You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

And there we have it: CVs in Clan Battles

59 comments in this topic

Players
2,182 posts
20,299 battles

The new test Cross server Clan Battle season will include CVs.

As a junior member, I can't speak for [SBS] but the amount of enthusiasm seems to be, er, limited among the clan mates. I do think some will give it a try but if this happens in the next regular CB season, I'm dropping out of this game entirely.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I mean, it's pretty obvious WG were going to test this at the very least. I'd say hold our horses for now - let them test it, that still leaves a good chunk of time until the 5th season actually happens (which could bring further improvements to CVs), and there's no guarantee they'll be in that 5th season either (so possibly even more time).

Once we get concrete information on when CVs will enter a full CB season, then we can still use what we know about how CVs have changed, and how exactly they'll be inserted into the format to argue against it all with all of the energy we save right now :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious WG were going to test this at the very least. I'd say hold our horses for now - let them test it, that still leaves a good chunk of time until the 5th season actually happens (which could bring further improvements to CVs), and there's no guarantee they'll be in that 5th season either (so possibly even more time).

Once we get concrete information on when CVs will enter a full CB season, then we can still use what we know about how CVs have changed, and how exactly they'll be inserted into the format to argue against it all with all of the energy we save right now :Smile_teethhappy:

Please tell me one thing they tested publicly that was NOT implemented on live later while still broken ? Because I cannot remember one thing in the past 2 years or so I play this game ...

• Cool 2

[OP]
[OP]
Players
387 posts
12,455 battles

Personally I see it this way:

This time they made it on tier X, the same team size as normal clan battles (7 vs 7) and as addition they offer steel for testing - for me it sounds like they really want us to test it to see it can work or not.

I would say (and hope) they are not sure about putting CV into clan battles and after this test they hopefully decide to disallow CVs.

Personally, after watching NA KOTS games im disgusted by CV and this is 9 vs 9. DD exists only to be rekt my HE bombs and whole overspotting breaks the basic idea of the game.

Im not gonna be surprised if most of ships give up concealment at all for other upgrades as it's useles now.

//edit :D

" Aircraft carriers will not be allowed to participate in the fifth Clan Battles season, codenamed "Land of Fire".

• Cool 6

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

It was an obvious and expected move, they always said it was hoped they could include CV's in the mode and when they were excluded there was a very vocal objection which wasn't entirely unjustified as excluding part of the player base was never good.

That said I'm glad I won't be playing Clan Battles when it happens, CV's make for miserable gameplay and in a 7v7 format they will be very nasty. 

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles

I dont see it as a huge problem - the competitive clans are likely to have a carrier player or recruit one. The non competitive clans that are playing CW for the lols/steel arent going to be fussed by having sensible teams.

• Cool 1

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,391 battles

Well the CVs are so wonderfully balanced in random battles at the moment aren't they ....what can possibly go wrong? 

It wasn't quite the same as CBs, but one of the draws of Ranked was that you DIDN'T have to put up with the rework CV circus act. They aren't balanced vs. surface ships and they aren't capable of dealing with enemy CVs. The skill gap is as large if not larger than when they were RTS - their influence on games arguably just as great as a result.  Putting them into a competitive game mode is almost as daft as releasing an unfinished and broken class onto the live servers...... oh wait.

• Cool 5

Players
2,182 posts
20,299 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Griva sagte:

Im not gonna be surprised if most of ships give up concealment at all for other upgrades as it's useles now.

Ah so that's their dastardly plan!

They want to force people to finally grind all those useless side-grade Legendary modules.

• Funny 1

[OP]
[OP]
Players
387 posts
12,455 battles

OH wait guys, read this:

Aircraft carriers will not be allowed to participate in the fifth Clan Battles season, codenamed "Land of Fire".

7a18be57c9a6eb623577269439195b0f--los-me

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Cross-server MM testing is one thing, but you'd imagine they'd start testing CVs in CB after they've concluded the ongoing rework. Any data gathered in this test is surely going to get skewed by any following balance changes to CVs and AA making any conclusions drawn from the test hazardous at the very best.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Cross-server MM testing is one thing, but you'd imagine they'd start testing CVs in CB after they've concluded the ongoing rework. Any data gathered in this test is surely going to get skewed by any following balance changes to CVs and AA making any conclusions drawn from the test hazardous at the very best.

guess that depends on what kind of information they take away from it... power levels etc, sure those will be worthless, but I'm not so sure CVs will change radically enough (again) in the foreseeable future that this test couldn't tell them something about how 7v7 with CVs feels and plays in general?

[POP]
Players
597 posts
11,670 battles

Oh great. Optimal flag composition for Darling now includes 9 combat flags. Bye bye captain exp farming.

November Echo Setteseven -  No more CV planes

India X-Ray - Fires

Juliet Whiskey Unaone - Floods

Victor Lima - more fires

November Foxtrot - Work faster AA scrubs

Sierra Mike - Spood is life

India Delta - Overclocked 3D-printer

India Yankee - You repaired the first fire stoopid?

Juliet Charlie - No smoking in the magazine

You could arguably even get the Juliet Yankee Bissotwo too, in the rare case of acute torp ingestion.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Implementing something that is currently still in pre-alpha testing and is weekly "patched"?

LTSNE31-2__37475.1390362007.1280.1280.jp

What happened? Was Wargaming bought by Acme Co.?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

The new test Cross server Clan Battle season will include CVs.

As a junior member, I can't speak for [SBS] but the amount of enthusiasm seems to be, er, limited among the clan mates. I do think some will give it a try but if this happens in the next regular CB season, I'm dropping out of this game entirely.

CV will be totally useless class in CW

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

At the very least their ability to instantly scout out initial ship deployments is going to throw the meta out of whack for sure.

As for useless, probably not. The Hakuryu 8km TBs should be pretty damn effective at uprooting ships from their usual island camping positions.

[CATS]
Players
26,115 posts
14,098 battles
6 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Apart from probably eliminating the DD class from CW.

• DD are worse at spotting
  • DD have a hard time capping with planes above
  • DD do less damage than CV
  • Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

At the very least their ability to instantly scout out initial ship deployments is going to throw the meta out of whack for sure.

As for useless, probably not. The Hakuryu 8km TBs should be pretty damn effective at uprooting ships from their usual island camping positions.

Meta will change. But due to very low dps team WITHOUT CV will have much higher DPS and could brute force other team. In last season we saw that team who lost ship first usually lost a game

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Apart from probably eliminating the DD class from CW.

• DD are worse at spotting
  • DD have a hard time capping with planes above
  • DD do less damage than CV

Enter cap. Press smoke. Immune to CV. Cap. 

• Bad 3

[CATS]
Players
26,115 posts
14,098 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

Enter cap. Press smoke. Immune to CV. Cap. 

And then you will get radared...

Apart from CV torping the smoke or just guessing with bombs or rockets.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And then you will get radared...

Apart from CV torping the smoke or just guessing with bombs or rockets.

We have radar in game right now so DDs get radared all the time and learned to counter it. Also baiting radar. So there is nothing new. There are no more torp soup from CV and torps are slow so much less threat. and so one. 

Real question in team of 7 can team afford to drop one cruiser or second DD to gain low dps and 1 spoting squad. 

personally I see CW as ship that would bring nothing to CW table. It is not old CW who could have 7 squads in air and still crosdrop DD

[CATS]
Players
26,115 posts
14,098 battles

You cannot bait radar with a plane above you.

If you smoke you get radared.

If you move out of smoke, you have a plane above you. You do not have a second smoke.

• Cool 1