Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Okitank

Did everyone forget about Mikasa?

12 comments in this topic

Question

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,032 posts
9,617 battles

Hello! 
It's been what, 2.5 years Mikasa have been released? And no love have been given to her. 
Her secondaries, who should be the main strenght of the ship, are just a joke, with not enough range to save her poor hull from the ship attacking her? 
What is the issue preventing a buff to her secondary range? I mean, with the dispersion it has (let's imagine that including all the bonuses / captain skills it's buffed to 6 or 7km), it would hit one out of ten shells at best anyway.
The worse that could happen will be to teach newcommers about secondary specced ships they'll face later on. And the absolute worse is that Mikasa owners will not feel helpless anymore.

So, what is preventing any thought of buff for Mikasa? 

• Cool 1

11 answers to this question

Players
1,472 posts
3,093 battles

I think it's because there aren't a lot of players that have or that use Mikasa. But i love it though, i mean, not as much as the Yamato, but i like anyway and i would love to have her in my port.Mikasa.thumb.png.0a663542d8670405c1a70cd9a9946331.png

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
733 posts
6,708 battles

I got Mikasa the moment I knew of her and I love her! Played with her a few days ago after some time and I totally agree with you. These days it's hard to get her secundaries in range of anything while it's clear as day that her secundaries are at least 50% of her strength, maybe more. But most of the matches you can't use it even when fully specced. 

-everything is faster.

-it's torpedo heaven in her MM.

-MM is harsh on her with ships like Nassau that shines brighter on every single point.

-as the OP says, dispersion is a [edited] anyways when getting in range.

So I concur, giving her 6 km range wouldn't make her OP but rather competative and less of a harbor queen. I would love to play a Mikasa that matters. Please WG, give the old girl some love!

Edit: Can't upvote OP.

Edited by FukushuNL
Can't upvote OP
  • Cool 1

Modder
4,868 posts
22,110 battles

She should at least had access to Aiming Systems Modification 0:

Increases the firing accuracy of the main battery and secondary battery, accelerates the traverse speed of torpedo tubes and the main battery, and extends the firing range of the secondary battery:

• +20% to main battery traverse speed.
  • -40% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells.
  • +20% to secondary battery maximum firing range.
  • -40% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells

[RODS]
Players
1,220 posts
7,201 battles

They could have added a few more pre dreadnought era BB:s (tier 2) so she had something to shoot at

Players
853 posts
907 battles
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, wot_2016_gunner said:

there aren't a lot of players that have or that use Mikasa.

Probably not, however, it is very affordable & it is available in the premium shop if anyone wants it (hint, nudge, nudge wot_2016_gunner)

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:24 AM, Okitank said:

helpless

It is not entirely helpless

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:31 AM, Ronchabale said:

more pre dreadnought era

For some reason WoWS did not include the late 1880s/1890s motor driven warships (all the pre -T2 stuff that might have been in this game) An oversight in retrospect?

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:49 PM, Odo_Toothless said:

accuracy of the main battery

Mikasa is certainly hit or miss with her main guns, however, those main guns are rather big for T2.  Also, when the Secondaries can be used, the Mikasa is powerful enough.

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,032 posts
9,617 battles

But actually, secondaries cannot be used effectively. 3.8km range is just not enough, on a ship that is slower than all the ones it will fight. That's why it feels helpless. 
Plus,caliber actually doesn't mean much, AND, in most matches, you will end up against T3 dreadnoughts with superior guns anyway. 

I believe what you just said doesn't invalidate the need for a buff. 

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,032 posts
9,617 battles

No no no, just a buff to the secondaries. They are Mikasa's strong and fun point.

Players
2,175 posts
20,259 battles

I still like the idea of starting to treat all calibers as main guns. That you can aim manually.

This would also clearly demonstrate one of the benefits brought about by Dreadnought paradigm shift.

Or let her have two sets of main guns to make it slightly less confusing (or more to the point, confusing in a different way.)

All you'd need would be the option to bind some free key to toggling between smaller guns and the big turrets.

It would be challenging but she's not a ship for beginners anyway.

[BODEM]
Players
733 posts
6,708 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 3:02 AM, Okitank said:

No no no, just a buff to the secondaries. They are Mikasa's strong and fun point.

Agreed. just a lousy  2 extra km woulld make a real difference.

Sign in to follow this