Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AronForce

Double standards at its finest

9 comments in this topic

Players
95 posts
2,165 battles

So they are putting railguns on soviet bbs. Why? Because they are intended to brawling? Then why is the german dispersion still abysmal? If you want to make brawling more attractive then give the railguns to the other brawlers aswell. Because currently german ships are left in the dirt

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,853 battles
26 minutes ago, AronForce said:

So they are putting railguns on soviet bbs. Why? Because they are intended to brawling? Then why is the german dispersion still abysmal? If you want to make brawling more attractive then give the railguns to the other brawlers aswell. Because currently german ships are left in the dirt

It's like a railgun at ranges below 15km, past that they have worse dispersion than even the Germans so I've been told. Also they have an above water citadel which doesn't have turtleback armour nor do they have the near impervious bow with its mostly 60mm plating with only the tip being 32mm (the tier 10 only get the lower half of their bow at 50mm, which isn't much use at close range with a 460mm gun, the Moskva is actually tankier in that regard because that 50mm covers more of the middle of bow, where more shots are likely to land) and enough secondaries to turn the game into a bullet hell shooter. The Kurrywurst is actually a better brawling ship than the Ruskies by the looks of things and is one of the few ships to .

Ruskies have shockingly awful secondaries for brawling ships.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,270 posts
11,677 battles
46 minutes ago, AronForce said:

German BB are strong at close range because of their layout, not because of their mainguns

RU BB are supposed to be strong at close range because of their mainguns. The rest of the ship does not really support close quarter fighting.

These are two different concepts, not a double standard. Btw. RU BB design is not finished.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles

Don't the 280 mm German battleships actually have rail guns ?

Such as https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/railway_gun/eisenbahngeschutz-28-cm-schwere-bruno-railway-gun-france/

You didn't mean that kind of rail gun did you ? :-)))))

Awesome to see how big some of these battleship guns actually are if they are not mounted in turrets and people stand around them. No need for electromagnetic rail guns.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,633 posts
4,753 battles

vvsOCgL.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
238 posts
1,388 battles

From the streams I've watched it appears to back up the long range advantage versus the short range fragility, problem is who in a Random Battle going to stick their hand in the air and say 'Please, please, let me go and get in close!'?

Players
66 posts
8,619 battles

Kreml is not even close to knocking out Kurry from the top brawlers position. Strap IFHE in your GK and learn to close quarters. Just yesterday I toke out Jean Bart, Montana and Yamato while having to face the two latter on my own. 100k damage with secondaries and fires alone. All of them shocked when they faced me and clearly showing they didn't know how to play close quarters. Total lack of skill is very common with todays BBs as expected.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,621 posts
6,070 battles

I know this is not about the point you are trying to make,

but just so you know,

The term "RAIL GUN" has nothing to do with dispersion but is about with the gun arcs.

Because very flat gun arcs is a theme for russian cruisers, it is called rail guns :)

As far as I've known anyway...

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this