Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snowmanplays

Recommendation how to use the 200% coupon

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
247 battles

Hello, I got a 200% bonus coupon today (so if I buy e.g. something worth 300 gold, I get additionally 600 with the coupon) and I would want some advice how to use it. I thought about buying premium time, but since I don't play the game regularly it would most likely be waste of money. Should I buy a premium ship? I haven't played the game a lot and I only have around 200 battles and my highest tier ship is Furutaka, but I've played a lot of World of Tanks so I'm not exactly bad at the game. Maybe buying a premium ship tier 4-7 would be best, and later buy a tier 8 when I've got more experience. What ships would you recommend me buying?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,310 posts
24,210 battles

Damn, why I never get that kind of coupons... Anyway id say depends what kind of ships you play the most, sharnhorst is a good pick in general for 4-7 bracket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
247 battles

I was thinking about Scharnhorst, but I'm not sure since I'm not really familiar with battleships, especially the german ones. I might want to buy a cruiser instead, because my playtime with batlleships have been limited.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles

I would buy gold (you can only buy bundles not ‘any amount of dubloons’, they are changing the arsenal so you can buy’50’ ships for gold.  I regret not buying the ultimate treat bundle

 

also this thread may be worth a read https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/107766-does-anyone-have-any-advice-for-which-premium-to-buy/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,828 battles

The Scharnhorst is in-game as a BB but it's more of a battle cruiser.    If you wanted to get into BBs but like CAs more then the Scharnhorst may be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts

And I thought I was lucky with my 30% of coupon. :Smile_sad: Which I spend on the Alabama (15%+30%  = 45% off)

 

But I would go doubloons. You can go every direction with doubloons. But I would go higher than 300 doubloons :Smile_glasses:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,148 battles

I'd say to keep the coupon for when you'll have enough experience to properly use a premium ship in the T6 / 8 bracket.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,310 posts
24,210 battles

Sharn is in essence a battlecruiser with a battleship armor hence extra layer of resiliance, has turtleback and armor slabs on the front also decent reload and dispersion when used long range, decent secondaries and even some torps to get an edge when things get up cloae and personal, aa is decent and it goes 30+ knots...

 

If you really want t4-7 cruiser IDK depends what kind of cruiser you like but in general either Perth (if you like stealth and smoke approach up close to dds) or Boise (if you dont like smoke but rather want heal) for light cruisers, de grasse can be fun as well but after the introduction of MBRB to la gal is rather lackluster, as for heavy cruisers, well not much to choose from till t8 for now only exeter really since neither graaf spee or molotov are classic cas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles
9 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

I'd say to keep the coupon for when you'll have enough experience to properly use a premium ship in the T6 / 8 bracket.

 

 

You can’t it expires.  The best way of using it is gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,263 battles

Dont spend money on goods that might change appearance and performance eventually because the developer is not willing to do the legwork in the 1st place.

 

If the GC "issue" has taught us anything is: dont give money to WG.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
57 minutes ago, snowmanplays said:

Hello, I got a 200% bonus coupon today (so if I buy e.g. something worth 300 gold, I get additionally 600 with the coupon) and I would want some advice how to use it. I thought about buying premium time, but since I don't play the game regularly it would most likely be waste of money. Should I buy a premium ship? I haven't played the game a lot and I only have around 200 battles and my highest tier ship is Furutaka, but I've played a lot of World of Tanks so I'm not exactly bad at the game. Maybe buying a premium ship tier 4-7 would be best, and later buy a tier 8 when I've got more experience. What ships would you recommend me buying?

 

I'd suggest you stay off of premium ships, especially ones at higher tiers than you have reached naturally, until you have a lot more experience under your belt and actually have more of a clue of what you like. And you say you don't play regularly, so premium time would be a waste - then why not simply buy a stash of dubloons, as large as you're willing to spend currently? That gives you multiple ways to get value out of it, as opposed to "risking" your purchase on a ship you might not end up wanting:

  • Can buy you premium time in small (1 or 3 day) chunks whenever you do happen to be playing the game
  • Can allow you all the little convenience shenanigans that you can throw dubloons at - retraining captains, demounting modules (if you're really short on credits), maybe even converting a little bit of freeXP to unlock stock modules on a new ship
  • Or of course you can later decide to buy premium ships with it - particularly when, as @black_falcon120 mentioned above, the Arsenal gets stocked with around 50 of them in the not too distant future.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,148 battles
12 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

You can’t it expires.  The best way of using it is gold

 

Did not know that thanks.

 

Dobloons then i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,477 posts
11,117 battles

 

2 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

 

Did not know that thanks.

 

Dobloons then i guess.

Ultimate treat is the best value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
247 battles

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I probably but the Ultimate Treat deal, since it seems pretty good value for money. It would probably be a good start and I could buy premium time and premium ships later when they are on sale or I need something. But could somebody clarify me what the "upcoming 50 new ships to Arsenal", which many of you have talked about, actually mean? Are they gonna add new ships to Arsenal that can be bought with doubloons, or? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AMOK]
Players
1,955 posts
8,549 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Damn, why I never get that kind of coupons... Anyway id say depends what kind of ships you play the most, sharnhorst is a good pick in general for 4-7 bracket

Cause long-term customers seem to not matter that much. Maybe WG discovered that regular customers spend their money anyway but newbies need a push. :cap_hmm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles
8 minutes ago, snowmanplays said:

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I probably but the Ultimate Treat deal, since it seems pretty good value for money. It would probably be a good start and I could buy premium time and premium ships later when they are on sale or I need something. But could somebody clarify me what the "upcoming 50 new ships to Arsenal", which many of you have talked about, actually mean? Are they gonna add new ships to Arsenal that can be bought with doubloons, or? 

Good idea.  Save your dubloons until 12 months of prem time is 50% off.

 

for prem ships 30% off t8, and 50% off everything else is the time to buy.

 

the 50 ships will all be purchasable with gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles
Just now, Donar79 said:

Cause long-term customers seem to not matter that much. Maybe WG discovered that regular customers spend their money anyway but newbies need a push. :cap_hmm:

If you have spent money you are ineligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
106 posts
11,770 battles
36 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I'd suggest you stay off of premium ships, especially ones at higher tiers than you have reached naturally, until you have a lot more experience under your belt and actually have more of a clue of what you like. And you say you don't play regularly, so premium time would be a waste - then why not simply buy a stash of dubloons, as large as you're willing to spend currently? That gives you multiple ways to get value out of it, as opposed to "risking" your purchase on a ship you might not end up wanting:

  • Can buy you premium time in small (1 or 3 day) chunks whenever you do happen to be playing the game
  • Can allow you all the little convenience shenanigans that you can throw dubloons at - retraining captains, demounting modules (if you're really short on credits), maybe even converting a little bit of freeXP to unlock stock modules on a new ship
  • Or of course you can later decide to buy premium ships with it - particularly when, as @black_falcon120 mentioned above, the Arsenal gets stocked with around 50 of them in the not too distant future.

 

Complete agree with this good sugestion,  It,s normal you wanna buy directly something for it but afther 200+ games it,s hard to say if you wanna keep playing CA,s or switch to other types like DD,s , BB,s or CV,s and than buying directly a primium ship you maybe gonna regret it in a couple of months you have spend it in a early stage. I would keep the dubloons till you have reach at own strengt tier 8 or 9 and afther you reach that buy a premium tier 10 ship. When you not willing to invest real money in the game Tier 9 and 10 is almost impossible to play without money  investments but if you buy a premium tier 10 in a later stage you don,t have to be a superplayer to keep enjoy top tier games without lossing credits every battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,339 posts
16,113 battles
1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

the 50 ships will all be purchasable with gold.

Just a friendly question: Have Wargaming stated this explicitly in any announcement?

It would be just like them to give us a body swerve on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,976 posts
11,345 battles
3 hours ago, snowmanplays said:

Hello, I got a 200% bonus coupon today (so if I buy e.g. something worth 300 gold, I get additionally 600 with the coupon) and I would want some advice how to use it. I thought about buying premium time, but since I don't play the game regularly it would most likely be waste of money. Should I buy a premium ship? I haven't played the game a lot and I only have around 200 battles and my highest tier ship is Furutaka, but I've played a lot of World of Tanks so I'm not exactly bad at the game. Maybe buying a premium ship tier 4-7 would be best, and later buy a tier 8 when I've got more experience. What ships would you recommend me buying?

 

But seriously. Just get the Scharnhorst and play it only in coop and in oprations for now (do NOT try it out in randoms because you will probably get slaughtered and have no fun! (and people will hate you for it)). Especially in operations it can generate a lot of extra credits for you and because you do the same thing over and over again, you will start to get to know what your ship can do and your inexperience will not bother anyone. And due to the coupon you will get a nice stash of coubloons which you can later spend on other things in the game.

 

But my advice would be to get the Scharnhorst and (and this is important) to not play Scharnhorst in randoms until you have a tech tree ship of tier 7 or higher (and thus more experience behind your belt). And play it only in coop and in operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,339 posts
16,113 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

Thank You for the quick response! :Smile_honoring:

All the ships that I would like to get from the Arsenal require some payment OTHER than gold (Which I don't have :Smile_sad:).

Hopefully there will be something amongst those 50 that attract my attention that I have not already got in port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×