Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bayla450

Q. Are T9 non premium BB stealth damage capped/nerfed

13 comments in this topic

[H-M-S]
Players
12 posts
11,314 battles

Having played 40 odd games in the T9 Iowa I have come to the conclusion there's something fishy going on, it just doesn't do the damage I expect. 

So maybe I am crap or RNG is having a laugh?

So what I noticed was Pen hits AP or HE seem to be limited 1 for 4.5k dmg fine frequency of 2 pens oddly low and 3 nearly never. So why are the guns so rubbish? Or are they? 

Over 40 battles I have had Des Moines sitting broadside at 5k distance and unload 9 hits on them yes you might think dead DM but it's never happened EVER.... 1 citadel maybe more likely 1 or 2 pens for up to 9k dmg and curse the RNG gods.

Having had this over and over again in randoms cursing the ship I ran a few experiments in training setups.

Line up T10 cruisers broadside and guess what yeh you delete them one after  another... set them up bow tanking and yea 4 - 6 pens at most ranges for 10 - 15 or even 20k dmg the sort of the g you would expect with US heavy shells. So why not in randoms.

Check the numbers for the premium T9 Missouri same guns sigma dispersion and it's avg dmg is 20k higher than the Iowa. Same with the Freddy and to a lesser extent the Lion but that's an HE spammer and fire starter.

SO after all the penetration calculation for each shell do they apply a 3rd one along the lines of 2nd pen - 30% chance of damage 3rd pen 10% chance of damage 

Just wondering _ gameplay and Stats support it.

Premiums not affected it seems.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-TAP-]
Players
272 posts
7,939 battles

I'll suggest this is being caused by a healthy mix of rng and confirmation bias.

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
13 minutes ago, Bayla450 said:

SO after all the penetration calculation for each shell do they apply a 3rd one along the lines of 2nd pen - 30% chance of damage 3rd pen 10% chance of damage

and here I thought I'd seen most of the whacky tinfoil hat theories by now... guess not, this one is genuinely new and creative. :cap_like:

• Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,146 battles

reply..

give us a reply of a battle that you thought your guns didnt work as they should have.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles

You're bang right, @Bayla450, it's a little-known Illuminati plot, orchestrated by the British Royal family (who are really lizard-people from Zeta-Reticuli) in order to give the Elders of Zion control of your credit earning potential but don't say too much or the Men in Black will be round to put chemtrails over your house. Stay safe, brother!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ENUF]
Players
3,869 posts
13,587 battles

And it is not even Thursday...still we get a thursday-quality post. Forum never fails to amuse me :)

maybe there is a reason iowa and missiuti have different stats...maybe one of then is not playable by everyone and not all players can get some so there could be a lot of bad players not able to lower the missouri stats...and comparing the avg dmg of ships on the same tier...rlly? I mean there is a reason ships deal more dmg than others, that does not mean a lot...but i guess in a tinfolded mind it does...

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
6,334 battles
24 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

reply..

give us a reply of a battle that you thought your guns didnt work as they should have.

:Smile_great:
Give us a replay or screenshot.
Most likely your shells didn't hit the arming threshold or exploded outside the ship causing overpenetrations instead of penetrations.  

[CATS]
Players
26,092 posts
14,090 battles
55 minutes ago, Bayla450 said:

Just wondering _ gameplay and Stats support it.

No and no.

Stats clearly show that better players get better results with elite ships and high point captains....

My gameplay shows the same.

If your gameplay shows something different, you should think about that.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,198 battles

Why is it those kinds of posters never have a replay attached to the thread? Ah, the post would last about 10 minutes and be torn down with logical explanations, and we cant have that for the tin-foil-hat brigade.

And that is a player with over 6k games...

[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles

Iowa is not an easy battleship to play and although the shells are great, the guns are meh in my opinion. I suggest you take a look at the armour schemes of other ships and learn what targets you are best shooting at and where.

[-TAP-]
Players
272 posts
7,939 battles
1 hour ago, xxNihilanxx said:

You're bang right, @Bayla450, it's a little-known Illuminati plot, orchestrated by the British Royal family (who are really lizard-people from Zeta-Reticuli) in order to give the Elders of Zion control of your credit earning potential but don't say too much or the Men in Black will be round to put chemtrails over your house. Stay safe, brother!

This post was brought to you in association with David Icke and Garth Merenghi Dutch Wasp productions.

KEEP WATCHING THE SKIES.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
10 hours ago, Bayla450 said:

it just doesn't do the damage I expect. 

Clearly your expectations are wrong

So maybe I am crap or RNG is having a laugh?

Bit of both :Smile_trollface:

So what I noticed was Pen hits AP or HE seem to be limited 1 for 4.5k dmg fine frequency of 2 pens oddly low and 3 nearly never. So why are the guns so rubbish? Or are they? 

They're not, you just need to aim better. Also going by last 2 month average you should get an average of 2.37 hits per salvo, which definitely seems to fit your observations

Over 40 battles I have had Des Moines sitting broadside at 5k distance and unload 9 hits on them yes you might think dead DM but it's never happened EVER.... 1 citadel maybe more likely 1 or 2 pens for up to 9k dmg and curse the RNG gods.

Your shells are going too fast. Even if you hit their main belt and your AP fuses arm, your shells pass through the ship before exploding.

This is where you want those "waterline / underwater" hits

Line up T10 cruisers broadside and guess what yeh you delete them one after  another... set them up bow tanking and yea 4 - 6 pens at most ranges for 10 - 15 or even 20k dmg the sort of the g you would expect with US heavy shells. So why not in randoms.

You are calm and collected in a TR. In a battle there are lots of distractions and lots of other stuff to pay attention to. You probably aren't as pin-point accurate

Check the numbers for the premium T9 Missouri same guns sigma dispersion and it's avg dmg is 20k higher than the Iowa. Same with the Freddy and to a lesser extent the Lion but that's an HE spammer and fire starter.

1. Don't use WoWS-Numbers for this, it's terrible for looking at anything more than 1 player. The last 2 month difference between Iowa and Missouri is 10k

2. Playstyle differences. Missouris will likely play closer up which leads to better hitrates and better damage output. Of course, if you overpush it you again lose effectiveness as you die too quickly

3. Over the last 2 months FDG has been doing a bit worse than Iowa, Lion's doing about on Missouris level. That alone breaks your "conspiracy"

Uhh.... No

Sign in to follow this