You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

The best pay to win ships now?

63 comments in this topic

[HAMAR]
Players
347 posts

Battleship  IX Jean Bart 

Battlecruiser VII Scharnhorst

Destroyer  V T-61

Destroyer VIII Asashio ( maybe)

Cruiser I'm not sure which one is the best now? But if you know please tell

What's your opinion on the best pay to win ship now for sale

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

out of those, the only remotely pay2win ship is T-61. The rest are weird, different, competitive, but that's about it.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,721 posts
10,183 battles

You wrote shinyhorse on tier 7 instead of payfast,

which makes me disregard all of your message :)

On a serious note, none of those ships are actually PAY to WIN,

I can't be sure about T61,

but asashio is an extremely situational worse kagero,

JB is just an up tiered riche, with low HP bad armor, low caliber guns and a very nice deck to spam HE,

and shinyhorse?
come on :) good ship, strong ship,

but needs a very very good captain to perform well..

If a ship cannot perform well with average players or noobs, that ship cannot be OP.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,110 posts
14,098 battles
8 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

Battleship  IX Jean Bart 

Destroyer  V T-61

None.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,764 posts
16,575 battles
38 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

None. A ship is only ever as good as the player controlling it. 

The thing is, where does skill end and where does pay to win start? How about a ship that automatically wins the better by just pressing join, even without the player controlling it? Or a ship that does always get results as if it had won (winning credits and XP)?

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
38 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

Battleship  IX Jean Bart 

Destroyer  V T-61

Right now only P2W ship is Belfast and GC.

Ships you mentioned are strong but not that strong so we culd declare them P2w. why?

Scharnhors - with low caliber guns and not that good armor he needs good captain to make him shine

Jean Bart - same as Schar

T-61 in gun department and stealth lacks behind some other DDs on same tier so it is just strong, not p2w

Assashio....well one of most ussles ship in game (fun, but ussles)

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,752 posts
26,557 battles

You should exclude ships that are no longer obtainable like Kami or Belfast. Yes you can get them from SC but player has little, if at all, influence over that.

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Beta Tester
434 posts
18,450 battles

scharnhorst does not need a very, very good captain. It needs a normal competent captain and its a p2w. Belfast, kutuzov also comes to mind but here are more.

And dont get me started on missouri; when it was able to be bought in the shop or when we were tricked to win it by gambling we got a better version of Iowa which prints money. P2W.

[VL-NL]
[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
91 posts
18,859 battles

u should also consider the players personal playstyle . F

or example i play agresive so the one is good for me but for anonther player who plays defensive it is not.

• Cool 1

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
2,451 posts
7,258 battles
1 minute ago, gbgroger said:

And dont get me started on missouri; when it was able to be bought in the shop or when we were tricked to win it by gambling we got a better version of Iowa which prints money. P2W.

What?  I did neither of those things and I own it.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, gbgroger said:

scharnhorst does not need a very, very good captain. It needs a normal competent captain and its a p2w. Belfast, kutuzov also comes to mind but here are more.

You just dont get the point of P2W ships, aint you?

how Missoury can be p2w and you say it prints money?, does money win games? no....also BBs that can be so easily devastated like big M can not be P2W.....put noob in it and you got one big BOOM.

P2W ship is ship that will make 40% WR captain into Uniqum captain.....Kutozov, Missoury, Schar aint that ships, lets take you as example.

you have only 5% more WR in Schar and you are by WOWS staandarf aboveaverage player...if it would be P2W you should do much better than 60%, also it seams you do much better in Amagi than in Schar...so how it is P2W ship?

• Cool 2

[SVX]
Beta Tester
434 posts
18,450 battles

Hmm I cant remember if missori could be bought with euros. But euros could buy free xp and its clearly a p2w ship. A better earning Iowa with radar? WOW. It was the main bait at the gambling boxes this last christmas.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Van_Bazel said:

u should also consider the players personal playstyle . F

or example i play agresive so the one is good for me but for anonther player who plays defensive it is not.

P2W ship should win no matter your skill or play style. 

[SVX]
Beta Tester
434 posts
18,450 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

You just dont get the point of P2W ships, aint you?

how Missoury can be p2w and you say it prints money?, does money win games? no....also BBs that can be so easily devastated like big M can not be P2W.....put noob in it and you got one big BOOM.

P2W ship is ship that will make 40% WR captain into Uniqum captain.....Kutozov, Missoury, Schar aint that ships, lets take you as example.

you have only 5% more WR in Schar and you are by WOWS staandarf aboveaverage player...if it would be P2W you should do much better than 60%, also it seams you do much better in Amagi than in Schar...so how it is P2W ship?

I disagree that p2w is when bad captains still can rock in a ship. Its in my book when a ship is clearly superior to its normal counterparts. Yes it can still be citadelled, burnt or torped...its a ship after all. I dont think I can get you to

understand this so ill dont answer you anymore.

This is not about me so dont use my personal statistics on what a p2w ship is.

• Funny 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,752 posts
26,557 battles
6 minutes ago, veslingr said:

what it has over Minekaze? 

When released Kami had better gun turret traverse speed and slightly better torp arcs, Minekaze had better speed and better gun arcs, I think. Now Kami has way better torps, way better guns in everything: reload, traverse speed and damage, Minekaze still only has better speed. Before I preferred Minekaze just because of speed, now there is no dilemma which is better ship between those two.

• Cool 3

Players
3,292 posts
14,054 battles

No such thing in WoWs as a P2W ship. Thank god. For instance Kami can be god like, even do well up-tiered. But you have to actually have skill and know what your doing to really stomp players. Stick a potato in it and they'll lose. 

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
25 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

The thing is, where does skill end and where does pay to win start? How about a ship that automatically wins the better by just pressing join, even without the player controlling it? Or a ship that does always get results as if it had won (winning credits and XP)?

No such ship exists in game, hence my answer of "None". If such a ship were to be introduced into the game then I would change my answer to "One".

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

I have Belfast and I still suck.

Some ships have higher skill ceilings, the better players can get more milege with them but it still comes down to skill.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Players
1,332 posts
9,834 battles
20 minutes ago, veslingr said:

what it has over Minekaze? 

Minekaze, Kamikaze and Fujin are "effectively"  the same ships (if you look for differences you will find minor ones like ruder shift time, torpedo tube rotation speed etc)

The OP asked about good premium ships (I hate the term P2W)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, Saltface said:

Minekaze, Kamikaze and Fujin are "effectively"  the same ships (if you look for differences you will find minor ones like ruder shift time, torpedo tube rotation speed etc)

The OP asked about good premium ships (I hate the term P2W)

good and P2W are not the same...he asked about P2W......if we are talking about good premiums than there are alot of them