Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Initial "Alaska" stats...

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,340 posts
9,767 battles

Hi all,

 

Initial "Alaska" stats...

 

#1

If we go to "WoWs Stats & Numbers" we get:

 

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3760109552,Alaska/

 

YzRGQ2I.jpg

 

and with less than 40 players with at least 40 games in her...

 

 

#2

If we go to "MapleSyrup" we get:

 

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190302/eu_week/average_ship.html

 

sFbYBpW.jpg

 

 

 

Number of battles differ (and they should because the MapleSyrup collects data weekly on fixed day) but overall stats more-or-less match...

 

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,651 posts
16,127 battles

Bought her on release.(for free XP) . she has been in port but not yest sailed.. not even fitted her out... I should take her out soon.

 

To add to your thread I always think its better to show stats with the stats of the same tier and  same class..

alaska.thumb.png.d1d7a0543d14d09544d76d3e359491ed.png

Yes Yes BB's are there as well.. Because its the Alaska. BB stats relevant i think

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Bought her on release.(for free XP) . she has been in port but not yest sailed.. not even fitted her out... I should take her out soon.

 

To add to your thread I always think its better to show stats with the stats of the same tier and  same class..

alaska.thumb.png.d1d7a0543d14d09544d76d3e359491ed.png

Yes Yes BB's are there as well.. Because its the Alaska. BB stats relevant i think

with Seattle and Buffalo down there, that almost makes it look like Alaska's intended to pull up the overall USN T9 cruiser stats to competitive levels... :Smile_teethhappy: oh WG and their sikrit speshul plans and schemes :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,381 posts
5,380 battles

I've been garbage with her in Co-op, so many bad choices and forgetting it's a cruiser not a BB in armour etc so I'm not making the best of it right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,340 posts
9,767 battles

Hi all,

 

5 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I've been garbage with her in Co-op, so many bad choices and forgetting it's a cruiser not a BB in armour etc so I'm not making the best of it right now. 

 

I played just 2 "Random" games with her... both defeats with barely 50K average damage and 1.5 kills per game... but... I liked her immensely and the "problem" was crumbling "team" - in both defeats my "team" lost within 10 minutes of the game start (you all know that sad old story where both DDs die by practical suicide in 1-2-3 minutes even without enemy CVs and then the team is 100% doomed in "Domination")... :Smile-angry:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,181 posts
6,644 battles
16 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I've been garbage with her in Co-op, so many bad choices and forgetting it's a cruiser not a BB in armour etc so I'm not making the best of it right now. 

 

I played her once in Coop, was outstanding. Just use AP much more where you wouldnt with other ships, you will still get pens because of the improved angles. 12k upper belt hits on BBs is easily possible!

I just angled away and kited with it, since bots push anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
43 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

 

 

I played just 2 "Random" games with her... both defeats with barely 50K average damage and 1.5 kills per game... but... I liked her immensely and the "problem" was crumbling "team" - in both defeats my "team" lost within 10 minutes of the game start (you all know that sad old story where both DDs die by practical suicide in 1-2-3 minutes even without enemy CVs and then the team is 100% doomed in "Domination")... :Smile-angry:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

I admit on directing fire on Alaskas when they in game, and I think when people get used to seeing the ship she will perform even better as I find her dangerous from what I've seen in games, we will see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
13,073 battles

Bought on day one, fitted, not played yet.

 

From what I have seen and read the Alaska is an open water cruiser done right (perhaps even a litte too right when looking at the stats). Finally as I have to say. Open water respectively (super) heavy cruisers should mainly be about AP and leave the IFHE HE spam to their smaller caliber island hugging brothers and sisters (unless you are a german CA, in which case you also spam HE because of anaemic AP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,091 posts
14,053 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

I've been garbage with her in Co-op, so many bad choices and forgetting it's a cruiser not a BB in armour etc so I'm not making the best of it right now. 

I think that it is also partly the meta. PvE favours torpedoes, very big guns, and ships with a very high rate of fire.

It hurts ships with lower rate of fire, and those that rely on catching the enemy broadside.

I don't have Alaska (though have enough free XP in "ready cash") but I am wary of getting it since I struggle with heavy cruisers.

(Though in Operations the T6 Pensacola and T8 Baltimore are very good IMHO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,532 posts
6,172 battles

I like it. Durable, punishing AP, solid HE and nice AA power. Also Radar as the cherry on top. It really fells like a lightweight Iowa (unsuprisingly) that sacrifices alpha and armor for DPM and manuverability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,340 posts
9,767 battles

Hi all,

 

Updated "Alaska" stats... another week... :Smile_honoring:

 

 

#1

If we go to "WoWs Stats & Numbers" we get:

 

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3760109552,Alaska/

 

Miq77B1.jpg

 

and now with over 200 players with at least 40 games in her...

 

 

BTW, this was last week:

 

YzRGQ2I.jpg

 

 

 

#2

If we go to "MapleSyrup" we get:

 

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190302/eu_week/average_ship.html

 

pd7SPlT.jpg

 

 

BTW, this was last week:

 

sFbYBpW.jpg

 

 

 

So...  the overall number of "Alaska" owners increased but the stats got a bit lower... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-FF-]
Players
868 posts
5,905 battles

One thing bothers me with Alaska. I can't citadel her, even with Kron or BBs.

I find her too good in terms of survivability compared to Kron, which maybe explains the higher average damage. There are so many potatoes sailing broadside with her and I can't punish them. It's really annoying. A cruiser shouldn't be immune to citadels. Yes there will be people saying they can citadel her. But really, how many times did you do it? And i know how to aim, well, I think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,340 posts
9,767 battles

Hi all,

 

12 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

One thing bothers me with Alaska. I can't citadel her, even with Kron or BBs.

I find her too good in terms of survivability compared to Kron, which maybe explains the higher average damage. There are so many potatoes sailing broadside with her and I can't punish them. It's really annoying. A cruiser shouldn't be immune to citadels. Yes there will be people saying they can citadel her. But really, how many times did you do it? And i know how to aim, well, I think so.

 

I had even around 20.000K damage on "Alaska" with my "Yamato" salvo but no citadels as well... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×