Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Public Test of Update 0.8.2: Round 3

19 comments in this topic

[LMAO]
Beta Tester
11 posts
1,949 battles

Is it possible to see a list of patch notes? Would someone be kind enough to provide a link of sorts please

EDIT: Just noticed the time stamp on OP

Capture.JPG.f93f0b43f37f1d73d81f3b78e1a3766b.JPG

[-KWX-]
Players
287 posts
11,688 battles

I truely hope we'll be able to put our hands on some Russian BBs on this PTS update :)

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
11,103 battles

Well nothing much of interest to me and since the incentive is as usual I won't be bothering this time and stick to playing on the normal game which will net me more rewards (missions etc.).

Until you give decent incentives for the test server they are never going to actually be real testing as there isn't a reason for people to use it much apart from to look at some new stuff which most CC's do content on anyway.

Also they aren't up for much time in the scheme of things either in the rush you always have for your updates.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,826 battles
3 hours ago, Salty_Slug said:

Is it possible to see a list of patch notes? Would someone be kind enough to provide a link of sorts please.

The patch notes are on the Developer Bulletin page.

[EJDER]
Players
439 posts
22,769 battles

Where can I download PT server? I couldn't find link. Thanks :)

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,826 battles

If you are using the Gamecentre then the instructions on the page linked in the original post should work, and you should also be able to do it by clicking on "Game Settings" and then "Install Additional Instance" and then selecting PTS.

Alternatively there is https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/pt-guide/ which gives the same information as the latest page and also still has the instructions for if you are not using the Gamecentre.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,881 battles

Edited :)

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles

Download of the update just stops halfway through. Edit2: oh wait, I tell a lie. Turns out it wasn't half way through but only at most a fifth. Halfway through the first batch.

For a second there I thought my internet connection had conked out again but no, that was not it.

I had to pause and re-start the download for it to resume.

Edit: Also I find it thoroughly disappointing that it is still impossible to start the live server version of the game while the public test update is downloading. It's completely silly. Come on, guys. Edit 2: Especially since the download can evidently not be left unattended but needs manual restarting every now and then.

• Cool 1

[OLEUM]
Players
195 posts
18,679 battles

I do not appreciate that all my settings have changed.

back to the live server

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles

Installation finished fairly late yesterday so I only got in one Co-Op and one or two Random Battles before waiting times in the Random queue became too long for my taste - not enough to unlock Space Battles.

Tried to carry on with the grind today. Waiting times in the Random queue threatened to be long yet again, with only three or four other poeople besides me after something like two minutes. So I switched to Co-Op and got into a Tier VIII-IX team that very nearly lost to the bots, scraping by on points by running down the clock. That still seemed to fail to unlock the Space Battles, only unlocked Ranked for some reason, and then I couldn't go on because all I got was transaction errors when trying to collect contgainers, mounting camosor buying upgrades and modules.

After shutting down the PTS client and restarting it in the, er prescribed manner of the IT crowd however, now Space Battles ARE unlocked for some reason.

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles

OK now I'm officially pissed off.

As per YOUR SCHEDULE, yesterday and today we were going to be testing Binary Star and Rings of Saturn modes!

Yesterday, I got into TWO Rings of Saturn battles, both of which were losses, and after that, ONLY Binary Star battles. So I was unable to complete the requirement for the reward on the live server through very little fault of my own. So I thought, well, OK, tomorrow is another day BECAUSE YOUR OWN SCHEDULE SAID SO. And went to the live server to continue the other grinds.

Today, surprise surprise, it is Torpedo beats time. One day AHEAD of YOUR OWN SCHEDULE.

No Flags For You! HA!

[PORT]
Players
31 posts
19,576 battles

Never found the Binary Star and Rings of Saturn modes (9th/10th March) after playing the Space Assaults mode..  only Torpedo Beats available today.. 

[DEFR]
Players
1,237 posts

What is the problem with earning credits playing CV

I have the new UK T8 Implacable CV that right now is classed as a premium earner status, I also have the new perma camo Wings of the Crown on it that reduces cost per battle, also have a premium account running besides that. I make no credits with each battle in the CV. Not even if I do around 30 or 40k damage and win the game.

So what gives when I can jump on my T8 Vanguard BB, lose a match and only do about 25k damage and still make between 100 and 200k profit in credits? Yet in the CV I'm lucky even when winning the match if I make 50 credits, and this is with all these premium bonus things running at minute.

Here, an example: Just had a match in UK T8 Implacable CV (keep in mind it has premium status at minute and I'm running a premium account also, plus it has perma camo on it). I started the match with 9,649,1855 credits in bank. The match was lost but I did 44k damage and got around 120k credits for it. My new bank balance now is 9,645,379. I have lost credits after that match?

So please me why anyone would want to play a T8 CV when you can't even make money with the ship. Not even when it's currently classed as premium status, have premium account running, plus perma camo on it that reduces battle cost. Do 44k damage (which isn't  that bad at minute for a T8 CV) in a lost match, but still losing money playing at T8 with all these premium bonuses?

Players
5,976 posts
11,316 battles
23 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

OK now I'm officially pissed off.

As per YOUR SCHEDULE, yesterday and today we were going to be testing Binary Star and Rings of Saturn modes!

Yesterday, I got into TWO Rings of Saturn battles, both of which were losses, and after that, ONLY Binary Star battles. So I was unable to complete the requirement for the reward on the live server through very little fault of my own. So I thought, well, OK, tomorrow is another day BECAUSE YOUR OWN SCHEDULE SAID SO. And went to the live server to continue the other grinds.

Today, surprise surprise, it is Torpedo beats time. One day AHEAD of YOUR OWN SCHEDULE.

No Flags For You! HA!

For me, I hadn't noticed the modes were only accessable on certain days, so I was limited to the torpedo beat one. Kinda my fault as I didn't read the patch notes well enough, apparently and because I had no idea I needed to play 4 or so coop games to even unlock those. I kinda unlocked the mode blind and left the PTS till yesterday when I finally figured it out and only this mode was left playable.

After couple attempts I did geta  win and some flags :Smile_medal:

Players
186 posts
8,164 battles

WG why did you change the concelment from the Belfast??? When i did pay for it it didnt had a 9.9 k concelment!  Are you just making things atractive to buy and then flip the bird to the buyers????

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
249 posts
14,674 battles
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, MRGTB said:

What is the problem with earning credits playing CV

I have the new UK T8 Implacable CV that right now is classed as a premium earner status, I also have the new perma camo Wings of the Crown on it that reduces cost per battle, also have a premium account running besides that. I make no credits with each battle in the CV. Not even if I do around 30 or 40k damage and win the game.

So what gives when I can jump on my T8 Vanguard BB, lose a match and only do about 25k damage and still make between 100 and 200k profit in credits? Yet in the CV I'm lucky even when winning the match if I make 50 credits, and this is with all these premium bonus things running at minute.

Here, an example: Just had a match in UK T8 Implacable CV (keep in mind it has premium status at minute and I'm running a premium account also, plus it has perma camo on it). I started the match with 9,649,1855 credits in bank. The match was lost but I did 44k damage and got around 120k credits for it. My new bank balance now is 9,645,379. I have lost credits after that match?

So please me why anyone would want to play a T8 CV when you can't even make money with the ship. Not even when it's currently classed as premium status, have premium account running, plus perma camo on it that reduces battle cost. Do 44k damage (which isn't  that bad at minute for a T8 CV) in a lost match, but still losing money playing at T8 with all these premium bonuses?

Well someone else told me it's all to do with the amount of planes you use as they are classed as a cost, look under 'artillery costs' or something at the end of a game. Stop burning through planes and you may have more silver at the end. But I agree that it's ridiculous compared to what you can by get just playing a crap game in an equivalent tier ship.

[DEFR]
Players
1,237 posts
On 3/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, rising_uk said:

Well someone else told me it's all to do with the amount of planes you use as they are classed as a cost, look under 'artillery costs' or something at the end of a game.

If that is the case, then keep pressing the F key after an attack run is the best thing to do. Because once you pass over a ship after attacking it and try and maybe turn around for a second attack pass. Nine times out ten, and especially so in T10 matches with a T8 CV, what planes you have left all get wiped out while trying to turn them around for a second pass because you're in AA range all the time. Heck, when playing a T8 CV in T10 matches, you don't even need try and turn the planes around for a second attack to see it happen, they still all get wiped out after you fly over the ship trying to get out its AA range.

That not something I would normally do, even though I do know you can just attack a ship and then press F key as you pass over it to avoid losing as many planes all the time. I can see now why the F key spam was used so much before then if that's how making money from playing CV is worked out based partly on plane loses taken into account

[DEFR]
Players
1,237 posts
On 3/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, rising_uk said:

But I agree that it's ridiculous compared to what you can by get just playing a crap game in an equivalent tier ship.

Exactly, I have premium time running and have the special premium camo used on T8 Brit CV. But all I'm doing playing it is pretty much breaking even on credits made all the time. There is no money making incentive to play it, so have lost interest playing the CV now because of it, when I should be making money playing a T8 CV with premium time + perma camo, not to mention the CV is actually classed as a premium earner at minute and not a stock tech tree CV.

I'll be losing a fortune each match just to play a T8 CV when all that extra earning stuff is gone and the CV's are added as normal stock tech tree CV and also lose their premium status.

Sign in to follow this