You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toni112007

Is it me or low tier cruisers are easier to play than BBs?

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
52 posts
433 battles

I am new player (actually I am from alpha but started playing seriously and a lot only now) and I have much easier time in cruisers than BBs. I find that in a cruiser Its easier for me to make consistent damage than in a BB. You can check my stats lol, its small sample of battles but still... Is it supposed to be that way so it attracts more cruiser players?

[CATS]
Players
17,349 posts
11,710 battles

On Tier III?

Yes, some BB are hard. If they were easy, the would dominate the game. 

The cruiser are supposed to teach you how to shoot. 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,462 posts
10,421 battles

Wait till you play Emerald, Omaha, Kirov and Nurnberg... you might then rethink this post :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Alpha Tester
52 posts
433 battles
6 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Wait till you play Emerald, Omaha, Kirov and Nurnberg... you might then rethink this post :cap_haloween:

I have Konigsberg and its pretty nice.

Alpha Tester
52 posts
433 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

On Tier III?

Yes, some BB are hard. If they were easy, the would dominate the game. 

The cruiser are supposed to teach you how to shoot. 

I have Konigsberg which is tier 5 and I find it easier than any tier 5 BB I played (Kaiser and Kongo as of now). But tbh I have too small sample of battles in Konigsberg so my impression could be wrong. I never really got deleted with one salvo yet xD

[NWP]
Players
5,177 posts
6,629 battles
4 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

I have Konigsberg which is tier 5 and I find it easier than any tier 5 BB I played (Kaiser and Kongo as of now). But tbh I have too small sample of battles in Konigsberg so my impression could be wrong. I never really got deleted with one salvo yet xD

Will eventually happen :cap_tea: Sometimes you are just lucky when no BB is looking at you.
Also ive seen couple of screens with low number of BBs on midtiers, and tons of Cruisers at the same time. This is ofc favorable for Cruisers, as they cant get deleted from BBs.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
50 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

I am new player (actually I am from alpha but started playing seriously and a lot only now) and I have much easier time in cruisers than BBs. I find that in a cruiser Its easier for me to make consistent damage than in a BB. You can check my stats lol, its small sample of battles but still... Is it supposed to be that way so it attracts more cruiser players?

on T3 I'd say your impression is mostly correct, just because of how bad the T3 BBs are. After that though, BBs rapidly become a lot more powerful (variations between them continue of course, ships like Myogi and Bretagne are still utter trash).

What might be skewing your impressions a bit is that BBs, with their ~30s reload, require at least some amount of aim, and even then RNG can be frustrating. Both of those tend to be a lot less pronounced on the relatively rapid firing cruisers, whose HE also cares quite a bit less about where you hit the target than BB AP does. Furthermore, low tier BBs are often quite slow - so they punish bad positioning choices. On the other hand, BBs are a lot more forgiving - they can take a lot more hits, especially from eachother, before they go poof. Overall, I'd say once a player goes from completely new to just relatively new (like you will if you keep playing), things are very likely to shift in favour of BBs and stay there, although experienced players certainly can also make good use of lower-and-midtier cruisers.

• Cool 2

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
433 posts
1,489 battles

tier 3, 4 and 5 you are slow as hell and generally unable to dodge much of anything, your AA and your accuracy sucks...you are however tough as nails and can delete most ships with a single well placed broadside. a lot of the torpedoboats you see also lack the ability to stealth torp you, have few guns, relatively poor captains and the HE that does hit has a relatively low chance to cause fires...so you don't get anywhere near as much stacking fires.

in the combat effectiveness corner, I'd say that low tier BB's are still the better pick...the guns can be used against any target and are always effective, you have thick armor, high health and a heal meaning that unless any enemy apart from a BB manages to land torps you can shrug off an amazing amount of damage. cruisers on the other hand...well the only way they can deal with a BB in any decent amount of time is to yolo rush them with torps.

the only real downside of low tier BB's is their pathetic movement speed, once you realize you are about to move up crap creek without a paddle...you have no real way out.

• Cool 1

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
2 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

nurnberg made me abandon cruisers and i liked the ship but good lord 

• Cool 1

Players
1,547 posts
8,434 battles

Emerald and Nurnberg have been buffed... Nurnberg's shorter reload makes her quite the firebug. 

Tiers III and IV are not fun places for BBs, with a few honorable exceptions you're usually playing slow inaccurate ships which have been gimped to ensure they don't dominate. V and up is where the fun begins. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,257 posts
3,482 battles
19 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Will eventually happen :cap_tea: Sometimes you are just lucky when no BB is looking at you.
Also ive seen couple of screens with low number of BBs on midtiers, and tons of Cruisers at the same time. This is ofc favorable for Cruisers, as they cant get deleted from BBs.

Kone and Emile get shot clean through by BB's. They need to angle for the BB shells to go off