Sign in to follow this  
leDev_LV

FPS from 120 to 40, GPU usage @ 30%

12 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
13,457 battles

Hello...

Is it just me, or anyone else experience this wierd new bug where your FPS drops insanely?

I have i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB Corsair 3000Mhz RAM, 850 Evo SSD and GTX 1070 Strix

paired with DELL S2716DG G-Sync monitor...

Previously, I could game at max settings(1440p, MSAA off, FXAA:High) @ 120fps (after editing .ini file ofcourse) with GPU usage at about 50-70% (using MSI Afterburner to check)
Now I'm getting 40-60fps with GPU usage 25-35%... When in port, GPU usage is at about 50-60%... When I turn on MSAA at x8 the GPU usage rises abit, but fps doesnt go past 60-65, messes around in 45-55fps range...

Ive never experienced something quite like this... I tested other games, my GPU/PC runs fine eveywhere else, only warships has this wierd thing going on now... I reinstalled the client, same thing... reinstalled drivers, nothing changed...

• Cool 1

Players
1,678 posts
13,829 battles

My GPU, an ASUS ROG Strix 1080 Ti is at almost 98% load when playing Warships. Is that normal for single GPU? I recently switched to a single 1080Ti, replacing my previous dual 1080 SLI setup.

Fps drops are from 144fps down to 80-90.

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
13,457 battles
7 hours ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

My GPU, an ASUS ROG Strix 1080 Ti is at almost 98% load when playing Warships. Is that normal for single GPU? I recently switched to a single 1080Ti, replacing my previous dual 1080 SLI setup.

Fps drops are from 144fps down to 80-90.

If you are playing 4k with x8 MSAA, maybe... but you have 1440p with 144hz panel I assume...
Like I said, my GPU usage is normally 50-70% @ 1440p/120fps with 1070Strix... 1080Ti is nearly 2x1070s, so its pretty fucked up...

[BANCV]
Players
24 posts
15,536 battles

Same issues, ever since 0.8.1 I've had severe FPS drops. Specs are Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.4GHz, 16Gb DDR4 2400MHz RAM, GTX 1070 with a Samsung CFG73 1080p 144Hz monitor. In game settings are maxed. When the game starts the FPS is around 120 and stable but as it keeps progressing the average drops. When it gets to about 8 minutes into the game the drops become more severe and by the 10th minute I'm getting 20 FPS on average. Installed the latest drivers for everything, checked the integrity of the game twice with the built in option, reinstalled the game even. When a game ends and I enter another one it just resets. It almost looks like a memory leak...

Players
5 posts
13,457 battles
On 3/9/2019 at 8:23 PM, p0int said:

Same issues, ever since 0.8.1 I've had severe FPS drops. Specs are Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.4GHz, 16Gb DDR4 2400MHz RAM, GTX 1070 with a Samsung CFG73 1080p 144Hz monitor. In game settings are maxed. When the game starts the FPS is around 120 and stable but as it keeps progressing the average drops. When it gets to about 8 minutes into the game the drops become more severe and by the 10th minute I'm getting 20 FPS on average. Installed the latest drivers for everything, checked the integrity of the game twice with the built in option, reinstalled the game even. When a game ends and I enter another one it just resets. It almost looks like a memory leak...

As wierd as it sounds, I had the same experience, but I fixed it by installing the WG Gamecenter... Now my FPS is stable... Seriously, it doesnt make any sense, but it worked for me...

[SH33P]
Players
219 posts
14,661 battles

This is due to a windows 10 issue, MS s going to fix this very quickly this same week the fix is coming...

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/239511/20190312/latest-windows-10-update-causes-lag-in-games-microsoft-advises-update-uninstall-as-quick-fix.htm

On 3/6/2019 at 12:22 AM, leDev_LV said:

Hello...

Is it just me, or anyone else experience this wierd new bug where your FPS drops insanely?

I have i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB Corsair 3000Mhz RAM, 850 Evo SSD and GTX 1070 Strix

paired with DELL S2716DG G-Sync monitor...

Previously, I could game at max settings(1440p, MSAA off, FXAA:High) @ 120fps (after editing .ini file ofcourse) with GPU usage at about 50-70% (using MSI Afterburner to check)
Now I'm getting 40-60fps with GPU usage 25-35%... When in port, GPU usage is at about 50-60%... When I turn on MSAA at x8 the GPU usage rises abit, but fps doesnt go past 60-65, messes around in 45-55fps range...

Ive never experienced something quite like this... I tested other games, my GPU/PC runs fine eveywhere else, only warships has this wierd thing going on now... I reinstalled the client, same thing... reinstalled drivers, nothing changed...

[PWN3D]
Players
22 posts
14,978 battles

Hello mates, I found out that the MSIAfterburner/RivaTuner stats overlay is the cause of high "GPU/fans ramp up" usage in port. Try to uninstall it and check the game without it, you should be able to use nvidia "optimized settings" from Geforce Experience and your nvidia card still  be whisper quiet. For some reason the stats overlay is causing the gpu to go in overdrive. At least in port.

Cheers

• Bad 1

Players
8 posts
877 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, iZippo said:

Hello mates, I found out that the MSIAfterburner/RivaTuner stats overlay is the cause of high "GPU/fans ramp up" usage in port. Try to uninstall it and check the game without it, you should be able to use nvidia "optimized settings" from Geforce Experience and your nvidia card still  be whisper quiet. For some reason the stats overlay is causing the gpu to go in overdrive. At least in port.

Cheers

Pretty sure I don't have any of that, so my command delay 1-2 seconds in port must be something else (many people i played with on EU server also say they have this problem).

I notice in my memory use that if it stays under 3gb then it is less laggy, but when it begins creeping up past 3.4gb it starts to become almost unplayable, and at 4gb+ i have to restart the client to be able to play (this is in win 7).

I've just read this thread:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/32673-tutorial-setting-higher-performance-for-nvidia-graphics-cards-in-world-of-warships/

and so I'm going to try the power trick, but i have only small hopes it will fix everything... seems likely I will have to do some other fiddling like people mention in this thread:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/180190-fix-fps-stuttering-loading-times/

I've not had problems in any other games btw. The only game I had this kind of issue with one time was Verdun back when it was just released (it has since fixed itself somehow).

Running an Athlon II 3.4gz, 8gb RAM, with ASUS GeForce GTX660 Ti (2gb i think?)

My HD is old/slow but it usually works ok, and when I fixed my windows virtual memory setting from using only auto-300mb to a fixed page file of 16gb... that did help some... but not enough, not all the time.

maybe 1/4 of my games I get some weird lag at times, and in port it is almost unbearable, almost all the time (using the basic Ocean port, or any port is about the same).

Players
8 posts
877 battles

I tried the power usage tip as seen here: 2nur39l.jpg

but it just made my computer overheat apparently and that KILLED my fps down to 15ish and my ping went totally wonky from usual 35 to 150 up to 5000 spiking all over the place... now it could be i dont have enough fans, and it is the hottest time of the year here (no air conditioning/cooling since it's only 1-2 weeks of hot time where i live), so maybe this trick would work if i could keep it cool enough, but i still have the command delay issue when i go to mouse over some buttons or whatever in the u.i. (mostly in port this happens), and it shouldnt have heated up my comp yet if i just started it and the game up and my RAM use hasnt even gone above 3gb yet... so that seems to be something different (the cmd delay)

Sign in to follow this