You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

The WG added info that compensation for Server issues can be claimable on Monday 04.03.2019. afternoon!

26 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,346 posts
9,784 battles

Hi all,

The WG added info that compensation for Server issues can be claimable on Monday 04.03.2019. afternoon!

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/the-night-is-dark-and-full-of-errors/

In the past 24 hours, we had some server issues which prevented a lot of you from playing World of Warships.

To make up for the disruption and inconvenience caused, we are offering compensation.

Those of you who played at least one battle between 14/02 23:00 UTC - 01/03 23:00 UTC will be able to claim the following:

• 1 day of Warships Premium Account time.
  • 1x Air Supply container.
  • 4x Zulu signal flags.
  • 4x Papa Papa signal flags.

You can claim your compensation on Monday, 4 March (15:00 UTC) until Monday, 18 March (23:00 UTC).

We will update this publication, with instructions on how to claim your compensation once it is available.

We sincerely apologize and appreciate your patience.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles
9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Those of you who played at least one battle between 14/02 23:00 UTC - 01/03 23:00 UTC will be able to claim the following

That seems a silly thing.....you have to had played a game to be able to claim compenstation....but what of those that were not able to log in and did not play a game ? Methinks these players were griefed most ?

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
8,198 posts
10,726 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

That seems a silly thing.....you have to had played a game to be able to claim compenstation....but what of those that were not able to log in and did not play a game ? Methinks these players were griefed most ?

Look at the timeframe during which a player has to have played at least one game to be eligible again.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,651 posts
4,793 battles
59 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Are you suggesting that WG should give the compensation to all players, good sir? Maybe even without clicking the "please have mercy" button on a dedicated web page?
How preposterous!

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

Notice that the period when you had to play a game is pretty long and starts long before the affected period. If you played a battle during the last half a month, you're eligible. Basically, to get a compensation you need to be playing the game. To be affected by the server issue AND not awarded the compensation, you'd have to be someone who came after half a month or more of not playing and just managed to be prevented from playing by the server issues (so completely that you didn't even manage a single battle until 1.03).

I don't say it's literally impossible, but...

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles

To all above....some people have to work and sleep, do family stuff and so on so could have been not playing untill logging in during the server fail.......and couldn't. So they were struck by not being able to play just as any other player not being able to play and arguably even harder because they have little time to play so couldn't catch up later.

Why should these players receive no compensation ?

And no i will be receiving it.....was playing that day. No whining, just expressing that i am wondering over the conditions of compensation.

• Boring 4

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

To all above....some people have to work and sleep, do family stuff and so on so could have been not playing untill logging in during the server fail.......and couldn't. So they were struck by not being able to play just as any other player not being able to play and arguably even harder because they have little time to play so couldn't catch up later.

Why should these players receive no compensation ?

And no i will be receiving it.....was playing that day. No whining, just expressing that i am wondering over the conditions of compensation.

They work, sleep, do family suff - to the point where they haven't played a single match for the last two weeks but suddenly got affected by server issues because they decided to go and play WoWs at that specific time when there were server problems to prevent them from having a match? Well, that's some extreme bad luck :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 3

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
6 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Hmm, you have a point there :cap_cool:

[PEC]
Players
347 posts
1,822 battles

Seems to me to be a universal giveaway to all and sundry, hardly an exclusive nod to the afflicted, more of a blanket freebie.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,129 posts
8,328 battles
10 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

with instructions on how to claim your compensation once it is available

why?

you have ALL the data WG. You can give the players the compensation automatically.... dont try to reduce the number of claims by hiding this as much as possible or worse ... wrapping this into another silly mission chain...

• Cool 2

Players
244 posts
1,407 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

why?

you have ALL the data WG. You can give the players the compensation automatically.... dont try to reduce the number of claims by hiding this as much as possible or worse ... wrapping this into another silly mission chain...

WG are saying sorry to the community, but the ability to not accept the gift is a way for all those who are sceptical and critical about WG's motives to boycott the process, reject the gift, and so not become a hypocrite. And WG automatically forcing a gift on somebody who criticises all that they do could also be kind of weird and an awkward social faux par, a bit like stalking somebody who hates you.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles

I'm more curious what sort of compensation the really affected players that haven't been able to log on since Friday are offered. They deserve a real treat.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,332 posts

u can already claim 1 day comp

2 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

I'm more curious what sort of compensation the really affected players that haven't been able to log on since Friday are offered. They deserve a real treat.

well i cant log 4 th day , so surely they need compensate my fully prem time lost , and more ,,,,

• Cool 1

Players
62 posts
7,410 battles

I think it,s very generous of WG to compensate players this way. When players not could log in for more than 14 days it,s not a error on their EU server.   I not can understand the complains because the error was only there for a couple of hours while WG give one day primium time away to players who have play 1 single game in about two weeks. On daily base i play a few games and for so far i could see there was nothing wrong except that few hours with that server problem.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles
7 minutes ago, pjotter_destroyer said:

I think it,s very generous of WG to compensate players this way. When players not could log in for more days it,s not a error on their EU server.   I not can understand the complains because the error was only there for a couple of hours while WG give one day primium time away to players who have play 1 single game in about two weeks. On daily base i play a few games and for so far i could see there was nothing wrong except that few hours with that server problem.

Those affected was redirected to another back up server and got stuck there for good.. So it is in fact a error on the server

• Cool 1

Players
62 posts
7,410 battles
12 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Those affected was redirected to another back up server and got stuck there for good.. So it is in fact a error on the server

I think when some players have a good point WG will compensate those few players on the right way. 

Things like a error on a server can happend and they not have to compensate us for that so at least we can give them a compliment to do this.

Players
473 posts
1,728 battles

To go off on a slight tangent: whoever comes up with the URLs does at least bring a bit of levity to a Monday morning :)

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles
1 minute ago, pjotter_destroyer said:

I think when some players have a good point WG will compensate those few players on the right way. 

Things like a error on a server can happend and they not have to compensate us for that so at least we can give them a compliment to do this.

I thinks is a nice move with the compensation for all. After all if servers are down they can't exactly determine who tried to play. Thanks WG!

However those who actually have lost a huge amount of potential gaming time, we're talking days, should get a real huge compensation. I hope they get it.

• Cool 2

[-RDE-]
Players
150 posts
14,988 battles
39 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

and i still cannot login, 4days now and counting

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles

Well premium time equals earning more credits, and it's mostly credits i need climbing through the tech tree. And credits i could not earn not being able to play. I guess that is proper compensation.

Now only to get it.....it's monday, but i haven't seen any method of claiming yet.

Players
16 posts
13,590 battles

so here we go, right after claiming my compensation, I'm trying to play. And guess what, repeatedly getting this screen instead of a battle... I smell another round of compensation...

shot-19.03.04_11.33.53-0315.jpg

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Well premium time equals earning more credits, and it's mostly credits i need climbing through the tech tree. And credits i could not earn not being able to play. I guess that is proper compensation.

Now only to get it.....it's monday, but i haven't seen any method of claiming yet.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/the-night-is-dark-and-full-of-errors/

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,478 battles

This needs to be back to the top of page one since it is now active ^

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
7,094 battles
16 minutes ago, Xanta99 said:

This needs to be back to the top of page one since it is now active ^

Especially since the servers today also "issued" around...