You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

World of Warships: Legends. Course for Early Access

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
115 posts
8,738 battles

at least implement the console captains systems on the PC version

• Funny 1

Players
144 posts
29,098 battles

Still, fans of the CVs rework are convinced that the rework was to improve the game? And increase the players? Awake!

All the horrible patches they did in this period were just to make us do laboratory guinea pigs, to prepare the arrangements for the console version.

They trasform the beautiful World of Warships into a silly arcade, adding so many modes suitable only for "children" (like RaceArm), and airplanes with a realism worthy of "Mario Kart"!

And after version 0.8.0, (statistics in hand) in a few weeks have lost in the meantime thousands of players !!!

Dear Wargaming,
thanks for the respect you have NOT had for your users!

• Cool 15

Players
144 posts
29,098 battles

The turnover of the console game market, unlike what is believed, is much lower than that on PCs.
Yet some companies, still, believe that it is the market where to make more money, mistreating players on PC, which are instead those more willing to pay if a game deserves!

Soon, wargaming will realize the big mistake it has made, both for lost profits, and as soon as they become aware of Microsoft's next strategic moves. :cap_look:

If wargaming wants more information from me, it must pay me!

They can not claim that in addition to free betatester, I also do as an expert in commercial strategies for free for them. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,507 battles
40 minutes ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Still, fans of the CVs rework are convinced that the rework was to improve the game? And increase the players? Awake!

All the horrible patches they did in this period were just to make us do laboratory guinea pigs, to prepare the arrangements for the console version.

They trasform the beautiful World of Warships into a silly arcade, adding so many modes suitable only for "children" (like RaceArm), and airplanes with a realism worthy of "Mario Kart"!

And after version 0.8.0, (statistics in hand) in a few weeks have lost in the meantime thousands of players !!!

Dear Wargaming,
thanks for the respect you have NOT had for your users!

Let me clarify this again, the CV rework is not connected to our upcoming Legends title at all. 

Legends is being developed by a different team in our studio and if we had wanted to develop a different CV gameplay for them we would have just gone and done that. We would not have implemented the CV rework on PC if we didn't think this was the right choice for this game.

Legends is already quite different from regular World of Warships and definitely aimed at a console audience and new players on a different platform. It makes no sense to make changes to the PC version based on design decisions for the console version.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 5

[NKK]
Beta Tester
1,592 posts
9,463 battles
47 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Let me clarify this again, the CV rework is not connected to our upcoming Legends title at all. 

Legends is being developed by a different team in our studio and if we had wanted to develop a different CV gameplay for them we would have just gone and done that. We would not have implemented the CV rework on PC if we didn't think this was the right choice for this game.

Legends is already quite different from regular World of Warships and definitely aimed at a console audience and new players on a different platform. It makes no sense to make changes to the PC version based on design decisions for the console version.

What you're saying is not believable. 

Any complexity has disappeared.

Instead of increasing, the complexity of the use of the carrier having to make decisions or even having to maneuver to recover and launch airplanes, is nonexistent. Not even altitude management or loadout.

Instead of enriching the game, the  "rework " has brought a boring and repetitive system that uses curiously, the most bland and basic control buttons that can be found on consoles. The need to use a mouse as such has been removed. If that's not converting a game mode into a console-like mode, nothing is.

Now the doubt, is how much time to present the first carrier in Legends. Not if you shall offer burnt it or not, but how long it will be before do it (which will no doubt happen before a year).

You say it doesn't make sense to create a PC system to implement it on consoles. That's clearly a lie. The reason is to reduce costs, in the same way that you have removed forums in various countries, in the same way, you sell clones of ships with mere visual changes (painting in black for example) or changes in characteristics (replaced of country with another s types of torpedo) or with minimal changes that raise them a level and increase their price even a nonsense. And that better, to save costs, to build two games, paying the same development and a touch on this.

Sounds like WG, had financial problems. And it's about squeezing the cow at the lowest possible cost.

Or maybe, it's just that the developers have become incompetent and useless as not to create a way where in a game of ships, what less matters the carrier as a ship itself. But honestly, I can't believe that.

• Cool 6

Players
144 posts
29,098 battles
On 3/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, MrConway said:

Allow me to have doubts, for what you answered!

Games can also be developed by different teams, (or even different studios) but if the guidelines are the same, it changes little. If the bosses of Wargaming, (for development economies or synergies or as hell want to call them), have decided that the game for PC and the console game must be similar, this will be done! Regardless of the wishes of the individual development teams (and considering the behavior, even from the users' wishes)!

*Edit*

The release of Legends does nothing but confirm my hypotheses.

Edited by CptMinia
Removed CV discussion
  • Cool 7

[GRHNP]
[GRHNP]
Players
43 posts
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

Sorry Mr. Conway but makes perfect sense and its called "economies-of-scale", single R&D costs, 2 platforms to implement. Sorry again but some of us are not infants. 

3 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

The turnover of the console game market, unlike what is believed, is much lower than that on PCs.
Yet some companies, still, believe that it is the market where to make more money, mistreating players on PC, which are instead those more willing to pay if a game deserves!

Could not agree more.....and of course and since we are on the EU server it is needless to mention 1 more time that WG is in full violation of all EU legislation concerning consumer rights. And yes, consumer rights also apply to virtual goods, (no matter what your lawyers may say or not matter what loophole WG have found). The treatment and constant changes in the specs of PREMIUMS or even FREEMIUMS cannot be carried out so lightly. I have explained this is in numerous posts and i will not go into further detail. 

• Cool 5

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,032 posts
9,600 battles

It looks gorgeous! 
I wonder how the gameplay will be, and if premium and microtransactions will be the same. I'm not much of a console player, but I can sense the potential in the controller gameplay. 

And about CVs... I believe Mr Conway, as this game seems to not have any repercussion on the main PC one. They already showed us with Blitz that the connection between platform was not impacting each game developpment.

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,622 battles

I just want to point out that WoWs Legends is not F2P. You have to have a pay-account on your console to play it. (Xbox Live Gold or such.)

Players
2,093 posts
4,794 battles

*Edit*

17 hours ago, CMDR_Edward said:

Not to balance things out, but to see if the concept works out or not.

This is your personal tinfoilhat theory. It's not based on evidence.

17 hours ago, CMDR_Edward said:

Tell me one thing you can't do with this system on consoles please.

Honestly the only thing I can tell you is that the control scheme as it currently sits would feel bass ackwards on a controller. Push up on the left stick to speed up, push down to slow down, left/right to turn left/right, tilt left/right on the right stick to fine tune your aim - all weird, I'm sat here fiddling with an old GCN controller and it just feels off (maybe I'm too used to playing Starfox on this thing).

*Edit*

Edited by CptMinia
Removed CV discussion
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TR-SF]
Players
11 posts
14,509 battles

*Edit*

17 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

This is your personal tinfoilhat theory. It's not based on evidence.

Sure mate, and this is your own 'tinfoilhat' theory. 

Yes, to gather live server data for balance purposes.

Doesn't seem to be working after two months. They could've made PT rewards more appealing to draw more players to the PT server, without harming the live server with such radical changes.

many players only equip themselves with full AA builds instead of going for more natural builds

Testing the worst case scenario is not a bad idea, in fact, way better. It's not like when 0.8.0 hit live, everyone kept using their regular builds. 

Helps if you actually read the forums rather than posting a grand total of five comments

Reddit is a thing. And you still can read the forums without posting much.

Edited by CptMinia
Removed CV discussion
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,093 posts
4,794 battles
16 hours ago, CMDR_Edward said:

in this thread.

:cap_tea:

Sure mate

If I'm wrong, where's your evidence?

two months.

Five weeks.

Testing the worst case scenario is not a bad idea, in fact, way better.

If everyone does it, the live version of the ships you were trying to test are going to be OP because everyone built themselves to be extremely anti-whateveritwasyouweretesting. The data is skewed and not at all useful.

*Edit*

It's not like when 0.8.0 hit live, everyone kept using their regular builds.

I kept my regular builds. Because I realised it was more important to get to know how things had changed by comparing like with like. It might have been a little frustrating at first, but with the constant hotfixes it became manageable.

Edited by CptMinia
Removed CV discussion
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,507 battles
17 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Allow me to have doubts, for what you answered!

Games can also be developed by different teams, (or even different studios) but if the guidelines are the same, it changes little. If the bosses of Wargaming, (for development economies or synergies or as hell want to call them), have decided that the game for PC and the console game must be similar, this will be done! Regardless of the wishes of the individual development teams (and considering the behavior, even from the users' wishes)!

I am not turning this into another CV rework discussion thread, there are many others to be found already.

I am telling you that this is not the case, the games are already significantly different and if you look at Legends you will see that it does not even include CVs. 

While many assets will obviously be re-used, Legends is, and will be, a discrete and separate game with different gameplay from the PC version.

[TTTX]
1,559 posts
14,541 battles

Please stay on topic and keep in mind that baseless speculation is not constructive.

[TR-SF]
Players
11 posts
14,509 battles

Right then. Although I can't help but notice from the pictures posted on the post, Furutaka is Tier 4 and Queen Elizabeth is Tier 5. Is this a topic under NDA for you to discuss, or can you shed some light to this ? @MrConway

[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles

Hiya,

I will also remind folk this is an announcement thread for registering to WoWS:Legends. I have cleaned up the thread, please keep CV discussions and off-topic posts out of this thread. 

Regards,

CptMinia.

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,507 battles
3 hours ago, CMDR_Edward said:

Right then. Although I can't help but notice from the pictures posted on the post, Furutaka is Tier 4 and Queen Elizabeth is Tier 5. Is this a topic under NDA for you to discuss, or can you shed some light to this ? @MrConway

Sure, as I mentioned the games are quite different - starting from the tiers. The maximum tier is VII right now, where you will find ships like the Iowa. Conversely some of the lower tier ships have been dropped completely.

There are already YouTube videos to look at and you can always check out the Legends FAQ: https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/20-intro-faq/

• Cool 1

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
77 posts
1,770 battles

Why is the map in the top left on consoles instead of bottom right that is on PC?

Surely if you want existing PC WoW players to play Legends, then you should make the interface similar.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
26 posts
10,113 battles

Why do we want to know about a consul game its like you are asking us to stop playing on pc and move over to a consul, that is never going to happen. i do not ever want to start over again. Happened once in Navyfield never going to do it again. So i am not interested in a consul period.

Edited by NorthwoodIOW
missed a word out

[BUBS]
Players
32 posts
14,887 battles

My question is; if you have 5 new maps for the console games, why are there no new maps for your PC gamers - I have noticed how the numbers have dropped off both on the 'live' and more especially noticeable on the TEST server.