You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Felixshoen

End of an Era

106 comments in this topic

Players
5,748 posts
10,729 battles
9 hours ago, Akula971 said:

My two cents, as a veteran DD player, and now CV player.

First ships that I target are destroyers, spot them, cause them to smoke up, harass them, remove as much HP as I can from them. If I'm searching for a destroyer but have not spotted it then Wargaming give me a big hint that I'm close by telling me my planes are spotted, so a simple circular search finds him. This is a very bad mechanic that needs to be dropped.

If I'm attacking in my planes, I get a nice warning that a destroyer is close by to the carrier, allowing me to break off my attack (F key), scramble a fresh squadron to find and harass him, whilst my carrier runs away. This is also wrong, and needs to be dropped too. The element of surprise is removed.

You forgot about reinstating stealth firing (but only for DD to keep the element of surprise). And about removing spotting torps from planes, BB AP pen and radar spotting + instablapping...oh wait.

But seriously now, you want to dumb down the game even further? The spotting mechanism is a big part of the game and by removing it for DDs you are basically making them immune and impossible to retaliate against. Yes, you are certainly a veteran DD player, it's easy to tell yes.

Players
5,944 posts
10,111 battles
17 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

But seriously now, you want to dumb down the game even further? The spotting mechanism is a big part of the game and by removing it for DDs you are basically making them immune and impossible to retaliate against. Yes, you are certainly a veteran DD player, it's easy to tell yes.

@Akula971 is right tho. This "sixth sense" is the most stupid thing that exists. Has nothing to do with making DDs immune. Against cruisers - fine. Since they can stealth AA. But against DDs? The info, that your own plane is detected is, looking at the impact, between Radar and RPF. WGs try to make planes behave like surface ships is just stupid.

• Cool 2

Players
5,748 posts
10,729 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

@Akula971 is right tho. This "sixth sense" is the most stupid thing that exists.

This is true for all the ship classes and is not specific for DDs, but he makes it seem as if it is.

I always found it an odd mechanic, but I thought it was just a wows thing.

So yes, you are kinda right about this bit here.

And no he is not right.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,370 posts
14,066 battles
3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Fire duration on CVs is 5 seconds ... so what would a high fire chance accomplish ? The fires don't stick anyway.

Then they should, at least from ship borne munitions. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
8,372 posts
8,571 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This is true for all the ship classes and is not specific for DDs, but he makes it seem as if it is.

I always found it an odd mechanic, but I thought it was just a wows thing.

Removing that from all classes would make DDs much stronger you know? And you are kinda argueing that DDs are already OP so... not sure where you are going with this :Smile-_tongue:

As it is right now: Situational awareness can help the CV vs AA Cruisers too. If you are spotted, and you kinda expect a Cruiser to be there, you pretty much are able to guess where he is and dont fly into his AA. But with tomorrows Hotfix, flying into AA is not so much a thing anymore, as the ship will be spotted at the same time, and not while you are already in his AA range.

Players
5,748 posts
10,729 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Removing that from all classes would make DDs much stronger you know? And you are kinda argueing that DDs are already OP so... not sure where you are going with this :Smile-_tongue:

Yes I know, you know? And actually, I have no idea where you are going with this whatsoever.

As it is right now: Situational awareness can help the CV vs AA Cruisers too. If you are spotted, and you kinda expect a Cruiser to be there, you pretty much are able to guess where he is and dont fly into his AA. But with tomorrows Hotfix, flying into AA is not so much a thing anymore, as the ship will be spotted at the same time, and not while you are already in his AA range.

I wasn't aware there was a hotfix incoming for tomorrow? But thanks for the headsup :Smile_great: