MrConway

PTS - Rewards and Arsenal

7 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,507 battles

Dear Captains,

In Update 0.8.2, due to significantly extended stock and increased functionality, the Arsenal will get a new name—Armory.

The reward for completing the daily missions and Directives of Intergalactic All-Round will be Ironium, a new temporary resource which you can spend in a new temporary Armory category.

Permanent space camouflage patterns will be available again! Nine existing camos will be complemented with two new ones for Hindenburg and Shimakaze. In addition to camouflage patterns for Tier X ships, you can receive permanent space camos for US and French Tier VI–IX cruisers Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Buffalo, Galissonniere, Algerie, Charles Martel, and Saint Louis as rewards for completing Directives. During the Public Test, you will be able to obtain permanent camouflage patterns for Shimakaze and Tier VI–IX ships.

Starting from 0.8.2, each new update will bring a new camo for various ships to the Armory. These will be obtained in exchange for Copper or Molybdenum, with the required resource alternating with each update. In 0.8.2, Tier IX destroyer Black will get a new camouflage pattern—Marlin—which will be obtained in exchange for Molybdenum.

The Armory will also be stocked with numerous ships that can be obtained for doubloons, but these will be available on the live server only. During the Public Test, you will be able to make use of the newly-added ship filters, allowing you to select tiers, nations, required resources, and types.

Link to full article

Other topics:

Players
2,168 posts
20,242 battles

* The naming change from “Arsenal” to “Armory is pointless and needlessly confusing. Think of all the published materials, 3rd party Youtube videos, tutorials etc. People will continue to use those - not the least because WG still has not released a lot of material of their own - and then not find the old notion in the game any more. You can do such things but there should be a VERY good reason. This might have made sense in the original Russian – I don’t know. It does not make sense in English. And in German, the change from “Arsenal” to “Waffenkammer” actually makes things worse. At least the English words are vaguely different, making the change less confusing. The new German word is also just plain wrong. It means something different. It denotes a chamber in some sort of barracks where rifles are stacked in shelves along the walls. That's the only mental image here. If you really can’t find any decent editors / translators, in a pinch, I could free up a little capacity for you myself. There. You made me say it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BODEM]
Players
731 posts
6,703 battles

I am curious to which ships will be added to the arsenal for dubloons. Will the premiums that occupy the tech tree be transferedvto this place or will it be ships from the web shop? Maybe ships that have been unavailable untill now again? I must admit that I'm not really looking forward to this though. At least shipwise, the arsenal was play2aquire, while dubloons is 99% pay2aquire.

Players
5,976 posts
11,267 battles
22 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

I am curious to which ships will be added to the arsenal for dubloons. Will the premiums that occupy the tech tree be transferedvto this place or will it be ships from the web shop? Maybe ships that have been unavailable untill now again? I must admit that I'm not really looking forward to this though. At least shipwise, the arsenal was play2aquire, while dubloons is 99% pay2aquire.

There's currently 34 premiums in the tech tree (give or take) and iiuc there would be roughly 50 premiums added to the arsenal/armory? So a couple extra ones could be appearing but I don't know which ones.

Maybe Stalingrad! :Smile-_tongue:

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,889 battles

armory -  after click, nothing happens. 

rewards - no progress bar... no confirmation. 

Capture.JPG

Players
5,976 posts
11,267 battles
3 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

missions are missing... complete missing..

Untitled.png

They don't appear to always be included as a mission, but usually you should still get the rewards.

Doesn't make this lack of communication to PTS testers any less confusing though.