Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Procrastes

"Transaction processing error" - again?!!!

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,294 posts
2,482 battles

I just got tossed out of an ongoing game. When I managed to log back on, I found that I could no longer switch signal flags or camouflage patterns on my ships, due to a "Transaction processing error. Please try again later." This thing, in the past, also prevented me from moving commanders between ships, so it's quite disruptive to the gameplay.

My impression is that these "transaction processing errors" have started to happen more and more frequently during the last couple of months. Without wanting to sound overly petulant, I must say that they are fairly annoying. As my life is currently organized, I usually have to plan ahead in order to get a few hours of game time. I can't  always just log out and try again later - not without it becoming, perforce, a whole lot of days later, anyway.

New ship lines and reworked carriers and historical collections are all fine and engaging - no sarcasm intended - but they all come second to having a working game. @MrConway, there is a rumour that you can be summoned by speaking you name aloud on the forum. Can you perhaps shed some light on this matter? Are these transaction errors becoming more common? Is there something we, as players, can do to stop them from happening?

• Cool 1

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

when u get kicked out or game or logged out mid battle, it happens and it goes away after restarting client and waiting a bit

[TTT]
Players
4,294 posts
7,937 battles

ye been repeatedly getting those Transaction Errors all day as well, along with a couple other bugs... pretty annoying, especially since the latest patch was supposed to improve the port UI, not make it even worse :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,294 posts
2,482 battles
15 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

when u get kicked out or game or logged out mid battle, it happens and it goes away after restarting client and waiting a bit

14 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

most of time geting fixed after restart game

Yes, this has been my experience as well, so far. But these interruptions are annoying all the same.

14 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

ye been repeatedly getting those Transaction Errors all day as well, along with a couple other bugs... pretty annoying, especially since the latest patch was supposed to improve the port UI, not make it even worse :Smile_sceptic:

So it's not just me, then. I guess that rules out the possibility of the problem being on my side of the connection, which is good to know. Is there any information on what the problem stems from? Or if we can hope for it to be fixed?

• Cool 2

[PN]
Players
594 posts
4,242 battles

@Procrastes

I am just speculating so please take with a grain of salt.

Usually one getting tossed out of the game is due to loss of connection. Even if this loss is very short in time when connection is reestablished one gets a new IP address.

Maybe and just maybe, this could be at the root of the problem. When one logs in to the game one's IP might be registered (very plausible as the server has to send data directly and only to the client). If mid game said IP changes a transaction error occurs as there is some conflict between the registered IP and the new one. This is also compatible with the remedy. Just restart the game. The game restarts, registers the new IP and no problem.

I repeat this is speculative. 

Regards

Saltface 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles
20 hours ago, Procrastes said:

I just got tossed out of an ongoing game. When I managed to log back on, I found that I could no longer switch signal flags or camouflage patterns on my ships, due to a "Transaction processing error. Please try again later." This thing, in the past, also prevented me from moving commanders between ships, so it's quite disruptive to the gameplay.

My impression is that these "transaction processing errors" have started to happen more and more frequently during the last couple of months. Without wanting to sound overly petulant, I must say that they are fairly annoying. As my life is currently organized, I usually have to plan ahead in order to get a few hours of game time. I can't  always just log out and try again later - not without it becoming, perforce, a whole lot of days later, anyway.

New ship lines and reworked carriers and historical collections are all fine and engaging - no sarcasm intended - but they all come second to having a working game. @MrConway, there is a rumour that you can be summoned by speaking you name aloud on the forum. Can you perhaps shed some light on this matter? Are these transaction errors becoming more common? Is there something we, as players, can do to stop them from happening?

This is not something that can or should become the norm, but unfortunately we had some issues with our servers over the last few days and this is likely connected.

Obviously this is unacceptable and making sure this is resolved permanently is our top priority.

But there is nothing you can do, this was an issue entirely on our side!

Beta Tester
2,294 posts
2,482 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

This is not something that can or should become the norm, but unfortunately we had some issues with our servers over the last few days and this is likely connected.

Obviously this is unacceptable and making sure this is resolved permanently is our top priority.

But there is nothing you can do, this was an issue entirely on our side!

Thanks for the swift and informative reply, as per usual! :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this