You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
geekuma

Friendly bots eating torps like it was candy

32 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
1,689 battles

Dear fellow commanders and WG, 

I guess I can't be the first one to bring this topic up. What's up with the bots in your own team, who don't even try to avoid your torpedoes?

Enemy bots can do avoiding manoeuvres to avoid torpedoes, but your own team don't do a thing. And why the penalty for friendly fire applies like it was a real player? This is not about torping in front of your fellow ship (that's just asking for trouble), but your fellow ship running into your torps that you shot earlier when the line was still clear. Your own team bots know how to avoid collision, to the point they even stop. But torp avoidance? No, it's torp eating.

Could this be changed?

Cheers! 

warning.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[CATS]
Players
26,199 posts
14,119 battles

Maybe you should not launch torps like a bot?

Look where you are aiming. If there are friendlies, do not launch them or be ready to accept the consequences.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Why are you shooting torps into the attack vector of your bot teammates?

Your torps, your responsibility. That doesn't change just because it's a bot eating them.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,810 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Why are you shooting torps into the attack vector of your bot teammates?

Your torps, your responsibility. That doesn't change just because it's a bot eating them.

My thoughts exactly.

Does this mean you (OP)  don't take as much care with your torps when there are BoTs on your team?  Play with BoTs as if you're playing with other players (except the BoTs will always push ahead aggressively).

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,250 battles
5 hours ago, geekuma said:

but your fellow ship running into your torps that you shot earlier when the line was still clear. 

There is no ship that can overtake ship torps, so that statement there is false.

Your torps your responsability, try not being so "special".

Players
3,304 posts
14,059 battles
8 minutes ago, Juanx said:

There is no ship that can overtake ship torps, so that statement there is false.

Your torps your responsability, try not being so "special".

You've never seen a Le Terrible race into Black torps then... It was quite spectacular... especially as I fired them when he was 2 km behind me....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,922 battles

Working as intended.

If you can't learn not to torp from the back line, you should never get back to random battles and should stay in co-op forever.

Your torps: your responsibility.

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
2,451 posts
7,258 battles
6 hours ago, geekuma said:

I guess I can't be the first one to bring this topic up.

Unfortunately not.

• Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
6 hours ago, geekuma said:

This is not about torping in front of your fellow ship (that's just asking for trouble), but your fellow ship running into your torps that you shot earlier when the line was still clear

congratualtions. The exact definition of "torping in front of them".

:fish_palm:

That aside - what's the worst that could happen to you? do it more and you'll go orange, and be confined to... wait a minute... Coop? :Smile_teethhappy:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
7 hours ago, geekuma said:

What's up with the bots in your own team, who don't even try to avoid your torpedoes?

Allies aren’t supposed to avoid your torps. You are supposed to be careful enough to not-torp your allies

[SHAFT]
Players
9,533 posts
8,850 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

That aside - what's the worst that could happen to you? do it more and you'll go orange, and be confined to... wait a minute... Coop? :Smile_teethhappy:

Must happen more often since he already has 6 games :Smile_trollface: Usually its only 2.

Alltho i agree, its kinda silly to get penalized for hitting a bot... (but vice versa this gets even more hillarious :cap_fainting:)

You should get penalized for hitting your friendly humans, because you are ruining their game. You cant ruin a bots game....

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
2,451 posts
7,258 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Must happen more often since he already has 6 games :Smile_trollface: Usually its only 2.

Alltho i agree, its kinda silly to get penalized for hitting a bot... (but vice versa this gets even more hillarious :cap_fainting:)

You should get penalized for hitting your friendly humans, because you are ruining their game. You cant ruin a bots game....

Depends on whether the whole of his team is bots.  If there are some humans on his team then killing friendly bots impacts their game.

[OP]
Beta Tester
104 posts
7,162 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You cant ruin a bots game....

0. Bots have feelings too! :Smile_trollface:

1. One could argue that any form of team damage reduces your teams chance to win - "ruins" game.

2. I think it should stay as is to enforce good habits of coop players for their future pvp participation.

Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles
1 minute ago, ilhilh said:

Depends on whether the whole of his team is bots.  If there are some humans on his team then killing friendly bots impacts their game.

Indeed. It gives me more damage and XP and stops the bots from torping me.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,533 posts
8,850 battles
Just now, ilhilh said:

Depends on whether the whole of his team is bots.  If there are some humans on his team then killing friendly bots impacts their games.

For the better? :Smile_trollface: Less bots stealing kills.

Well, id agree if there are only 2-3 human players, then it would start to show an impact because you need the bots as meatshields. But more often, you have 1 or 2 bots who dont do anything except rush in and die AND block you from torpinng or even shooting. This actually happened to me in a game, where i was alone with another player and 6 Bots. My own Bots blocked me from torping (ofc) and they sat next to the enemy bots waiting to die and blocking me from shooting aswell. I managed to get pink too, because i simply HAD to try to shoot the enemy, because my other Human player was useless af...

Tho, i dont see it as a big deal. Just think it could be changed.

And for people deliberately killing Bots: What would you get for that? Except ruining your own game and time :Smile_amazed:

[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,028 battles

While i generally agree with "your torps, your responsibility": try to apply that to Italian ships.

Duca´s torps (both Ducas) have 12km range with abysmal speed. On a smaller map at Tier 6 that means: you torp a ship in cap A, one torp misses and goes all the way to cap B - where it hits a green bot that seems to eat it on purpose. Or when you´re in a knife-fight and the torps miss (because reaaaly slow) they keep running for a minute. And green bots keep charging into them.

While it is possible to warn friendlies by clicking on minimap and writing "TORPS" in chat - bots don´t react to this. Getting punished for the bot´s errors (or WG´s bad programming) is wrong.

And soon we will get the Leone, a destroyer that carrier the same fish.

Edited by drmajga
...a destroyer that CARRIES the same fish. (typo)
  • Cool 2

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,952 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, drmajga sagte:

Duca´s torps (both Ducas) have 12km range with abysmal speed. On a smaller map at Tier 6 that means: you torp a ship in cap A, one torp misses and goes all the way to cap B - where it hits a green bot that seems to eat it on purpose

So you know, that if you´re missing, your tops might hit a friendly ship....Back to square 1 : then don´t torp ;-)

[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,028 battles
5 minutes ago, DaMaGGo said:

So you know, that if you´re missing, your tops might hit a friendly ship....Back to square 1

Ok, with the Leone i will not contest caps but only torp-spam from the border - problem solved :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,770 battles
24 minutes ago, drmajga said:

While i generally agree with "your torps, your responsibility": try to apply that to Italian ships.

Duca´s torps (both Ducas) have 12km range with abysmal speed. On a smaller map at Tier 6 that means: you torp a ship in cap A, one torp misses and goes all the way to cap B - where it hits a green bot that seems to eat it on purpose. Or when you´re in a knife-fight and the torps miss (because reaaaly slow) they keep running for a minute. And green bots keep charging into them.

While it is possible to warn friendlies by clicking on minimap and writing "TORPS" in chat - bots don´t react to this. Getting punished for the bot´s errors (or WG´s bad programming) is wrong.

And soon we will get the Leone, a destroyer that carrier the same fish.

If torping an ally happens very rarely, it's not a problem, you're just going pink and the pinkness disappears before you suffer any (further) consequences.

If torping an ally happens often enough for you to have a problem, then it's pretty much certain that the source of the problem is yourself and your careless way of using torps rather than bad luck, allies running into torps just to grief you or whatever else excuse the offender might want to come up with.

Beta Tester
663 posts
12,465 battles

Apply the same rule for bots as you do players, if there's a chance to hit a friendly don't launch torps. Make it one of your instincts in game. If there was no penalty for torping friendly bots this would just lead to bad instincts being bought over from co-op to random games.

[SVX]
Beta Tester
434 posts
18,450 battles

Ah this is the type of player that ingame argues that avoiding torpedoes is the task of his own team. He is not bothered that friendly ships are totally focused in dodging enemy ships and their torpedoes.

THis is the worst type of player, or perhaps just worse behind TKs.

[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,028 battles
2 hours ago, ajb13 said:

If there was no penalty for torping friendly bots this would just lead to bad instincts being bought over from co-op to random games.

I agree with this. But the problems come from bots seemingly running into your torps on purpose.

1 hour ago, gbgroger said:

Ah this is the type of player that ingame argues that avoiding torpedoes is the task of his own team. ...

THis is the worst type of player, or perhaps just worse behind TKs.

Who do you speak of? If you mean my posts: i spoke about the italian torpedoes with extreme range and slow speed which leads to an insane travel-time (i think one minute till max range). Which makes their use risky in many situations, for example when the own team starts rushing the enemy base half a minute after you threw your torps in that direction - i can warn my real teammates but not the bots.