You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

[Poll] CV's Rework vs Rollback

[Poll] Rework vs. Rollback  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Rework vs. Rollback what do you prefer?

• The Rework - i think its the right way and promissing
    • A Rollback - i think the old Cv with tweaks was the superior system
    • I dont know - i think both are equaly good/bad
    • At this point i dont care (any more)
    • Remove Cvs as a playercontrolled class or rework them differently

474 comments in this topic

Players
2,831 posts
19,191 battles

Well some time has passed ....

.... lets see what people think.

show us your votes lets see cold hard numbers !
(go tell your friends to vote!)

• Cool 5
  • Boring 5

[NWP]
Players
2,631 posts
16,259 battles
Just now, AnEvilJoke said:

I'll take Option 5:

tenor.gif?itemid=12852114

Can you formulate that in words? It's kinda hard to put an image in a poll...

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
4 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

did put it in: remove cvs 

Not remove, more like "can them" because, in my opinion, the devs clearly don't know the f*ck what they're doing.

• Cool 7

[DREAD]
Players
9,567 posts
6,733 battles

Voted 1 - promising. But it needs more work and a different AA and fighter system.

But first and foremost it needs balance - AA is broken 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,191 battles
3 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Not remove, more like "can them" because, in my opinion, the devs clearly don't know the f*ck what they're doing.

well i did make a proposal  how to keep planes as an itegral part of the game without the need of a playable cv class....
but i didnt want to drag that into this topic
so lets just assume removal covers everything that just  let them go away.

4 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Voted 1 - promising. But it needs more work and a different AA and fighter system.

But first and foremost it needs balance - AA is broken 

well i see where youre going and id say maybe.....

but even a well functioning  AA would  nbot fix the problem that the new system has  and which the old one had.
the gameplay is to detatched and different to the main game

i can only repeat A game within a game doesnt work (for the board playerbase)

in the light of that beeing the problem with bowth i think the old system tweaked would be overall better quicker.
caue i cant see the enourmus effort  and attrocious gameplay for a long period of time will be to anyones benefit longterm

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,777 battles

mark my words: if cvs remain as they are now, by this summer they will be in lower numbers than last holiday season

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,396 posts

I disliked all the nerfs, but i do have some faith CV - or any class - will be balanced proper. Besides that i have proven to be able to adjust to every nerf. But they do hurt, i hope it stops for CV.

I did like RTS CV too and really understood all tactcs and counter tactics, i even developed some of my own to counter unfair OP Saipans ( their different from regular fighter mechanics ) and the like. But i still like these action-based version better. For me not strange, i like aircraft.....clocked over 2200 h in WT aircraft ( killing hundreds of ships ) before WOWS grabbed my attention.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

It has been stated multiple times - rollback's not going to happen, point when that was a valid option is long behind us. Concept's working fine, it's finalizing balancing that has issues.

I personally dislike the rework quite a lot, but I'm sort of willing to give it a chance. Don't get me wrong, it's bloody boring to play CVs now, but... it's sort of promising

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
Just now, Gojuadorai said:

well i did make a proposal  how to keep planes as an itegral part of the game without the need of a playable cv class....
but i didnt want to drag that into this topic
so lets just assume removal covers everything that just  let them go away.

Well... Thanks I guess.

I mean, I only played Tier IV&V CVs in random pre-rework and in Co-Op/Operations never used the manual attacks in higher tiers...

I try to get "warm" to Hermes since Saturday (never playd the old ones post-rework) but I don't "feel" it... If you know what I mean.

If they had converted the old system, maybe but this "bit by bit" attacking while the rest of your squadron eats bullets is sh*t.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,281 posts
14,063 battles

CVs destroy the stealth-game and take a lot of the tactical aspect away. 

CVs ruin the game in any design that spots ships. 

Game was great without them. 

• Cool 18
  • Bad 2

Players
2,831 posts
19,191 battles
38 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It has been stated multiple times - rollback's not going to happen, point when that was a valid option is long behind us.

well what people want is not always whats feasible... and id like to know what people would want 

Concept's working fine, it's finalizing balancing that has issues.

i disagree cause my longterm prediction is the new system is excatly going to end up int the same spot as the old (game withing game argument) but the improvements gained by a lengthy balancing  period could also be gained by propperly rebalancing the old system much quicker and with less risk of screwing things up badly in the process.
i would have loved to see a daring cv rework that brought the class closer to the gameplay odf the main classes but well that didnt happen....

I personally dislike the rework quite a lot, but I'm sort of willing to give it a chance. Don't get me wrong, it's bloody boring to play CVs now, but... it's sort of promising

fair enough....

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,421 posts
13,341 battles

I went with option 1, as it's the least distant from my current position.

My ideal option would have been to fix the original RTS CVs, but that possibility has long since passed. There is an enormous amount wrong with the current implementation, a lot of it relating to balance, but I still think that *eventually* we'll get to a point where the game is better with CVs in than without. That said, we've only just hit the low end of the range of time I personally was expecting WG to need to get things even remotely functional - if that guess turns out to be right, we're stuck with another two months of uncompensated chaos. Oh goody.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,740 battles
58 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

Well some time has passed ....

.... lets see what people think.

show us your votes let see cold hard numbers !
(go tell your friends to vote!)

Badly designed polls are utterly useless for any purpose other than making their maker feel better.

• Boring 2

Players
1,567 posts
10,261 battles

To be fair, it is already stated no rollback will happen.
I miss RTS THO! DUH!

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,837 battles

Still loving the rework. Can't wait for them to introduce the support CVs and deal with the balancing of IJN CVs.

Players have started to adapt and games have become more challenging! It's good fun.

Reminder that if you struggle with the CVs it's never a bad idea to ask experienced CV players, it helped me a ton!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,191 battles
13 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

To be fair, it is already stated no rollback will happen.
I miss RTS THO! DUH!

as stated before  its not about weather it  is on the table but weather people would want it if it was on the table.

you cant judge your past actions correctly if you exclude options you had in the past just cause you dont have em any more  now..... (or willfully excluding them)

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,454 battles
17 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I miss RTS THO! DUH!

Join us in glorious Communist China? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,261 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Join us in glorious Communist China? :Smile_trollface:

Really you play there? :O 

Players
4,443 posts
7,600 battles
6 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

The Chinese server must be wondering WTF has happened with the sudden influx of EU (and presuambly NA/RU) super-unicum CV players.

• Funny 1

[CRU_]
Players
206 posts
8,740 battles

Yeah rollback isn't going to come unless there is crippling exodus from the game. There's too much time/money in the new system. I think it has come along from when it first dropped which was a complete mess. If the balance it better, and in particular address the insane block that it is to DDs, it could work out ok in the long run. But yeah limit it to one per team please. Anymore and it is always going to be a mess.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Been there for a while now.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, El2aZeR said:
  Hide contents

71OvaJF.jpg

source.gif

On 2/21/2019 at 6:25 PM, El2aZeR said:

I have to admit, this almost brought a tear to my eye.

Almost.

Hide contents

2VZgek8.jpg

52iucFF.jpg

For me ping isn't too bad if I don't play during peak hours. About 100-150ms with occasional lagspikes.

And even during low population hours it quite frankly seems about the same as peak population in EU. You get into matches very quick.

(Although I suspect most of the players still online then are actual bots due to their... highly unique behavior.)

Also I have yet to see the supposed ludicrous p2w on the server. There are a few more options to buy stuff in the premium store (stuff such as existing upgrades, camos, signals, decorative flags, etc. Literally nothing is new, everything has the same values as on every other server) but nothing out of the ordinary. You could even say that the premium store there is superior because you can actually buy stuff you want without having a giant bundle attached to it.

And things are cheaper. Way cheaper. I got my Enterprise for the equivalent of ~20€.

So all in all I actually regard the current CN version as the superior game even with a lot of content missing.

• Cool 4

Players
3,338 posts
16,059 battles
59 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Can't wait for them to introduce the support CVs and deal with the balancing of IJN CVs

What on earth is a "support CV"? :Smile_unsure:

Did this originate in January when I was on holiday?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,454 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

What on earth is a "support CV"? :Smile_unsure:

Oh boy, you are in for a treat.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/cv-rework-changes/

So what's the plan?

Here's where it gets interesting, as there are many options to choose from.

Obviously we haven't spent months modelling these odd-tier carriers just to scrap them. At the moment we intend to transition them into second carrier branches of aircraft carriers with alternate gameplay styles - another way to influence the battle, a different approach to claiming victory for you and your team, as well as different interactions with allies and enemies. There are a lot of different options here: they could do a little less damage and assist their allies more instead in different ways like spotting enemies or through other advanced capabilities which were abundant with aircraft. It's possible that some types of aircraft in such alternative branches would be able to set smoke screens, saving heavily damaged ships from destruction. They might also be able to help allied battleships with putting out fires, or even land on water and capture objectives. Aircraft might even have something in their arsenal to help combat submarines should that ever become necessary.

These are just some of the options and you should understand that they are meant as auxiliary interactions that can be done together with directly causing damage to the enemy team, not instead of that. Certainly not all of these ideas will make it into the game, but those most promising ones have a good chance of seeing it through. Most likely such carriers and their squadrons would be slightly more difficult to play than simple strike setups, which would make them a good choice for those players who will have mastered the initial post-rework carrier gameplay.

So basically:

- air radar / sonar buoys / recon aircraft

- smoke

- DCP for ships

- capping

- ASW if necessary

Doesn't that sound fun? /s

(Obviously stuff is still subject to change especially this early, but that they're even considering this is hilarious in itself.)

• Cool 3