You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Nit0

What ship have you served on?

31 comments in this topic

[N0RSE]
Players
165 posts
13,732 battles

I was a conscript for a year in Royal Norwegian Navy back in 2003. 

I was artillery gunner on KNM Bergen, a Oslo-class frigate. It was quite outdated (build in the 60's, and is no longer part of our navy) in 2003. 

Gunner on Rheinmetall 20mm guns and loader on US 76mm cannon (no autoloader on this beauty 😂).

1280px-HNoMS_Bergen.JPG

• Cool 12

Players
2,056 posts
4,794 battles

Hi,

I've never served on a warship, but I felt like jumping in here to say that everyone who is serving/has served in their country's armed forces have my respect and admiration.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 11

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
932 posts

Never served on a ship. But I had worktraining through school at a Hauk class MTB.

Hauk_class_MTB_LOM.JPG

• Cool 5

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,050 posts
8,195 battles

Sadly no navy or ship background here, not that much of a water person so an armys life is what suited me. 

Still a great topic and best of luck to other who has served or will do in the future:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Players
853 posts
907 battles

No naval vessel but plenty of Towboats And Ferries - I even made 2nd Officer (for a time) - now retired.

• Cool 4

Players
3 posts
390 battles

Refugee from the North American server here.

I sailed in USS Chicago (CG-11), USS Bagley (FF-1070), and USS Grasp (ARS-24).

• Cool 6

[BOBS3]
Players
1,004 posts
17,786 battles

I was RNR for a while, trained as a "Swimmer of the Watch" but didn't serve aboard, sorry.

• Cool 1

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
457 posts

German Navy veteran here. I served on several submarines of the classes 206A and 212A:

Spoiler

206A
Marineforum_120319_wo18mar-7.jpg.b0066d2ce650cc767d6b5145bcfc08ee.jpg

212A
U-Boot-32.thumb.jpg.b7fa825bdcda4161336e60566bc7d281.jpg

• Cool 6

[GPSC]
Players
2,145 posts
10,158 battles

Only Navy? I’m from Fishing Ship .... ROS 803 „Werner Niedermeier“ ... the Picture it’s from a Board, sorry.

346D46CE-D709-4DD2-B0CB-D9B921169406.jpeg

• Cool 5

Players
23 posts
2,627 battles

22 Years in the Royal Navy, 5 ships;  HMS Norfolk; a County class destroyer the first RN ship to be equipped with three missile systems, Seaslug;  Seacat and Exocet, I was on it when we conducted the Exocet trials.  HMS Beachampton; a converted Ton class mine sweeper, it was part of the Hong Kong Dragon Squadron, a squadron of five Ton class boats all converted for patrol duties.  HMS Zulu; a Tribal class frigate taken out of reserve in 1982, to help fill the shortage due to the Falklands conflict, part of its duties when I was on it was West Indies Guard Ship.  HMS Challenger;  Challenger was unique, it was classified as a Seabed Operations Vessel and was a diving ship, able to have 12 divers in Saturation for deep sea dives (300 Mtrs) with a Diving bell and moon pool, an 'A' frame at the stern facilitated the use of manned or unmanned submersibles, and the largest flight deck except for carriers and assault ships.  It was Electrically driven via five 2.2 Mega Watt generators powering three bow thrusters and two Voith Schneiders propellers.  The ship could 'Dynamic Position' (DP); this means it could stay in place +/- 1 Mtre irrespective of the weather conditions.  HMS Nottingham;  a type 42 Destroyer, Type 42's were Area Defence Destroyers equipped with the battle proven Sea Dart Missile system plus other weapon systems.  Part of it duties when I was on it was Red Sea boarding operations, part of the UN's embargo against Iraq, and operations in the Gulf again as part of the UN's embargo against Iraq.  Later as part of UN and NATO forces operating around Yugoslavia.  Also various shore establishments (also known as ships) including HMS Tamar (Hong Kong),  HMS Rooke (Gibraltar), plus others.  My profile photo is HMS Norfolk firing one of our first Exocet's. 

Photos from top to bottom : -

Seaslug;  Seadart;  Type 42 in Atlantic swell;  HMS Norfolk Exocet firing;  Exocet V target ship;  HMS Zulu.

Seaslug.jpg

Seadart from gloucester.jpg

ruffers.jpg

D21 firing exocet.jpg

Exocet practice hit.jpg

HMS Zulu.jpg

• Cool 9

Beta Tester
92 posts
9,588 battles

10 year'S RN . HMS GLOUCESTER, HMS EXETER AND HMS GLASGOW. ALL TYPE 42 DESTROYERS

• Cool 4

Players
386 posts
3,834 battles

Ex-merchant navy engineer officer here, so I never served on a warship. However, my first two ships were designed as DEMS ( Defensively Equipped Merchant Ship ) in the 1950s. They were fitted with degaussing cables to protect against magnetic mines, and the aft deck was reinforced to take a large gun.

w0rC0fw.jpg

a2zM6um.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
2,627 battles
On 6/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, the_british_admiral said:

10 year'S RN . HMS GLOUCESTER, HMS EXETER AND HMS GLASGOW. ALL TYPE 42 DESTROYERS

Bet that picture I posted of the 42 in ruffers brought back memories,  don't know what ship; the pennant No's obscured by the goffer.

Players
1,223 posts
6,690 battles

Grewing up in the middle of the Netherlands, right between several army bases and a now closed airbase, it may not come as a surprise that the navy was not the branch I had much interest in.*

So I became a soldier in an air defence battery in the army. At one point I was a radar operator, and during an open day I was aboard HNLMS Tromp I think (one of those LC-Frigates which are basically DDG's) where I talked with a crew member about becoming a radar operator in the navy. That was the closest I ever got in sailing the seven seas. As a kid I had an interest in the Orions as well, but yeah, budget cuts. :Smile_sad:

*Years before I decided to lose my mental health by starting on this wonderful game, I made a city trip to London. We made a boat trip and I saw this mint warship. Looked pretty cool I thought, but since I wasn't interested in naval warfare at that point I didn't spend any more attention to it. On the last day I visited the Tower Bridge, where I read about HMS Belfast and the role she played in the Battle of the North Cape and Operation Overlord. It was too late to visit the ship, so I have to return to London at some point.

In fact, during D-Day, next to the Belfast was the gunboat HNLMS Flores which also provided fire support. The commander at the time shares the family name of my grandmother, so he might be a distant relative.

• Cool 3

[TFSB]
83 posts
1,798 battles

I served in the Royal Danish Naval Homeguard, as a Medic. 2017-2018. From the 1st of January 2019, I'm retraining for Army HG, in the Infantry :Smile_Default: 

Danish_navy_home_guard_vessel_MHV_906.jpg

• Cool 3

Players
7 posts
5,962 battles

I was on KNM Oslo (sister of KNM Bergen), and on KNM Bergen in 1985. They were pieces of junk already then. Pretty stealthy, but junk. :cap_viking:

• Cool 2

[N0RSE]
Players
4 posts
22,356 battles

Norwegian navy. My naval career started on the Coast guard vessel Kv Andenes, also known for ramming a sea Shepherd ship in 1993.. Transfered to the norwegian max manus class Rib, before I later saw the ligth and joined the army and drove a tank instead 

images(5).jpg

images(4).jpg

images(6).jpg

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester
83 posts
10,152 battles

Served in the Norwegian coastguard, KV Farm and KV Heimdal, on the Heimdal i served as Navigational Officer, a quite fun time, after that i spent therest of my life on merchant vessels and retired as a captain 2 years ago,

Last in touch with the Royal Norwegian Navy was as Chief Officer onboard M/V Taiko bringing chemical weapons out of Syria.

• Cool 3

[3-RTR]
Beta Tester
160 posts

HrMs Tjerk Hiddes and HrMs Evertsen (Leander class FFG's), of wich the last one was a TACTAS-ship. HrMs De Ruyter and HrMs Tromp (GW-class FFG's), HrMs Piet Heyn and HrMs Pieter Florisz (S-class FFG's) and HrMs Karel Doorman (M-class FFG).

image.png.8db780f93bdcad915d17b3549e9cd4ec.png

(HrMs Tjerk Hiddes)

image.png.1a732e949ac2703893fb0eb6a8d9156e.png

HrMs De Ruyter

image.png.5a4e6cecccf8c34a2feb775c9f0592e2.png

HrMs Piet Heyn

image.thumb.png.954c71630affa1d1f1eab02665481e4d.png

HrMs Karel Doorman

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester
682 posts
6,439 battles

Did nearly 23 years in the RN but only spent a total of 3 months at sea on a ship.

Spoiler

Mind you, the rest of it was on Trafalgar class submarines!

19-1.JPG.3691e78cc5986008983a0d1a9e354b48.JPG14-1.JPG.f43d2a8a3c0add7c923a5a6d905c1bf9.JPG

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1