• Cool 1