Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear_Necessities

It's getting stupid now, we need to stop this and step up.

36 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,406 posts
10,368 battles

So, I'm sure we all have our own opinions, have all been getting a little bit salty over the rework and class interactions. But Now... it's getting :etc_swear:ing stupid. Our American sever cousins have even managed to go one step further than us with this. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/185074-the-anti-cv-sentiment-the-playerbase-is-displaying-feels-very-familiar/

Yes, a CV player has compared the dislike of CV's by other players to :etc_swear:ing Jon Crow laws. Literally equated people moaning about CV's to an entire group of people, judged on race, who were persecuted and murdered, hung from trees and denied basic civil rights. I think we ALL need to step the :etc_swear: back and reevaluate how not only we conduct ourselves but also use this forum. That goes for me, you and everyone else. I will put my hand up. I've been a bit salty of late and I apologise. It wasn't warranted and should not have got personal. It's a game and I think somewhere we have all kinda forgotten that. I think I did, which saddness me as I've put so  many hours and pennies into wanting it to be a success.

I don't have the answers to fix this, or the ability to magically make things better. But my god if the global WoWs player base has got to this sort of crass level of forum interaction then maybe we don't deserve a nice game. 

Just my thoughts about the recent times. 

Fell free to add yours chaps and lasses. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 3

Players
157 posts
10,954 battles

its kind of always been the same, something goes wrong in battle = blame CV / / i love this game and all its classes but the old RTS had to go, and after watching fara on the CN server rubbing his nipples while dev striking things including CV's at the start the game, with one player having so much power no matter how much skill you have in a DD CL BB the old RTS CV skilled player will always beat u, what we have at the moment is chip damage CV's they are fun and we can all play them without "letting your team down" like the old RTS, but as time and time again i find abuse,,, 2 examples, both hilraious 0.8.1 ruffley the patch

1 - asashio in B decides to brawl and gun boat DD,,, (bad idea) he has smoke he should run before the cleveland arrives, he was on his way, i F'd my aircraft and rushed as fast as i could to help the guy, the enemy CV was other places, i chipped the gun boat DD down to about 3k HP lost alot of aircraft to the cleveland who was now in the B cap, the dead asashio blames CV..........like WUT was it really the CV fault u tried to have a gun fight with a harugumo and a cleveland?

2 - an monach at the back of the map, sniping from behind an island, dropped a few rockets on him in hope of causing a fire, gets rather salty in chat about losing 4k health, CV rework blah blah blah,, like WUT, the cruisers are in front of u tanking and u want to remain full health all game????

if the rework is upsetting go watch old kaga videos on youtube

• Cool 4

[PN]
Players
590 posts
4,223 battles

Dear @Bear_Necessities

that was a controversial post, and, like everything controversial has supporters and foes.

I find the "parabol/metaphor" rather weak and provocative given the sensitivities (that we may not fully understand in Europe) of the Americans.

55 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

and reevaluate how not only we conduct ourselves but also use this forum

I couldn't agree more

56 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

It's a game and I think somewhere we have all kinda forgotten that.

We are only human. Moreover, "it's the internet, stupid". (please read note at end of post before you think I am offending you)

In what regards our game, and the way dislike towards CV players is expressed, I would say we should all chill.

As I said in an older post "If you like it, play it - If you don't, then leave it"

And to make myself even more specific: if you are F2P why are you complaining about something that is free, you didn't pay money so you can leave at 0 cost to you. So leave and let the others that like the game play it. If you are P2P then you have the right to complain and the right to stop spending your money. If you continue paying then you accept the terms and conditions so quit complaining. If you stop paying then you become F2P. Guess what? Point number 1 applies.

So, in brief, it is good and constructive to express your opinion about the game. It is not good or constructive to whine, vent, huff, puff, become a drama queen, and, most importantly blame everybody else because YOU are not having fun. So I agree with you, we should all cool down a bit about how we speak about/to CV players. Or any other player for that matter.

On the same note I don't find CVs make the game unplayable or fun is less. I find that bad players in all classes do that. 

And just to be the odd man out again, with all this going on I took up DD play. Now I ll take up CV play.

And I will have fun receiving all those "hate" chats and posts. And I will answer accordingly. And in kind. (taking the fifth here)

Note for those that want to be offended: 

"It's the economy, stupid" is a slight variation of the phrase "The economy, stupid", which James Carville had coined as a campaign strategist of Bill Clinton's successful 1992 presidential campaign against sitting president George H. W. Bush.

The phrase has become a snowclone repeated often in American political culture, usually starting with the word "it's" and with commentators sometimes using a different word in place of "economy." Examples include "It's the deficit, stupid!"[4] "It's the corporation, stupid!"[5] "It's the math, stupid!"[6] and "It's the voters, stupid!".[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_the_economy,_stupid

Regards

Saltface 

• Cool 1

Players
2,501 posts

This is the sad thing about online gaming mixed with human players......Hate develops against certain sections and builds up with tribe mentality. It is nowhere near as bad in WOWS as it was/is against anyone playing arty in WOT but still bloody pathetic. 

• Cool 1

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
17 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Jim Crow.

any relation? :D

Players
1,509 posts
8,378 battles

Closely related to Jim Beam, if the level of coherence in that link is anything to go by. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,406 posts
10,368 battles
7 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Jim Crow.

I probably should proof read postings after night shifts...

• Funny 1

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
7,058 battles

Funny...

I mean how long this is happening to anyone who "outs" themselfs as Battleship main and noone bets an eye but now...

• Cool 1

1,552 posts
10,179 battles

American collegues have dealt with that.
But what I may tell you honestly, is that when we are taking any action toward any player many things are taken in account. Everyone can have bad day and that is normal but still forum etiquette must be respected.

Also, I want to point out on this handy feature: "report post"

When you press "report post" you may give reason or not, but staff will see post in question and may deal with it swiftly. (If we dont see it on our own).

Just note, abusing this feature will put you in gulag. :P

Shout out for reasonable behaviour tho!
Cheers! 

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,784 battles
7 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I mean how long this is happening against anyone who "outs" themselfs as Battleship main and noone bets an eye but now...

I have to say: I was wondering about the same stuff. All of a sudden, people with red stats that out themselfs as "main-somethingelse-then-BB" get defended and a pat on their shoulder. The slightest "l2p" remark, even in a friendly way, and you have a couple of Pinschers biting your wades. Im waiting for a BB-thread again, to see, if people changed (as if) or we are indeed seeing some agendas beeing pushed. Odd times to be in the forum indeed...

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
7,058 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I have to say: I was wondering about the same stuff. All of a sudden, people with red stats that out themselfs as "main-somethingelse-then-BB" get defended and a pat on their shoulder. The slightest "l2p" remark, even in a friendly way, and you have a couple of Pinschers biting your wades. Im waiting for a BB-thread again, to see, if people changed (as if) or we are indeed seeing some agendas beeing pushed. Odd times to be in the forum indeed...

Don't know anything about that, wasn't visiting the forums while I was banned.

But well, something has changed... I mean they made sh*tposter Boris a mod... So... Something wrong in the state of denmark?

[WGP2W]
Players
7 posts
8,137 battles

WG invested much resources into a part of the game (class) which most of players (especially those who have played many games, over many years) dislike and would rather go without it. Consider the fact that at the launch of the update hakuryu and midway were overpowered as hell (at least we got some spicy memes), that the playerbase hated them even more. Now ofc they are nerfed, but the bitter taste stayed with the players. Other important issue is, that in some specific ships, carriers affect your gamestlye crucially and u have to adjust (or u get shrecked), which is ofc not always as "fun and engaging" as it would be without cv in the game. Thus the hate towards players that play them. I don't think that it can be ever changed. Just look at examples of "cancer" ships, that when played correctly are really annoying (khaba, conqueror etc). Carriers were always hated cuz of their position and i don't think that way of thing will be changed soon, but u never know, evertyhing is possible :)

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,811 posts
6,028 battles
10 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I will put my hand up. I've been a bit salty of late and I apologise. It wasn't warranted and should not have got personal. It's a game and I think somewhere we have all kinda forgotten that. I think I did, which saddness me as I've put so  many hours and pennies into wanting it to be a success.

Wut ??

What mushrooms have you been eati....never mind ;-))

But you are right anyway. Forums would be nicer when we behave like civilized beings. And there is no point in hating your fellow players anyway. 

I do not dislike other players that disagree with me, or even try to drag me down always using stats to prove their point. I just hope to see them in battle in game on the other side.

IRL someone i disliked very much, and vice versa became a best friend......but only after a RL full contact kickboxing match ! Men sometimes only respect other men when they have fought each other.....is the way of things....maybe that works in game too :-))

Players
23 posts
8,473 battles

basically, players, who hated the old CV gameplay, coz OP, never understood, that playing as a team made life very difficult for a CV. staying close, combining your AA, communicating and using consumables in a smart way... wows is a "team-based" multiplayer game. a lot of people seem to forget that. TEAM being the keyword here. if you don't want to play WITH your teammates or if you CAN'T, you have no [edited]right to bloody complain about a class of ship being to powerful... also, if you hated the RTS gameplay, tell me how you feel about 2 squadrons of T10 planes WIPED out of the sky in less than 5 seconds, by a certain cruiser... does that sound fun and engaging to you? and nope, no skill in that, crtl-click and press consumable hotkey, done, CV lost 12 planes... while the CV actually needed SKILL to perfectly time his approach on a target, manual-drop and then, maybe devastrike someone... one is skill, the other a one click denial... so there is that. i personally HATE the new, so called, rework, which is just a BAD and shallow carbon copy of a year old game, that had so much more detail and depth to it, than THIS... but yeah, i know everybody LOVES the rework...

as to the original post up front... the playerbase of these kind of games has always turned more and more salty, the more people play the game. some wanna-be elitists take the game very serious (be it, they are competitive, stupid or just [edited]), but i don't judge them or blame them. some others take the game very casual... sailing around, occasionally firing BB guns and basically loving the looks and sounds and setting more, than the gameplay. i personally think, the first should have ranked games all the time and the latter should spend their time in coop. keep the random battles for the normal people, salty at times, but mostly behaving... but you can't force it onto people. it is WG's game, they can and will do, whatever the hell pleases them and brings the money. whether we as a player base are happy with that or not is an entirely different story. i simply don't like how they are presenting their "data" and how they think they solve certain problems, while being faced with hard evidence, that some of these changes simply are either stupid or don't work as intended or are unbalanced and they flat out deny it, how they lie to the community, KNOWINGLY. some arrogance and ignorance is there, that would be better covered by someone with communication and diplomacy skills, instead of accountants and so called lead game designers, that would better serve under EA, than WG...

Players
2,973 posts
3,349 battles
23 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

But well, something has changed... I mean they made sh*tposter Boris a mod... So... Something wrong in the state of denmark?

Boris was an undercover WG-mole man. Don't you see? :Smile_trollface:

27 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Seriously I am not understanding why some are complaining. Today I hunted a West-Virginia player, man he was kinda salty. 

It was T6 game and i had a T6 CV. But an RTS-CV would have deleted him much faster, took me half the game. 

Same as DDs. I cannot even delete them quick enough, usually, if they attack my CV (if they find it... I'm getting smarter...).

And I cannot remember if I have been deleted by a 'new' CV when playing a DD. The RTS CVs deleted my DD in one go (cruiser too, for that matter). 

Sure the Cvs aren't finished (they are a bit too hard for the average player IMO), and I understand the grief of the RTS players.

But come on... some are really whining like they took the .... from their suckling mouths. Man. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
7,058 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Boris was an undercover WG-mole man. Don't you see? :Smile_trollface:

heresy-heresy-everywhere-35204124.png

• Funny 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,784 battles
21 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Seriously I am not understanding why some are complaining. Today I hunted a West-Virginia player, man he was kinda salty. 

It was T6 game and i had a T6 CV. But an RTS-CV would have deleted him much faster, took me half the game. 

Most likely the same old thinking: I cant do anything to defend myself. Eventhough, we all know that isnt true, passive mechanics as AA can lead to these feelings. Even if they yield better results then a player might be able to achieve by himself. I tried to argue for that for a long time aswell, that AA should need more attention / skill from the player and then should yield better results, if done right. In return, not paying attention to your AA / activly engaging in however such a mechanic would look like, should provide very limited self defence. It would make both sides more interesting. A CV player wouldnt know what to expect (and thus doesnt face situations likes "great. 5 minos. cant do anything") and a surfice player has a way to activly use his AA and has a good feeling about defending himself. It would have been up to WG tho to come up with something workable, since they dismissed any ideas in that direction coming from the community in the past.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,507 posts
15,221 battles

4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731

1 hour ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I mean they made sh*tposter Boris a mod

Reeducation in gulag very effective, da!

Looks like you need another stint comrade. Be very careful, Hero of the People Commissar @Boris_MNE is always watching. Always judging.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,811 posts
6,028 battles

I have the impression that WG does not listen to mere players at all.....but get the information they decide to do things on from server data and financial statistics. The large company i work for acts the same way.

They have comminications guys too.....they give the impression what happens is not only top down fed. But the communication up just stops with them.

And here we are rolling about making flame wars on each other, thinking we can influence what WG does. In fact we do, but not with words.

I do like the game anyway. If i did not, i would be playing something else. WGs job to keep us playing. If they do not listen ( "then to hell with them" Conan the Barabarian :-) then they damn better know what we want themselves.

• Cool 3

Players
4,085 posts
6,784 battles

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I have the impression that WG does not listen to mere players at all

gallery_22759_667_65341.thumb.jpg.181513d32b8aac48e535a6926db32c6a.jpg

• Funny 1

[CRU_]
Players
173 posts
6,506 battles
1 hour ago, AnEvilJoke said:

That is some epic 5 dimensional chess trolling on the part of the community team.

[CRU_]
Players
173 posts
6,506 battles
35 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I have the impression that WG does not listen to mere players at all.....but get the information they decide to do things on from server data and financial statistics. The large company i work for acts the same way.

They have comminications guys too.....they give the impression what happens is not only top down fed. But the communication up just stops with them.

And here we are rolling about making flame wars on each other, thinking we can influence what WG does. In fact we do, but not with words.

I do like the game anyway. If i did not, i would be playing something else. WGs job to keep us playing. If they do not listen ( "then to hell with them" Conan the Barabarian :-) then they damn better know what we want themselves.

Ubisoft are masters at this dude. Seriously go to their forums, and you will see Community staff in every thread telling posters how great their feed back is and how it will be collated and passed on to the dev team. Community management at its finest. It seems to work too, as the rage posts are pretty infrequent in my experience.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

20 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I mean they made sh*tposter Boris a mod

Please stop discussing moderation!

Edited by CptMinia

Players
2,973 posts
3,349 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

....and a surfice player has a way to activly use his AA and has a good feeling about defending himself. It would have been up to WG tho to come up with something workable, since they dismissed any ideas in that direction coming from the community in the past.

I found the "CTRL+CLICK" action much more satisfying, indeed. 

• Cool 1