Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Who said the Belfast was OP?...

20 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
788 posts
12,908 battles

Had a battle with a couple of our clan, I was in my Edinburgh when we went into a battle against 3 members of a clan all in Belfast’s, (well our hearts sank a little as we had just been wiped out against another  3 clan members all in Stalingrads) it was a Standard battle, to be fare I had a mare of a battle till near the end, had gone to there cap when all 3 Belfast’s headed back to defend there cap, ( I was  around 3/4 health) well all hell broke loose, managed to sink 1 Belfast in there cap when our team was down to 3 of us, a Kidd,  CV  and me, the Kidd was defending our cap from a BB, BB took him out, but his torps took the BB out, CV was down on planes and I had 2 belfasts and a DD to contend with. At this point we where behind on on points, I had to finish off both Belfasts in the open as I had no one to spot so I could smoke up and we then hit the front on points , 20 secs to go, DD was trying to keep me spotted, had control over cap but on v low hp, I knew if the DD. Caught me with guns on the wrong side I was done for but we managed the win. I know my score was pretty damn rubbish, even by my normal standards, but it’s about being in the right place at the right time sometimes.

E4E2D4DB-C46F-425A-A7CA-204CB34DA079.thumb.jpeg.007f308dbdcd45f7135ca1927a31e111.jpeg

• Cool 3

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,500 battles

I completely agree. Mine suffers from the powercreep as well. I demand RN heal as compensation.

• Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
8,135 posts
10,628 battles
30 minutes ago, kfa said:

I completely agree. Mine suffers from the powercreep as well. I demand RN heal as compensation.

Careful, your keyboard has only so many buttons to use for consumables.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
165 posts
1,496 battles

If we're being realistic. Belfast herself, as a ship, Isn't that good. She can't HE spam aswell as an Atlanta or an IJN cruiser, she can't AP spam aswell as her tech tree comrades, she can't critadel punish like USN cruisers or German cruisers can, and one of her most painful aspects, no torp, mediocre AA and soooooooooooooooo weeeeakkkkkkkkkk.

She is made powerful entirely by her consumables. If you deny her proper use of the consumables.. she's not that great of a ship. Force her out her smoke with Torps, Or pop Radar / Hydro (Nearby) as soon as she smokes up, And she will either be instantly butchered, or rendered completely useless for minutes until her smoke Regens. the entire time she will have to spend vulnerable and exposed. Hell, Even just push into her smoke, She has no torps to prevent you doing that.

Shes Brutal with her consumables. Mediocre without them

• Cool 4

[BLITZ]
Players
2,442 posts
9,810 battles
10 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Careful, your keyboard has only so many buttons to use for consumables.

<- 142 battles in Swiss knife Worcester, no problem! 

:etc_red_button: :etc_red_button: :etc_red_button: :etc_red_button: :etc_red_button:
[ R ] [ T ] [ Z ] [ U ] [ I ]

• Funny 1

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,786 posts
9,308 battles

Dropped from 97k to 95k avg. Garbage ship, desperately needs a buff. I even was sunk by a T5 once. Imagine that.

• Funny 1

Players
232 posts
1 hour ago, kfa said:

And torps.

Thats what I miss when playing Belfast ( and why I play Fiji so much)

Players
5,017 posts
6,146 battles
1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

If we're being realistic. Belfast herself, as a ship, Isn't that good. She can't HE spam aswell as an Atlanta or an IJN cruiser,

You serious? Belfast certainly is right next to Helena when it comes to pumping out useful HE shells at T7. Certainly a step above the oversized DD Atlanta is (with vastly worse range, HE pen and shell velocity to the point that you can lose kiting matches against DDs that know how to dodge) and the Myoko that fires barely above 4 shells a minute.

But I had a good laugh.

1 hour ago, Riggerby said:

She is made powerful entirely by her consumables. If you deny her proper use of the consumables.. she's not that great of a ship. Force her out her smoke with Torps, Or pop Radar / Hydro (Nearby) as soon as she smokes up, And she will either be instantly butchered, or rendered completely useless for minutes until her smoke Regens. the entire time she will have to spend vulnerable and exposed. Hell, Even just push into her smoke, She has no torps to prevent you doing that.

Shes Brutal with her consumables. Mediocre without them

Well, duh. That's how British cruisers work. If Fiji had none of her consumables she'd be a goddamn piece of trash. But these cruisers have their consumables and arguing that it's only their consumables that make them strong is kind of just silly, as these are fundamental aspects of their gameplay. Arguing a Belfast is weak without its consumables is like arguing Stalingrad is bad if you take its guns away. Well, most often if you run into a Stalingrad it will have those guns and the thought that the rest of the ship might not be that good has no value, as it's just not a valid perspective on balance.

• Cool 1

Players
2,973 posts
3,349 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

A ship is only as OP as the player behind it... :cap_cool:

That's very true. Actually that is how I found Roger (you'll remember him from Narai).

he was in a 3-Belfast-game, I hunted down all the Belfasts in my Queen Liz but he was the one that escaped my shells.

Got the other two though. :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,089 posts
3,502 battles

Nice of the OP to put this thread up, I was just wondering the same thing, what makes people say the Belfast is OP? I have both the the Fiji and Belfast and like them both bot miss the torps of the Fiji when playing the Belfast.

Just about to play some weekly missions so see how my quest to improve in Cruisers goes.

One hing I am learning the hard way is that a lot of the American ships do not have heals, which has sort of stopped me dead in my tack for grinding towards the Worcester, going for the Minotaur instead, although I am many moons away from that little beauty yet.

[NWP]
Players
5,133 posts
6,594 battles
34 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Nice of the OP to put this thread up, I was just wondering the same thing, what makes people say the Belfast is OP? I have both the the Fiji and Belfast and like them both bot miss the torps of the Fiji when playing the Belfast.

Just about to play some weekly missions so see how my quest to improve in Cruisers goes.

One hing I am learning the hard way is that a lot of the American ships do not have heals, which has sort of stopped me dead in my tack for grinding towards the Worcester, going for the Minotaur instead, although I am many moons away from that little beauty yet.

All Cruisers on T9+10 have a heal, US Cruiser aswell.

RN CLs just get a heal earlier because they are so squishy. Some T8 Cruiser have a heal too (Prinz Eugen and Atago/Takao), and Abruzzi on T7 afaik and Graf Spee on T6.

Beta Tester
2,505 posts
3,460 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

A ship is only as OP as the player behind it... :cap_cool:

Said this for years. Goes for tanks and planes as well.

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
758 posts
7,967 battles
25 minut temu, DFens_666 napisał:

All Cruisers on T9+10 have a heal, US Cruiser aswell.

RN CLs just get a heal earlier because they are so squishy. Some T8 Cruiser have a heal too (Prinz Eugen and Atago/Takao), and Abruzzi on T7 afaik and Graf Spee on T6.

Salem even has nearly as good heal as Minotaur, the only difference is it can't heal citadel damage as good.

[SHAD]
Players
571 posts

I’m of a similar opinion.

As top tier it is very strong especially as many lower tiers are not used to radar.

As bottom tier it feels quite fragile.

Swapping torps and heal for radar and HE, I’m not sure it’s better than the Fiji.

[PEC]
Players
327 posts
1,743 battles

She ceased to be OP when smoke firing was nerfed, but radio location and an excess of radar ships have added to an already bad power creep and rendered her less useful than Fiji and less enjoyable than Perth.

Not sure why she's still not available to RN fans in the shop. She'd sell well alongside Exeter.

[-SOG-]
Players
147 posts
3,655 battles

I agree with most of the statements here. Another thing is that you'll encounter players like myself who aren't necessarily unicum but is aware of game mechanics and ships on the enemy team enough that I will often prioritize eliminating Belfasts, Flints, DDs, and anything I see could threaten our entire team's ability to advance.

[WTFNO]
Players
3 posts
12,987 battles

Honestly think Belfast and Fiji would do fine if you took away their smoke. Just play them like Murrican cl's; abuse the crap out of terrain and learn when you need to stop shooting.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,505 posts
3,460 battles
2 minutes ago, Biatchi said:

Honestly think Belfast and Fiji would do fine if you took away their smoke. Just play them like Murrican cl's; abuse the crap out of terrain and learn when you need to stop shooting.

And your WASD keys. Never forget those.

Players
31 posts
8,617 battles

If they could merge Belfast and Fiji into one ship Belfiji. That would be worth the money. On the serious note, I played Belfast as a noob with 1 point captain onwards and in that aspect its weak. That radar consumable just took me into bad situations ( If you have it you must use it, right? ). Hence the bad stats. Then i was progresing with captain points and it became stronger and stronger. IFHE is really must have bcs i always have bad luck with fire chance, and the shells shattered a lot without IFHE. Bottom line, in order to be strong you must have high skill captain and be used to play RN cruisers bcs if you are spotted outside smoke you are one dead Belfast ( everyone wants a piece of Belfast ) unlike Fiji where you can kite it out of bad situation and you can stay in smoke longer bcs of torps and noone dears to push you into smoke. Thats why i like  Fiji more than Belfast. Smoke is more important for Belfast.

But in situation when you are hunting DDs Belfast is far the best ship out there. It is better against BBs if you can sit in smoke, but we all know how many radar is out there. And as i noticed in Belfast you will get uptiered a lot. So for random it doesnt matter bcs it is a big gap between T7 and T8 ships. 

My opinion is that in some situations Belfast is very strong in other i would prefer Fiji. Both are strong ships. Belfast will do more damage overall. In the hands of good player and high skill captain  Belfast is stronger than any other T7 cruiser. All the things combined makes it strong. It is not like the only cruiser with radar in T7. In the hands of not so good or not used to RN cruisers with low point captain it is no threat at all.

When i look at ship stats and consumables between Belfast and Fiji i dont quite understand why i do in Fiji so much better. I am going to blame MM for that. :)