Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seargent_Nigel

How many planes have you seen in one battle (this is crazy!!)

8 comments in this topic

Players
136 posts
15,026 battles

What the title says - just been in a tier 8 ship and when our team lost I counted up the amount of planes our team shot down and it was 136!!!!!! and they were still coming in droves right up to the end.

When is this conveyor belt of endless & endless planes going to stop?

What a crazy amount in just one game and only on one side - the other side had shot down 73 of ours.

Both side were complaining like mad given the gameplay - only ones that weren't complaining were the CV's commanders and you can imagine what the dd players were saying (for the few moments they were in the game, as they are still getting blasted out of the game within a minute or so)

WG - I have just two words for you "uninstall yourselves"

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Double CV game and those numbers are possible if the CVs aren't particularily careful with their aircraft.

What I don't understand why so many people where complaining when those CVs were evidently not doing much except getting their aircraft shot out of the skies. Even a Kaga with her large on-deck reserves wouldn't be able to sustain that kind of attrition and maintain any form of actual striking potential.

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
13 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

What a crazy amount in just one game and only on one side - the other side had shot down 73 of ours.

so, your CV was a lot better than theirs.

...what are you complaining about again?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,704 posts
20,997 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Double CV game and those numbers are possible if the CVs aren't particularily careful with their aircraft.

Or you could just feed fighters to the enemy team. I found that plane kills in general are rather inflated nowadays because of that, especially considering they increased the number of said fighters but heavily decreased their survivability recently.

E.g. recently had a Z-23 shoot down 13 planes of my Enterprise. When I took a look in the detailed statistics I found that 10 of those were fighters I left above him for spotting.

• Cool 1

Players
314 posts
15,548 battles
58 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Or you could just feed fighters to the enemy team. I found that plane kills in general are rather inflated nowadays because of that, especially considering they increased the number of said fighters but heavily decreased their survivability recently.

E.g. recently had a Z-23 shoot down 13 planes of my Enterprise. When I took a look in the detailed statistics I found that 10 of those were fighters I left above him for spotting.

They cant spot dds or ca/cl anymore, they are too fragile now, but you can spot bbs and cv if set planes far from aa but not too far for spoting, on 9-10km from spoting target.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Highest I’ve seen so far was 217 planes shot down by one ship. I recently placed a game in Sims(!) and downed 61 planes before the CV realized that harassing me was a bad idea. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
1 hour ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

What the title says - just been in a tier 8 ship and when our team lost I counted up the amount of planes our team shot down and it was 136!!!!!! and they were still coming in droves right up to the end.

When is this conveyor belt of endless & endless planes going to stop?

Both side were complaining like mad given the gameplay - only ones that weren't complaining were the CV's commanders and you can imagine what the dd players were saying (for the few moments they were in the game, as they are still getting blasted out of the game within a minute or so)

WG - I have just two words for you "uninstall yourselves"

The reason for truly insane numbers of planes shot down is usually the (mis)management of fighters by the other side. Currently fighters are insanely fragile and by "insanely fragile" I mean "evaporating under AA from most DDs". And then

- many ships can launch a squadron of fighters from time to time

- every squadron of "real" planes from CV has a few charges that let them drop a squadron of fighters (and they sometimes do that within AA of enemy ships, trying to secure spotting on a DD or in a vain attempt to distract shipborne fighters)

A single t10 CV can generate a couple dozen free plane kills for the enemies just by not knowing how to use the consumable right. And then there are ships that try launching fighters when in brawling range, so their fighters die to enemy AA adding extra plane kills that don't even have anything to do with the CVs (remember, now floatplane fighters come as small squadrons as well, they're no longer just one plane).

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles

maybe the CVs are being kind because they know you need to shoot planes down for the exeter missions you know. be thankful :Smile_veryhappy:

Sign in to follow this