MrConway

PTS - General feedback

28 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,196 posts
3,395 battles

Dear Captains,

In this topic please leave general feedback about upcoming PTS.

Update 0.8.2 will bring new modes of the Space Warships Intergalactic Games, as well as improvements to the Port interface and Service Record.

IMPORTANT! As the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely, or implemented differently, by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

Link to portal article

Space GamesRewards and the ArsenalChanges to Aircraft CarriersImproved Port UI and Service Record

Other topics:

Players
157 posts

Sry ich kann leider kein Englisch, Dennoch:

Das Port Interface ist irgendwie Lieblos dahingeklatscht. Man hätte es ja vieleicht irgendwie dem Event Technisch - in dem Falle Space - verschönern können.

Ich vermisse die Möglichkeit die Einzelnen Reiter per Pfeil vorzuholen wenn was geschaft ist. Wenn ein Kampfauftrag oder Kontainer geholt werden kann oder die Belohnungen mit einem Extra Pfeil versehen das man den Entsprechenden Reiter vorholen kann, das durchklicken bis man es fertig hat um dann anschließend mit einem Pfeil minimieren könnte.

Players
2,109 posts
19,360 battles

I didn't get in a whole lot of play time since the wait times grew much to fast in the evening before I was able to grind access even to space battles. So just a very quick write-up with limited scope for now.

What I don't like:

* New drama queen destruction sequence is back. I was so glad it didn't make it onto the live server - now it seems to be putting in another appearance. Copypasting my statement from last time:

Hating the new destruction sequence more and more, the more often I see it. HATE HATE HATE it.

It is even more annoying than the dog tags.

Seriously. Just what is the upside of rubbing their failure into players' faces? As with the dog tags, I fail to see one. Not even increased satisfaction on the part of the players that blow me up, since they don't see any of this.

What I don't understand:

* It says in the Arsenal I already have the Bert Dunkirk, C-H Honoré and Reinhard v. Jütland commanders, yet they are on none of my ships and neither in the Reserve. I bought them in the last PTS and maybe the purchase just wasn’t wiped thoroughly enough. Or – I seem to remember putting them on ships I ground last time and haven’t reground yet…

In any event, yet again WG fails to introduce a real Barracks like in WoT, allowing players to really manage their personnel. Which would be a good idea and has been suggested for a long, long time.

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
3,916 battles

I don't know what it was. But I had the feeling the game ran a little bit slower/worse than the current version 0.8.1..

With 0.8.1 I didn't had problems with the port but now it ran not so good.

[C8H18]
[C8H18]
Players
56 posts
5,583 battles

I've only played three or four battles so this MAY be a false impression - but has bot behaviour in coop been changed? I can't find any mention of this in the test notes but they now seem to behave very differently - DDs actually stay in their smoke rather than just rushing through it and the entire enemy fleet seem much more timid than before (I've even seen them flee the field of battle).

I actually like the DDs using their smoke (it makes the bot play style a little more similar to PvP) but the timidity is a bit too much - it takes too long to chase them down :-)

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,196 posts
3,395 battles
16 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I didn't get in a whole lot of play time since the wait times grew much to fast in the evening before I was able to grind access even to space battles. So just a very quick write-up with limited scope for now.

What I don't like:

* New drama queen destruction sequence is back. I was so glad it didn't make it onto the live server - now it seems to be putting in another appearance. Copypasting my statement from last time:

Hating the new destruction sequence more and more, the more often I see it. HATE HATE HATE it.

It is even more annoying than the dog tags.

Seriously. Just what is the upside of rubbing their failure into players' faces? As with the dog tags, I fail to see one. Not even increased satisfaction on the part of the players that blow me up, since they don't see any of this.

What I don't understand:

* It says in the Arsenal I already have the Bert Dunkirk, C-H Honoré and Reinhard v. Jütland commanders, yet they are on none of my ships and neither in the Reserve. I bought them in the last PTS and maybe the purchase just wasn’t wiped thoroughly enough. Or – I seem to remember putting them on ships I ground last time and haven’t reground yet…

In any event, yet again WG fails to introduce a real Barracks like in WoT, allowing players to really manage their personnel. Which would be a good idea and has been suggested for a long, long time.

I really don't know what destruction sequence change you are talking about, so much so that I just tested it and still cannot see any change. Please shoot through a recording or screenshots.

As for the commanders, this is probably due to your PTS account, as you suspected.

[WAZ]
Players
35 posts
1,651 battles

Round #1 feedback (for items not covered by other feedback sections):

About the test itself:

• Reward missions are not accessible until after the 4th game: This obviously is due to service account mechanics & accessibility to combat missions in general, but this should be clarified at the news article.
    • Some of us aren't fans of CVs, and would like to minimize how much we play them, and have assumed WG will account for any CV attempts we do whether or not the mission system is visible yet, but that doesn't seem to be the case... If you want/need us to play more than three CV games, you can just require that heads-on.

General thoughts & ideas:

• When flying a plane, it seems you only get sound effects when the health of one of your planes change in color, but no sound effects come when you hit a smoke cloud. Having a sound for hitting smoke clouds would push the learning experience of players a lot I believe.
  • I was flying around a lone ship one time, outside of his AA range but within his vision, and I wondered how would it play out if he suddenly increased his AA range, forcing me to either start engaging, or bug out.

- KitCat.

[HDF-F]
Players
2 posts
5,372 battles

I must state that the overall appearance of the Testserver is really a joke when comparing this "new version 08.2" to older versions.. With that I mean before WG decided to single handedly enforce the general changes as of 0.8......

If you ask me, please return to the versions prior to 0.8....

[WAZ]
Players
35 posts
1,651 battles

Since I didn't say before, I'd like to commend the crew on the fast addition of claims note in announcements, the new space modes, their music (which can still be even better), and the AA performance in Co-op.

With that being said, here's round #1 feedback #2. Be advised that these are possibly not related to the PT-made changes:

• If your ship is literally at a dead stop, and an AI collides with you, it's strange for the warning message to be warning you instead of the AI.
  • I understand any game will act strange when experiencing packet loss, but to see planes of the same squadron operating under seemingly different levels of packet loss is very strange. Please don't tell me you're network-handling each plane independently...
  • On one occasion, I was approaching an enemy ship with an attack-type air squadron (I think I was in attack mode), I was boosting forward, and suddenly I boosted backward only to see my squadron take a super-large, super-fast turn. I think it was a 360 over less than two seconds.
    • So much happened over so little time, and it took me by surprise, so I'll admit my statement might not be 100% accurate. Even if it was, it's not like such a case can be properly described in words anyways. Wish I had replays, but I don't, but hopefully this helps you to be alert to previous/upcoming feedback of similar issues, and eventually leading you to capturing a diagnosable case.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

- KitCat.

Players
2,109 posts
19,360 battles
Am 8.3.2019 um 14:13, MrConway sagte:

I really don't know what destruction sequence change you are talking about, so much so that I just tested it and still cannot see any change. Please shoot through a recording or screenshots.

Sorry, I can't do recordings, and screenshots would hardly convey it.

They have added a fast zoom-in on the explosion while the image turns black-and-white.

[VLOOT]
Players
98 posts
13,657 battles

Well after a long struggle to get WOWS server to recognize my account I finally got on and was confronted with very bad server connections, which resulted in various freezes and disconnections.

So all in all this time the test experience was more about server trouble, than looking into specs of the game.

However, CV's of a lower tier in a higher tier match are not having a fair chance whatsoever. One does not even get close to the targets.

The space game maybe nice for those who also play like goons on the live server, but is not my thing. I am here to play warships and not some space invader like gimmic

Then claiming the rewards does not work, because now the WOWS server has decided not to recognize my main account and does not allow login.

So all in all this was one of the worst tests I did sofar.

Players
74 posts

When i play CV the camera follows the attacking planes as normal but after the drop doesnt cut straight to the remaining squad

but keeps focused on the ship im attacking , its almost a chase view of the ship its only for about 3-5 seconds but makes it very difficult to miss flack when you are 1/2 km away from the action.

[TTP]
Beta Tester
119 posts
9,754 battles

Main account reward missions have not been refreshed for round two.

Players
6 posts
8,848 battles

Hi, 

Regarding the changed port setup, you have to get used to it, but i dont think that this will create big irritations. 

What i can not check if the port does not behave better regrding the performance, for this i had not enough ships in it ( i assume port performance is related to the number of ships in ports)- 

[K-W-O]
Beta Tester
27 posts
4,914 battles

There are a few things that do not work properly with the ship filter. I also add a few photo`s from the live server.

here i want to filter a few prim ships that have a comander. photo 1
1.thumb.jpg.3c1ef77b08693f3b5ac42045e5c9010f.jpg

the first time I click on prim and then I only get the prim ships. photo 2
393053423_3(2).thumb.jpg.1f52f68f4f54a714356a3389edb1fa1e.jpg

then I select ships with a commander and prim ships then you also get all elite ships, but that is not part of it. photo 3

994746577_3(1).thumb.jpg.61e9aa289a1a3f502738caeb10ab03d2.jpg

can you adjust this so that it works as it should work with the new interface.

I hope you have enough information here to handle this.
kind regards.

Joeri / Majordragola / CBT

[WAZ]
Players
35 posts
1,651 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 7:57 PM, Majordragola said:

There are a few things that do not work properly with the ship filter. I also add a few photo`s from the live server.

-- trimmed body of post --

can you adjust this so that it works as it should work with the new interface.

I hope you have enough information here to handle this.
kind regards.

Joeri / Majordragola / CBT

This is actually very old behavior, and looking into it carefully you'll realize it's working correctly per its circumstantial design: For each of the four filter groups "Tier", "Type", "Nation", and "Other", the search will apply "this and that" across groups, while it will apply "this or that" within groups.

In this case, both the "has a commander" and "is a premium" filters are part of the same group "Other", and as such the design will recognize the filter setup as "either has a commander or is a premium", unlike what you desired in your situation, which is "has a commander and is a premium at the same time".

I did sometimes want to filter in similar ways that weren't supported by the current system, but sadly this is a situation where to gain something we probably have to lose something, whether be it interchanging the logic, or sacrificing simplicity. For me, meh, I just adapted to the system as soon as I understood how it wants to work. It's kind of a common conundrum for most search & filtering systems.

[WAZ]
Players
35 posts
1,651 battles

To WG, credits for the attention to our collective round #1 feedback. May this promptness continue forward.

Round #2 feedback (for topics not covered by other sections):

• The "Ship Parameters" panel is not visible in port, except when viewing it via the commander skills alt. panels.
  • All items under "Fly! Strike! Win!" event are named "public test". This is unusual, and hence I'm noting. Not sure if we should expect or un-expect this moving forward, so a clue from you would be appreciated.

Hope it helps.

- KitCat.

[ART]
Players
6 posts
6,073 battles

Hello all.

I joined World of Warships at the beggining of 2019.
And my only regreat is i found this game so late, i enjoy it so much.

Mostly im playing as CV player.
I find confusing why enemy ships are able to shoot my planes before im able to spot them, and no im not talking about DDs only.

I would like to say something about T10 Japan Hakuryu CV.
Hakuryu bombers are terrible: droping bombs take ages and almost entire squadron is shoot down after one drop so you can forget about second drop with the same squadron.
Bombs very often do not hit the targed even when almost entire enemy ship is under this ovoid bombsight.
Ofc. other times they do hit pretty good with citadels but you must fly perfectly over it from behind, any other attemp to drop bombs force enemy ships to turn and they take no damage at all.

Stealth torpedo bombers are useless now completely , 4,5 sec for one drop is a joke, and at second drop they already in range of enemy ships AA fire so they already made evade and no dmg at all again, even when enemy see torpedo in water can evade them with Destroyer since they so slow.
So the only CV with changing options for torpedo bombers cant use 2nd option simply because its unplayable now, so pls do something about it, i would really appreciate to have a option.

Spotting enemy DDs now its hard, making dmg to them require a lot of work and time (flying there and back) for making 2-4 k dmg , and when i spend time doing so i end up battle at the bottom of team score board, and when i do not waste my time "hunting DDs"  my entire team write on chat words about me or my mother i would not like to repeat here.
At the beggining of battle enemy DDs  go immediately for CV, and i can do nothing about it (exept i spot them accidentally)  since i can spot them when they already start shooting at me and their torpedos are on the way to sink me.
I know its all work in progress up to patch xxx.4 but pls take my opionion into consideration.

I would like to get reply from @MrConway and to know your opinion about the subject if possible.

Have a lovely day all.

[BITAM]
Players
30 posts
7,013 battles

I loved the new idea of objectives in new maps also! its kind of refreshing experience (Space Battles). Reminds me a little of moba like naval battles.

Sweet! i also enjoyed the laser cannons and all aswell with the skins! It would be nice if it was implemented in the Random Battles somehow 

Maybe it would be a nice thing to stay in the game for longer and improve with new additions in all aspects of it.

Players
3,330 posts
15,817 battles

PTS Server down?  "Error connecting to server"

You can't test what you can't play.

Article on website says:

Space Assault  

March 21, 16:30 (UTC) – March 25, 16:00 (UTC)

Players
36 posts
2,349 battles

The pubic test is just a stupid joke, by now you should be able to run a proper test server it's not as if you are new at game development so start acting like you know what you are doing instead of messing about..

And try and run a proper test server instead of the stupid crap you are running now, and why not make the mm service make cense that way you may get more people willing to help test new updates.

Instead of chasing them away from helping..