Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xxNihilanxx

An idea to fix the, supposedly, OP Premium "problem"

61 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles

So there are a number of premium ships that were considered to be over-performing to the point that they were removed from sale by WG. As a result of this WG are talking about making major changes tp the GC whilst simultaneously attempting to fire-fight the inevitable $hitstorm that accompanied the announcement.

 

Well I have had an idea that I think could solve this issue once and for all to the satisfaction of all concerned.

 

*Drum roll*

 

Put them ALL back in the shop with a price tag of ~£5 (or equivalent in whatever currency) each.

 

At that price, everyone can afford to own them and, as they are so cheap nobody can complain about not having one.

 

WG would still be getting more revenue from these at a cut-down price than they are currently as even £5 is greater than the £0 they are currently getting for these ships.

 

It's a win-win. Everyone is happy.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 10
  • Bad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,037 battles

The only way of doing that is removing the player and adding a bot to play for everyone.

 

Most "this ship is OP" topics or conversations obviate the fact that the player moaning is probably useless at the game, and moaning is easier than improving oneself.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,469 battles

I would love a Belfast only random game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

The only way of doing that is removing the player and adding a bot to play for everyone.

 

Most "this ship is OP" topics or conversations obviate the fact that the player moaning is probably useless at the game, and moaning is easier than improving oneself.

 

Oh, I don't doubt for a second that if WG followed my suggestion then the majority of people who did buy them would be posting on the forum complaining that the (insert name of removed premium here) that they had bought was a "dud" as it wasn't performing anywhere near as well as expected...

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
2 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

And see game after game the same ships over and over again. No thanks.

 

This would only last a short time and is only what we see whenever a new line is introduced anyway. People would soon drift away from using them when they realised they couldn't achieve the performances that they expected from these ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

This would only last a short time and is only what we see whenever a new line is introduced anyway. People would soon drift away from using them when they realised they couldn't achieve the performances that they expected from these ships.

Why should anyone play any other ship for a longer time on these Tiers? They are just weaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Why should anyone play any other ship for a longer time on these Tiers? They are just weaker.

 

In order to progress the line, maybe? You can play Belfast game after game after game, if you like, but without spending any additional money, it won't get you a millimetre closer to the Minotaur, for example.

 

I had the Belfast on the day it came out but, even now, I still play the Fiji.

 

It does get quite boring playing the same ships over and over.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

In order to progress the line, maybe? You can play Belfast game after game after game, if you like, but without spending any additional money, it won't get you a millimetre closer to the Minotaur, for example.

 

I had the Belfast on the day it came out but, even now, I still play the Fiji.

 

It does get quite boring playing the same ships over and over.

That is why I wrote "for a longer time".

You would just progress to the next ship and rarely return.

 

And there is a difference between playing a normal ship vs normal ships and playing a normal ship vs mostly stronger ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That is why I wrote "for a longer time".

You would just progress to the next ship and rarely return.

 

And there is a difference between playing a normal ship vs normal ships and playing a normal ship vs mostly stronger ships.

 

Most players would drift away from them very quickly when they realised that they weren't getting the expected performance from these ships, coupled with the lack of line progress I think the "problem" you describe would sort itself out pretty quickly.

 

Knowing the playerbase the way I do you could even put them all together in a bundle too, so you could sell them for £5 each or all 6 for £35

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,466 posts
18,494 battles

All they need to do is to move the GC and compensate owners to such an extent that such fixes become very expensive to WG. This will reassure the community that they're not going to do such things lightly and focus WG's own internal processes on not letting such ships onto the live server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,031 posts
14,939 battles

If a guy sells me a gem for $10Million,

then I saw him sell the same gem, same cut for $1Million 2 years later

no matter what the circumstances I'd feel a little ticked off.

 

Now just imagine how that would go down with something even more valuable, like an 'OP' WOWS premium .

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
3 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

If a guy sells me a gem for $10Million,

then I saw him sell the same gem, same cut for $1Million 2 years later

no matter what the circumstances I'd feel a little ticked off.

 

Now just imagine how that would go down with something even more valuable, like an 'OP' WOWS premium .

 

Gems can be resold, virtual ships can't.

 

The people who bought the full price ships when they were on sale got to play them for years before the "masses" got their hands on the cheap ones so I doubt they could legitimately complain.

 

As an owner of most of them I would prefer that everyone had them, no matter how cheap, than have them get nerfed.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

If a guy sells me a gem for $10Million,

then I saw him sell the same gem, same cut for $1Million 2 years later

no matter what the circumstances I'd feel a little ticked off.

 

Now just imagine how that would go down with something even more valuable, like an 'OP' WOWS premium 

Market values of stuff change all the time.

That is normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,031 posts
14,939 battles

Not to mention, you're massively undercutting every other premium ship at their respective tiers. Suddenly a tier 8 costs 5 bucks, while other tier 8s are more costly by several orders of magnitude. 

This is extremely bad for the shop, when other items of comparable value have the carpet pulled out from under them by that much. 

 

Also, people will start to wonder why Wichita is so much more expensive than Kutuzov, for example.

 

And the reason will be...  Kutuzov is OP? :Smile_bajan2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
21 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

You can play Belfast game after game after game, if you like, but without spending any additional money, it won't get you a millimetre closer to the Minotaur, for example.

Unless of course you just slap some free xp flags on the belfast, play it over and over, and then free xp the minotaur using the free xp and credits earned playing the belfast.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
3 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Unless of course you just slap some free xp flags on the belfast, play it over and over, and then free xp the minotaur using the free xp and credits earned playing the belfast.

 

That could work, for sure, I mean playing a T7 ship endlessly in order to get a T10 is a sound idea - what could possibly go wrong....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
2 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

That could work, for sure, I mean playing a T7 ship endlessly in order to get a T10 is a sound idea - what could possibly go wrong....?

Now you're moving the goalposts. Your previous statement was that it was impossible without spending money.

Now you're changing it to its not a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,327 posts
9,187 battles

 

I mean, it's a great idea. But I don't think it will happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,031 posts
14,939 battles
5 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

Gems can be resold, virtual ships can't.

 

The people who bought the full price ships when they were on sale got to play them for years before the "masses" got their hands on the cheap ones so I doubt they could legitimately complain.

 

As an owner of most of them I would prefer that everyone had them, no matter how cheap, than have them get nerfed.

 

4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Market values of stuff change all the time.

That is normal.

 

Try explaining that to the people who will be at WGs throats, claiming it's unfair to them, who bought it way back when. Frankly I'd be sympathetic, they have a point. 

 

Market values change. This is normal. But they don't change by that much overnight, unless something truly disastrous happened to devalue said item. And this is exactly what is being proposed now, and it would not happen as a result of unforseen or external forces. This is completely within WGs control.

 

Just my 2 cents, I don't agree that this is a good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
7 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Now you're moving the goalposts. Your previous statement was that it was impossible without spending money.

Now you're changing it to its not a good idea.

 

It's not so much that but rather I originally forgot that you could do that with free XP. Having never seen the sense in using free XP to skip line ships and thus never having done it myself I just kinda forgot it was possible.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

It's not so much that but rather I originally forgot that you could do that with free XP. Having never seen the sense in using free XP to skip line ships and thus never having done it myself I just kinda forgot it was possible.

 

 

Its a really bad idea. Therefore it appears to be highly popular with potatoes.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Its a really bad idea. Therefore it appears to be highly popular with potatoes.

 

Well that's the thing with potatoes - red ones are nice but the green ones are not good for your health.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
42 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

In order to progress the line, maybe? You can play Belfast game after game after game, if you like, but without spending any additional money, it won't get you a millimetre closer to the Minotaur, for example.

 

Sure will love trying to progress some cruiser line through T5 while getting absolutely crapped on by the spam of GCs and Kamikazes. This suggestion is not a solution at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,635 posts
15,312 battles
5 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Try explaining that to the people who will be at WGs throats, claiming it's unfair to them, who bought it way back when. 

No problem.

Btw. in case you did not notice, ships are offered much cheaper than they were at their launch from time to time.

 

There is an offer for Texas for 8.99 € for quite some time now. The original price was 23 to 25 €.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×