Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

My suggestion?...Equalise AA power!

6 comments in this topic

[-BSG-]
Players
337 posts
37,009 battles

In my opinion the way to refit the CV and anti-CV game is to make AA power betwen ships MORE equal

Now there are ships with too overpowered AA and otherwise ships too lack about.

Thats generate several problems in game:

1 - Ships with low AA power are subject to several attacks and attentions by CVs, without any possible defence, expecially if they are low tiers.

2 - CVs arent able to attack sips with super-AA...and that's make CVs useless in same games.

3 - Low tiers CV are unable to attack top tier ships (expecially Cruisers and BB)

Super-AA of any ships make them invulnerable also if CV player is good

Low-AA of any other ships make them without defence also if CV player is a noob.

My opinion?: EQUALISE more AA power.

And NOW...Just an asking:

Bismarck in real battle was attacked by any swordfish torpedo planes....They hit her and survives all!

In game how many Swordfish tier 4 biplane will survive?....The answer is ZERO!

Think about this pls dear WG developers.

Average AAs...then also a tier 6 CV (...dont say a tier 4) can attack a Bismarck, making this game more balanced and historically correct pls! 

• Boring 1

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

You really are an idiot, seriously.

The swordfish survived because they flew too low and slow for the Bismark's AAA to track. Try that run with Jap or Yank torp bombers and they would be fucked.

Swordfish had such a low stall speed they could pull off manouvers others couldn't.

Also aaa shouldn't be equal, some ships where buult as aaa platforms others where not.

Final, swordfish ingame are T4 and Bismark is T8, they wont meet....

Players
1,514 posts
3,133 battles

What i think they should do is to make AA so that it renders every bullet (just a texture, no model) and if it hits the aircraft it deals damage, if it doesn't, it doesn't do damage.

THIS is balance.

Also, make so that the dual pourpose guns, either shoot at a ship or at the planes.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
14 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

The swordfish survived because they flew too low and slow for the Bismark's AAA to track.

That's a largely debunked myth. The reason why the Bismarck couldn't handle the aerial attack was primarily down to not up to snuff AAA firecontrol, ironically the FlaK directors that where originally slated to be used on the Bismarck aft FlaK firecontrol and would've been better had been given to the russians as part of an agreement (along with another pair from the Prinz Eugen), which meant half the fire directors were inferiour (unstabilized for example).

It did not help that AA gunnery training was incomplete, nevermind that the standard of such training for the KM was hardly adequate for its time in the first place.

Likewise the attacks occurred late when night had already fallen (first one was at midnight, second one was ~21 o'clock) which made target acquisition difficult to begin with and gunners would be blinded by their own muzzle flashes further reducing they already hamstrung capacity to put rounds on target.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
6,443 battles

I do agree that the difference between AA in tiers should be less big. Cleveland should have similar AA power as the Worcester.

This also means the hp plane difference per tier should be smaller. 

Sign in to follow this