You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

1 000 000 fxp

65 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Weekend Tester
1,209 posts
12,472 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

One million free xp is that even possible to grind it all up for the Alaska without spending it on something else?

I'm not so sure I could resist the temptation to spend it.

I saved 2,5 mil free exp and bought Missouri, Kronstandt, Musashi. Its all about self-control.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,424 posts
8,803 battles

Why not?

After CV rework i had 1,9 million FreeXP, i used 500k for ships/modules and now i used 1million for Alaska. The more lines you have unlocked, the more FreeXP you can gather. Back when Missouri was a FreeXP ship, 750k actually was a lot to accumulate. Now its very easy with all the super flags/camos.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Very much possible, depending on how much free XP you spend whilst grinding ships and how much you earn (nowadays there's loads of special signal flags and camouflages that give free XP bonuses).

• Cool 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,178 battles

ive bought every FXP ship and still have 2.5 million FXP left

and no im not running premium acc or spend money on flags (beside the one i get ingame for playing)

so yes its possible

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles
Just now, NoobySkooby said:

One million free xp is that even possible to grind it all up for the Alaska without spending it on something else?

Yes.

Aside from a few occasions where I spent a few hundred free exp to make up the difference I needed to unlock a module or new ship (because I just couldn't be arsed to play one more game), I don't spend free exp on tech tree ships.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,718 posts
10,106 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Snoww said:

1 million free xp can be ground in a week with the right signals 

Can you please give a little more detail on that strategy?

Clearly OP can learn from it..

and me...

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
9 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

spend with your brain, not with pure instinct/greed... as in, never skip a ship, don't just blindly unlock all the new modules on a ship but instead be smart about it, look closely what they do and which ones you really need for the ship to perform adequately.

Also, this kind of thing kinda helps... shame Cherry Blossom is temporarily out of rotation due to CV rework

bPKkqgM.jpg

• Cool 3

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

Spend it.....t9 premiums are worst kind.....you are almost guaranteed tX matchmaking and t10 ships are much stronger than them.

Basically why play TX games in t9 ship and be underdog most of the times? it is not worth this 10% of games when you are top tier and you club t7.

only possibly reason could be if t9 has some special ship....Alaska is not that.....better save coal and get Salem

• Bad 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,424 posts
8,803 battles
Just now, Excavatus said:

and me...

Easiest (spells most consistent) way was/are Operations for me. But the current ones dont work too good for that. Narai could work, but its kinda hard to complete with 4 guys. Less players = more rewards for one individual.

30k+ FreeXP per game wasnt hard or uncommon to achieve, which is basicly 100k per hour. Only problem is lack of Signals and Camos :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,567 posts
10,261 battles

I am fairly sure there exist mod to lock your free expirience so you can't use it. Or that was for world of tanks?

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,718 posts
10,106 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Easiest (spells most consistent) way was/are Operations for me. But the current ones dont work too good for that. Narai could work, but its kinda hard to complete with 4 guys. Less players = more rewards for one individual.

30k+ FreeXP per game wasnt hard or uncommon to achieve, which is basicly 100k per hour. Only problem is lack of Signals and Camos :Smile_trollface:

The thing is, I don't know what signals to use in combination.

Putting regular XP signals with freeXP signals help?

and the special signals like dragons and hydra types.

I usually use them on my tier 9 premiums to gain commander XP and credits.

Using them in operations looks like a waste for me..

If somebody writes a clear strategy for FreeXP farming, people who needs that may use it.

I frankly Don't care about freeXP farming, It slowly builds up.. I use them sometimes for skipping ships, or buying ships.

I have kron and musa, and I skipped Monarch and neptune entirely. I can get enough FXP for myself cause I don't care how fast I get :)

1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

I am fairly sure there exist mod to lock your free expirience so you can't use it. Or that was for world of tanks?

It was in tanks yes..

But we have that here too.. thanks to aslain..

Players
2,831 posts
19,178 battles
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

YES

stick as much Xp on the ship as you can

while sticking as much FXP on as you can

but priorize XP over FXP if its  about the same magnitude of bonus 

(ofc choose 777% FXp over 100% XP)

• Cool 1

Players
984 posts
20,295 battles

I collected the Million in two month.  But i dont have much ships to grind. I used free  XP in the past for getting some modules(B Hull etc), but not for skipping complete ships. That is not a good thing to Rush Up. And it safes free XP. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,424 posts
8,803 battles
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

and the special signals like dragons and hydra types.

I usually use them on my tier 9 premiums to gain commander XP and credits.

Using them in operations looks like a waste for me..

I think the best combo is:

Mosaic or Spring Sky camo + the special signals (Hydra and such) + Premium acc (ofc) and if its 100% or even 200% daily win bonus better yet.

• Cool 4

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
300 posts
7,497 battles
24 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

shot-19_03_07_11_07.14-0556.thumb.jpg.ea81fa45d71b6b65afb6a1e778e9b14a.jpghere is my self control, mixed with a bit of no lifing :P

101k dubloons and literally nothing to spend it on?

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
2,451 posts
7,258 battles

I'm about to top 1 mil free XP again.  This is after buying Alaska last week.  I have been fully upgrading ships when I buy them (and I have bought 13-14 new ships since 0.8.0 hit all at tiers 7-9) and yet still it jumps up.  I'm soon going to start investing free XP into captains to boost a few of those up to competitive levels.

As others have said, never use free XP to skip ships - only use them to unlock things like the new hull, guns and perhaps range.  Often things like the propulsion/torps can be ground out at your leisure but it is always worth reading up on a ship to work out a priority order for the upgrades and which ones are more essential.

Skipping ships is a bad idea for many reasons.  Sure, some ships are lacklustre, but often they will teach you lessons about that ship line that will help you as you progress to the higher tiers - if you don't learn these lessons in lower tiers you will find it more punishing the further up the line you get.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,241 battles
21 minutes ago, _Dunc_ said:

101k dubloons and literally nothing to spend it on?

nope nothing. which is why im not exactly happy with WGs policy on refunding things with doubloons 

• Cool 1

Players
1,245 posts
9,254 battles
56 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

and me...

The best you can do is:

• Take an operation you can reliably win, and your best ship for it
  • Stock up on special signals and best possible camos -- when you use them, use a FULL set best optimized for FreeXP gains. Otherwise don't touch them.

Back last autumn, when we got the annual reward sets of special signals, I grinded the Kronshtadt in about one week, playing the Sims in Operation Dynamo. I could reliably grind about 50k FreeXP in one hour. It felt ... stupidly easy.

Also if you always pick the "resource" as your daily container, I feel like it really speeds up your baseline FreeXP gains. You get straight FreeXP (in batches of 500) and a pretty steady supply of XP and FreeXP signals.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,772 posts
17,120 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

shot-19_03_07_11_07.14-0556.thumb.jpg.ea81fa45d71b6b65afb6a1e778e9b14a.jpghere is my self control, mixed with a bit of no lifing :P

"I need money" :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
9,805 posts
11,484 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

and me...

AFAIK it involved Sims and Dynamo Ops:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Sat on 3.700.000 the day Alaska went live. Have all the free xp boats. Still got just short of 2.450.000. My current policy is to use Free XP only on upgrades and never skip a ship. I used operation Cherry Blossom,  the special flags and camo's saved for same purpose.