Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

So I lost my replays again.

6 comments in this topic

Players
5,976 posts
11,345 battles

Isn't there some way to automate this so it does not forget the previous setting? It even deletes the replays before I played a single battle, so often I will have not thought about it.

I just want to be able to log into the game without needing to start worrying about stuff like this before I even played my first battle. Is this really so hard??? Is there any way to have all the updates remember this setting automatically? Not much fun this way.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Weird because my replays are all still there, neatly categorized in game version folders all the way back to 0.7.12.0 (which was the last time since I cleaned my replays folder).

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,263 battles
2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I just want to be able to log into the game without needing to start worrying about stuff like this before I even played my first battle.

Then read the notes and foresee that a version change will obliterate your replays, its not rocket science...

Is this really so hard??? Is there any way to have all the updates remember this setting automatically? Not much fun this way.

No, just explained how. No. No one has fun with replays, either way...unless you are watching them, which you cannot, because the reasons above.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,402 posts
15,380 battles

Hi all,

Isn't there some way to automate this so it does not forget the previous setting? It even deletes the replays before I played a single battle, so often I will have not thought about it.

I just want to be able to log into the game without needing to start worrying about stuff like this before I even played my first battle. Is this really so hard??? Is there any way to have all the updates remember this setting automatically? Not much fun this way.

I manually update the "engine_config.xml" after every update before launching the game for the first time... it is now my automation... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
6,793 posts
245 battles

You would think they would just take the exact system form world of tanks but i guess even Ctrl c and Ctrl v is too hard.

oh well.

Players
5,976 posts
11,345 battles
15 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I manually update the "engine_config.xml" after every update before launching the game for the first time... it is now my automation... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

This is what I've been doing, but with all these hotfixes and me wanting to focus more on RL instead of having to focus on to babysit the wows installer like every week now (I just want to play without needing to worry and to escape, mind you), if I forget once then all the previous replays I did prevent in getting deleted by previous hotfixes will also be gone. Unless I back up everything manually of course.

This is an annoyance and it doesn't need to be here.

And Aotearas mentioned him not having this problem without explaining anything. You have any idea what he's talking about? He's not answering my initial question anyway.

Sign in to follow this