You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

What is this star trek??

16 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,194 posts
10,726 battles

Only way to find those cloaked Klingons is with a Tachyon scan. That or program a photon torpedo to search for ionized plasma exhausts ...

Seriously, do you cadets learn nothing at Star Fleet Academy?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 13

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
165 posts
1,496 battles

Its to show your team mates you have popped radar, Also there is a white 'pulse' that is very visible which spreads out around you your allies can see.

There were alot of valid points about people using their radar, and their teammates not helping them focus fire on the things the radar lit up not knowing they only had a 30second ish window to shoot, It's designed entirely to just make your teammates aware they don't have alot of time to shoot at whats being lit. All in all a good addition that helps teamplay.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
113 posts
2,594 battles
31 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Only way to find those cloaked Klingons is with a Tachyon scan. That or program a photon torpedo to search for ionized plasma exhausts ...

Academy's first rule is to never wear anything that even remotely resembles a red shirt. Look what usualy happens with people who wear the red color ingame. They always get shot at !

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
16 minutes ago, Barbarossa36 said:

image.gif.17beb29e2c902a815dfa30028bb74355.gif

sorry for offtopic (not that there's much topic in here to be off of..), but between your avatar, your sig and that gif there are just way too many things going on all at the same time... :fish_boom::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
3,033 posts
3,412 battles
2 hours ago, Riggerby said:

Its to show your team mates you have popped radar, Also there is a white 'pulse' that is very visible which spreads out around you your allies can see.

There were alot of valid points about people using their radar, and their teammates not helping them focus fire on the things the radar lit up not knowing they only had a 30second ish window to shoot, It's designed entirely to just make your teammates aware they don't have alot of time to shoot at whats being lit. All in all a good addition that helps teamplay.

It does something similar to the hydro as well. 

First time I saw it though, I thought "Oh hell there goes my GFX-chip".... :fish_panic:

• Funny 1

Players
1,246 posts
3,657 battles

I though this thread was going to be about those cool Space like skins I see ships with, no idea how you get those.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
454 posts
3 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

I thought this thread was going to be about those cool Space like skins I see ships with, no idea how you get those.

They had an "April Fools" event with Space Battles last year and part of that was the ability to buy or earn the Space-camos. This year they are doing the same thing again:

• Cool 1

[PN]
Players
628 posts
4,356 battles
6 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

not that there's much topic in here to be off of..

part of that sig has a lot of topic

[AAO]
Players
2,079 posts
10,444 battles
8 hours ago, Aotearas said:

tschhh...

Some of them distort the light around them, so that's also a way to find them.

Please return your degree from ST academy asap :Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue:

Beta Tester
190 posts
6,875 battles

i like the new messages, shows how many guys/gals waste consumables on a regular basis

[SCRUB]
Players
3,441 posts
11,453 battles
14 hours ago, Riggerby said:

Sadly, I think that players who never bothered / realised to shoot radared ships, will probably still never bother / realise to shoot radared ships.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,344 posts
9,784 battles

Hi all,

I also miss what the original MOD had (i.e. Monstrofil Markers IIRC) - the symbol of used option would be permanently shown over the friendly ship that is using it for the full duration of usage... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"