You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

11 comments in this topic

[FAME]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

I thought I'd come back to try some WoWs, see how the new CV reworks is going, spend some of that free exp and credits WG gave us.

First day was actually ok and rather uneventful. Second day:

wr3.thumb.PNG.95fb229b235ebdd5e44873285ea1c389.PNG

wr2.thumb.PNG.0f365ce1d98b6ab33d29070a1c86041e.PNG

Why's that a problem? Because this.

wr1.thumb.PNG.d8ec75296e9ba284fb7a5e758e081003.PNG

Every game, 4 times in a row, my team had lower average WR than the opponent team. I had 30%, 40%, while they had 50-60%. The second Monarch game my team had a 70% Gearing sure, but also two Grozovois that died within the first 5 minutes. BTW I was the only WR higher than 50% on that Gearing game in my Monarch (56%) but tell me how in the world am I supposed to carry with a Monarch in a T10 game.

The Alsace game I citadelled a few cruisers and did over 100k, but because I was the one closest to the enemy (angled, partially behind a rock, on cap, tanking T9s and T10s, took a Mino suicide to kill me), it was still a disappointment.

I baited 2.7 mil damage in Monarch game with stealth until I finally died but still, a lose, because we had 2 afk from start and fed them a free T9 while over 5 ppl chased a single Yamato from C, and enemy regrouped back onto B faster than my team, used cover better, massacred them.

In the Shima game, I was the only DD sitting in the middle 2 circles, and had to single salvo torp in multiple directions until I was left with less than 1k HP and had to bail from mid, upon which the points collapsed in their favor. The double strike was because I torped their Akizuki and a Minotaur (both in smoke, seriously a smoke Mino though) at the same time, but my torps were headed their way even before they smoked, talk about strategic torping.

I sorta feel good about myself, but not good enough that I'm retiring from the game again because every time I come back again my teammates remind me just how pointless this game is. And how I probably could've had a good time if I had just decided to play all my favourite ships (probably could've partially carried every game like the Shima one, if I played with my favourites) but Noooooo game is all about grind grind grind can't resist gotta flying grind them ships.

I hate grind. I hate a game that I can't play with my friends. I hate a game that is pointless in the end. Sorry.

I also think the CV rework is horrible and feel that a match without CV now is a lot more enjoyable than a game with, evident from the games that I played both as a surface ship and in a CV. I once killed a CV in a BB because he missed 9000 torpedo drops on my and I literally just sailed up to them. That doesn't make me happy, and actually makes me sad for the player who was playing that CV. The CVs have no meaning or purpose at all anymore except adding incessant chaos to games and annoy ships with their spotting, while pressure friendly CVs to try to protect friendly ships with a fighter deployment mechanism that is I strongly think, dumb and stupid. They also take up 2 precious surface ship slots while we have to babysit them.

The only good thing about this game is its forums, community, mods and Xandier senpai's skins, the game launcher, basically everything except the game itself. It's almost ridiculous.

Sorry.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,794 posts
19,513 battles

Did you just create a topic complaining about how utterly abysmal the average player is?

How long have you been gone?

• Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

MM doesn't factor in player skill and it can and will occasionally result in hilarious MM scenarios where it sets a sack of potatoes against a battleship's crew worth of potato pelling penals.

As always with random distributions, you can get really unlucky and be on the receiving end of such unbalanced MM multiple times in a row and trust me when I say I know the pain, but it all evens out in the greater scheme of things.

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,316 battles

And why are those results "relevant"? Looks like a bad streak if nothing else.

You should have learned about those across your over 4k games.

Will you post again when you have 4 wins in a row? Or, since that will be "down to skill" will be that so called "uneventful" day.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
27 minutes ago, KarmaQU_EU said:

Every game, 4 times in a row, my team had lower average WR than the opponent team.

did you need a microscope to come up with that sample size? :fish_palm:

Also, welcome back DramaQueen. Maybe you'll stay true to your word and remain gone this time? Or are we gonna get this exact same thread again in a month or two?

• Funny 2

Players
318 posts
10,773 battles

Been here since beta, quits game because better wr team = win, basis whole post over 4 games...… Genius post. 

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
35 minutes ago, KarmaQU_EU said:

I thought I'd come back to try some WoWs, see how the new CV reworks is going, spend some of that free exp and credits WG gave us.

First day was actually ok and rather uneventful. Second day:

wr3.thumb.PNG.95fb229b235ebdd5e44873285ea1c389.PNG

wr2.thumb.PNG.0f365ce1d98b6ab33d29070a1c86041e.PNG

Why's that a problem? Because this.

wr1.thumb.PNG.d8ec75296e9ba284fb7a5e758e081003.PNG

Every game, 4 times in a row, my team had lower average WR than the opponent team. I had 30%, 40%, while they had 50-60%. The second Monarch game my team had a 70% Gearing sure, but also two Grozovois that died within the first 5 minutes. BTW I was the only WR higher than 50% on that Gearing game in my Monarch (56%) but tell me how in the world am I supposed to carry with a Monarch in a T10 game.

The Alsace game I citadelled a few cruisers and did over 100k, but because I was the one closest to the enemy (angled, partially behind a rock, on cap, tanking T9s and T10s, took a Mino suicide to kill me), it was still a disappointment.

I baited 2.7 mil damage in Monarch game with stealth until I finally died but still, a lose, because we had 2 afk from start and fed them a free T9 while over 5 ppl chased a single Yamato from C, and enemy regrouped back onto B faster than my team, used cover better, massacred them.

In the Shima game, I was the only DD sitting in the middle 2 circles, and had to single salvo torp in multiple directions until I was left with less than 1k HP and had to bail from mid, upon which the points collapsed in their favor. The double strike was because I torped their Akizuki and a Minotaur (both in smoke, seriously a smoke Mino though) at the same time, but my torps were headed their way even before they smoked, talk about strategic torping.

I sorta feel good about myself, but not good enough that I'm retiring from the game again because every time I come back again my teammates remind me just how pointless this game is. And how I probably could've had a good time if I had just decided to play all my favourite ships (probably could've partially carried every game like the Shima one, if I played with my favourites) but Noooooo game is all about grind grind grind can't resist gotta flying grind them ships.

I hate grind. I hate a game that I can't play with my friends. I hate a game that is pointless in the end. Sorry.

I also think the CV rework is horrible and feel that a match without CV now is a lot more enjoyable than a game with, evident from the games that I played both as a surface ship and in a CV. I once killed a CV in a BB because he missed 9000 torpedo drops on my and I literally just sailed up to them. That doesn't make me happy, and actually makes me sad for the player who was playing that CV. The CVs have no meaning or purpose at all anymore except adding incessant chaos to games and annoy ships with their spotting, while pressure friendly CVs to try to protect friendly ships with a fighter deployment mechanism that is I strongly think, dumb and stupid. They also take up 2 precious surface ship slots while we have to babysit them.

The only good thing about this game is its forums, community, mods and Xandier senpai's skins, the game launcher, basically everything except the game itself. It's almost ridiculous.

Sorry.

4 games is to small sample to give any conclusions..i have days with 15 wins out of 20 games and 1 win out of 7...but in longer run (lets say 100 games) when MM equaly matches bots with you and against you, your skill decide on which WR you will sit.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles

Im still amazed that people think looking at a WR with a ship, which could be as low as 10 battles is a good indicator of a players skill.

If you were to use MM monitor then im either the worst cruiser player ever (st louis 14 battles -28%) or one of the best cruiser ayers ever (konigsberg - 16 battles - 81%)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,762 posts
10,278 battles

Please use the sticky MM thread to explain how aweful teammates MM gives to one side constantly.

Thank you.

Locked!

Excavatus.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1