You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Is WG Anti DD

14 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

First we had the badly botched CV rework, and then a supposed hotfix, which fixed nothing, then radar was buffed/fixed, and then the Alaska (the mother of all cruisers) with 10km Radar was made available, to the wallet warriors but also the seasoned pro's, adding to the misery.

Regardless of whether you press P, hide behind a mountain, or have the stealthiest DD going, you're gonna either be slatted for being friggin useless because your not capping, because you don't fancy being perma spotted by radar and aircraft or are dead, hands up dd drivers how many "detonations" you've had from airstrikes today, alone,  regardless of which DD you're driving, or what flag you have flying. 

So the question; is WG deliberately trying to alienate DD players, and before any wise [edited]comes up with any facts and figures, please include before and post rework, hotfix, radar rework and the Alaska, i.e DD win rates before and after ??.  and more importantly how many players have sold their DD's ?.    The one thing that no one can deny; WG's "[edited] up" has well and truly upset A LOT of people.   

Surely World of Warplanes has enough flying for those that want to fly, if not it must be a pretty crap game, for WG to want to totally screw up a "WARSHIPS" GAME so that planes stand out more.

Could it because DD's pose the biggest threat to Submarines or is it because WG don't know how to depth charge & hedge hog ?.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,854 battles

I have no issues playing my DDs,infact the games i had since rework were more exciting even.

See my shimakaze and asashio stats for reference.

Of course i'm focusing on playing the Midway at the moment so i don't have a ton of DD games done yet.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
26,193 posts
14,119 battles

Yep, that is why they reduced the air spotting range of DD and increased the aiming time for rockets :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

Players
71 posts
4,325 battles

Anti DDs ? wat ?

They nerf concealment for EVERY SINGLE CLASS beside DDs, they give you 6 more sec for radar before getting detected by everyone. They makes DDs with 1/4 HE pen and 2 sec reload, they nerf the detectability range of DDs to the point planes have to be above them to spot them. I mean, if anything, WG is making the life of DDs easier. 

• Cool 3

[-TAP-]
Players
277 posts
7,968 battles

To be honest, I've not had any CV-related issues in DDs since the rework, other than one solitary game where I completely screwed up in a Shiratsuyu. Even in that one, the CV only did 3k damage, the rest was incoming shellfire whilst spotted. The big difference is that the meta's changed to strongly counter lone wolves wanting to sail without nearby support, and a lot of people haven't adapted their playstyle yet to accommodate it.

I do appreciate that it's possible I've been incredibly fortunate and not had any godlike enemy CV players since the rework, but if that's the case then they're clearly rare enough to not be worth balancing the game round.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,786 posts
17,291 battles

Had few battles in high tier DDs last night with @MrWastee; each battle the enemy had at least 3 radar ships (one battle I got caught off-guard by a radar Neptune) - yet I managed to carry each battle to victory and finish top of the scoreboard.

Yes, there are plenty of radars and other spotting tools going around, but it's  not impossible to play against ..

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

Win rates before and after will be identical, surely? As battles have mirrored MM?

DDs aren't in such a bad place, they're just hard to play (harder now arguably).

Players
617 posts
6,737 battles

Well initially on the first CV drop I was very negative on high tier DD play (my normal throw my toys out of my pram reaction to all change in my life) but since then Ive worked around it pretty much. A lot of my games in Shima now are twin CV and even up to 5 radar ships and you can still work around it.

Yes you have to be aware at ALL times and not rush into caps and radar range or you will get blatted pretty quick. So radar is doing what it is meant to do and denying me free reign of the field of play.

BUT if you sit back a bit and spot the radar ships and be aware of their range (I have a post it note with them all on) you can dip in and out and still be effective. It does take a much higher level of skill, concentration and awareness though granted.

Of course it would be easier with only 1 cv and say 3 radar ships and sometimes you do get that game.

T8 to 10 play is especially hard now not because of these things but also because a lot of players of lower skill levels are playing those ships now and you can't carry a game alone you need your team to be half decent.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,749 posts
10,202 battles

Is forum moderation anti non-constructive hate threads?

Excavatus

• Funny 3