Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GOLDORN

Questions about the game (edited)

15 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
4,122 battles

hi a couple of questions 1st one is please sort out this match making farse ive had to sell some of my ships to be able to carry on playing as i keep gettin matched up to higher tiers and get whooped in seconds its not on. 2nd question i dont know what tier the vanguard is classed as but the other day i ended up facing a ship that fired blue ammo at me and with one salvo wiped out 3/4 of my ships hp im like wth is this blue ammo stuff and why am i put up against these people with this stuff i dont stand a chance then later that day i was sunk by a ship that was invisible to the naked eye and to radar but it was close enuff to launch shed loads of torpedos at once wth is that all about and what are these florins i keep getting and what are they for please thankyou for any help

• Funny 4

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

has it ever occurred to you that you have zero business being in ships above tier 4 when you so very very clearly lack even basic knowledge? Play more there, learn to actually play the game, and then you'll feel a lot less lost at higher tiers. I'll answer your points in detail - but the answer is going to be very similar every time...

7 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

ive had to sell some of my ships to be able to carry on playing as i keep gettin matched up to higher tiers and get whooped in seconds its not on

entirely on you for not even nearly being ready for these tiers. Nothing WG can do about it.

i dont know what tier the vanguard is classed as

:fish_palm:

fired blue ammo at me and with one salvo wiped out 3/4 of my ships hp im like wth is this blue ammo stuff

the blue colour is purely cosmetic, comes from a captain that could be earned/bought a while ago. The getting nuked part of it (I'd guess it might have been a Monty?) comes from you effing up - again, no business being at higher tiers.

9 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

i dont stand a chance

no you don't - so learn from it and dont go there again until you're better. Spare yourself (and your teammates by the way) the frustration.

10 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

a ship that was invisible to the naked eye and to radar but it was close enuff to launch shed loads of torpedos at once wth is that all about

no, it wasnt "invisible to radar". Doesnt work that way. Just sounds like that was a player that knew what he was doing - and you had no idea what was happening.

11 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

what are these florins i keep getting and what are they for please thankyou for any help

those are for the current event. Reading patchnotes is helpful... https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-081-british-squadrons/

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
26,165 posts
14,106 battles
  1. Sort out you gameplay. That is not a MM problem.
  2. Just an optical effect of a special captain. The shells are normal.
  3. Torpedos can have enough range that you cannot see who launched them.
  4. Please read the patchnotes and take a look at the arsenal.
  • Cool 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles

First question: If you loose to much money on higher tiers, you either need premium to compensate or play better is the simple answer. Only good players tend to make money without premium on higher tiers.

Get more lower tier moneymakers or improve in your Vanguard (or improve your own game before jumping into tier 8, preferably).

Second question: The blue ammo is just cosmetics. It is a special captain that has blue tracers, nothing more. If you got nuked that hard any other BB could have done the same thing.

The rest seems like a lack of understanding game mechanics. Nothing is purely "invisible". If radar can't see it, it is outside of radar range (alternatively the change in radar could sort of explain confusion. Radared ships are visible first to the one who radars, then seconds after to the rest).

Florins are a new temporary currency for the arsenal.

Players
318 posts
10,748 battles

Thinks Ship is OP, Buys ship. Thank you for keeping the servers running! 691946485_fundingtheservers.PNG.0d988d608c6ed3c13527cf258ed7141b.PNG

• Funny 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,744 posts
10,197 battles

Edit: I've changed the title of the thread because I was about to lock it due to the presence of sticky MM discussion thread.

Then I realised that is not only about it.

please keep MM discussions out of this one.
Thank you...

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

Three. Thousand. Battles.

That's how many he has. Has he learned nothing yet?

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
4,122 battles
3 hours ago, ollonborre said:

First question: If you loose to much money on higher tiers, you either need premium to compensate or play better is the simple answer. Only good players tend to make money without premium on higher tiers.

Get more lower tier moneymakers or improve in your Vanguard (or improve your own game before jumping into tier 8, preferably).

Second question: The blue ammo is just cosmetics. It is a special captain that has blue tracers, nothing more. If you got nuked that hard any other BB could have done the same thing.

The rest seems like a lack of understanding game mechanics. Nothing is purely "invisible". If radar can't see it, it is outside of radar range (alternatively the change in radar could sort of explain confusion. Radared ships are visible first to the one who radars, then seconds after to the rest).

Florins are a new temporary currency for the arsenal.

i aint paying to get whooped by red,blue ammo bein fired at me coz the match making system dont put lower peeps into the groups they should be in 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,165 posts
14,106 battles

Why do you even pay?

Btw. WG does not select your ship. You do that.

Select one that does not see such powerful enemies.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

i aint paying to get whooped by red,blue ammo bein fired at me coz the match making system dont put lower peeps into the groups they should be in 

I'll just repeat myself.

It is YOU putting yourself into a group you absolutely should not be in, not the game.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
9 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

Tier 1 ships can have that red / blue "amo" as it's 100% COSMETIC.

You being clueless has nothing to do with the game or problems that might exist in it. It's YOU who's the problem

And... "lower peeps"? You have nearly 3 f:etc_swear:ing thousand games played :fish_palm:

Players
4 posts
4,122 battles
Just now, GOLDORN said:

so how do you spend these florins ??

[CATS]
Players
26,165 posts
14,106 battles
4 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

so how do you spend these florins ??

4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  1. Sort out you gameplay. That is not a MM problem.
  2. Just an optical effect of a special captain. The shells are normal.
  3. Torpedos can have enough range that you cannot see who launched them.
  4. Please read the patchnotes and take a look at the arsenal.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles
51 minutes ago, GOLDORN said:

Yeah I'm just going to quote what Tyrendian said:

45 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I'll just repeat myself.

It is YOU putting yourself into a group you absolutely should not be in, not the game.

The game holds no responsibility or cares about individual player skill. If you don't adapt you either need to start doing so or play lower tiers to get a better grasp on the game. Buying a premium and not even knowing what tier it is should give you a hint what you should be doing.

Sign in to follow this