You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Felixshoen

End of an Era

106 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
3,196 posts
8,329 battles

You are only describing one situation. T10 CV game. Go and take a T8 CV and take it to T10 game. You will see how real uselessness feels like.

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,972 battles
3 minutes ago, Felixshoen said:

I like ForlornSailer tho. His cruiser and DD's stats are within 40 points of mine yet he talks down to me like i was some scrub.

Please be accurate. Its 41,22 points aka %.

trolololo.png.dea1c864c99eb514245828de8e893bac.png

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[T_I_W]
Players
161 posts
10,220 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

You are only describing one situation. T10 CV game. Go and take a T8 CV and take it to T10 game. You will see how real uselessness feels like.

Shokaku, yes

Lexington, umm no??

After i upgraded to Midway i actually couldnt achieve the same impact as i was getting in the Lexi for quite some time.

Even uptiered +2 Lexi was actually fairly capable.

Even downtiered -2 Shokaku feels awful.

WG said something lately about balancing the gameplay in general before they look at specific ships etc, probably in a few months time they will make Shokaku playable again

[SUNKD]
[SUNKD]
Players
12 posts
6,885 battles

hahahhahahhahhaaa.  Personal rating. not win rate.  and certainly not win rate in 3 ship division. good lord!  But, best troll today, so that's something.  And with that i'm off to play EVE

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[T_I_W]
Players
161 posts
10,220 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Please be accurate. Its 41,22 points aka %.

trolololo.png.dea1c864c99eb514245828de8e893bac.png

:Smile_veryhappy:

You shouldnt try to stat shame people when all you do is play carry divisions. there is a filter for SOLO + Div(2) + Div(3)

Compare yourself to his stats using those filters....

stats.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,972 battles
Just now, Ilya_Wolf said:

You shouldnt try to stat shame people when all you do is play carry divisions. there is a filter for SOLO + Div(2) + Div(3) 

Compare yourself to his stats using those filters....

Uh another one is triggered. Played solo only when I started the game. Still better then his newest Fletcher WR. And I dont whine around in the forum. Oopsie, pwnd...

https://media.tenor.com/images/c32f5649c3fd971207c73f0952aca336/tenor.png

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[T_I_W]
Players
161 posts
10,220 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Uh another one is triggered. Played solo only when I started the game. Still better then his newest Fletcher WR. And I dont whine around in the forum. Oopsie, pwnd...

https://media.tenor.com/images/c32f5649c3fd971207c73f0952aca336/tenor.png

Oh No! i called out a troll!

Nice of you to conveniently snip out the number of battles on your fletcher comparison aswell, he has played 20x more battles than you.

Who is the one triggered here really? :Smile_child:

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,972 battles
Just now, Ilya_Wolf said:

Nice of you to conveniently snip out the number of battles on your fletcher comparison aswell, he has played 20x more battles than you. 

Yea... shouldnt he be much better with all his experiance? Yet he hardly has any influence at all.

btw, in case you missed it: he started bringing up stats. As did you towards me. So you better call yourself a troll, because you started it :Smile_glasses:

• Bad 1

[B-A-R]
Players
156 posts
9,957 battles

I am doing much better as DD player in matches where CV's are around. With 2 CV's in the game, I'm getting destroyed the first 5 minutes or a little bit later when the CV's has other targets first. On general, with 2 CV's in the game, you are fucked up as DD player no matter what you do.

With 1 CV player in the game, you can do better, because most of the time, the team accepts you  play more tactical. They accept you dont rush for a cap, or you dont rush against Radar Cruisers. When there are no CV's in the game, the team expect you cap, no matter how many radarcruisers are in the game. 

As DD player, I have to keep a distance from the opponent between 10 and 12 km. That is huge…. Some players doesn't accept that or not comprehand that. But for me as DD player, it's the distance between staying in the game or be fired out of the water. 

2/3 of my games are as DD player. I simply like that class. I can't aim properly with other ships, so nice there are DD's in the game. What I despite most in the game, is that others may blame you everytime when the team loose, no matter what your own performance is. They may report you, even you end up within the first 3 of the team. They get a message everytime that they report you ' thanks for your activity, you are improving the game ' and for some it's even a reason to insult you in port afterwards. WG, never cares. When I take a printscreen and report them of the messages they send to me, WG is Always answering me back that I may report them ingame also. But I do also but when it's get too rough, I report them directly also despite what WG is prefering. WG is actually supporting 'cyberbylling'. WG shall never stop, untill they gonna have face a courtroom about it. Then you shall see, WG shall immediattelly stop supporting this feature. In other words, they shall take it out. 

I do read the forums, even used to ask ingame questions and sometimes I answer also. But what I see how many insults many may use against other players, I simply get disguesssed about it. Have respect for the other players to start in the first place. Even you are an 'unicum' as player, it doesn't give you any right to insult other players in the game. 

You may check my account and my stats. I'm the lowest in the clan, even I'm the clanleader. For me it's all fine, as long I self like to play the game. I don't care what other thinks of my stats. But when it gets me personally that I have to take all the crap and [edited] from other players for it, then I easily quit also. 

I know also that Conway supporting the 'unicums'. He even wrote in the past that players may play 100 games and still shall be bad in the game. I play 1.000 games and still I'm bad. Is that a reason I may not play the game anymore ? 

Because that's the difference. I self can accept that a lot of players are better then me, and I self don't have any problems with it. But when I get insulted all the time for my time on the game, then it becomes a problem. 

Most forumusers here are self responsible to push players out of the game. 

• Cool 2

[T_I_W]
Players
161 posts
10,220 battles
4 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

WG shall immediattelly stop supporting this feature. In other words, they shall take it out. 

The report/compliment feature is merely a placebo, besides the rumored ability for enough chat related reports to earn someone a chatban.

Karma is meaningless, you are better off forgetting it exists if you can...

There is a blacklist option when right clicking people, this should stop them spamming you with toxic messages (though it doesnt always seem to work)

Unfortunately the discussions on how players can improve their gameplay are almost always derailed by trolls who just want to make themselves feel better by insulting "worse" players.

It is a bit like how players ingame will go on and on about how awful a player you are when they are at the bottom of the scoreboard.

World of Tanks has a similarly toxic community, WG does not seem too bothered by it.

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,870 battles

See the problem you're having is that you get spotted. Meanwhile, in Soviet Russia, the DDs couldn't give a flying flook about being spotted. In fact It feels like a natural state to them...but then they are basically just small cruisers (probably why I like them so much) so sticking with your fleet at the start is pretty much the norm for them. Even baited in some rocket planes straight into the firing line of an enemy Worc a few times. I swear CVs get a bloodlust the moment they see a DD.

Players
1,651 posts
8,644 battles

I will admit that I had a chuckle when I bounced into a Domination game in my Haida, looked at the enemy line up and saw seven radar ships (Missouri, Buffalo, Chapayev, Edinburgh, Indianapolis x2, Hseinyang) on the enemy team but it didn't seem to be too much of a problem with the way the game went. The same with CVs and Destroyers, you can't charge a DD into a cap anymore without support, and I actually quite like that. It seems to have given cruisers more of a role than just hiding behind an island and spamming HE, the fact that CVs spot so many ships so early means that BBs can't hide at the back and snipe, and DDs now seem to be about more than 14pt captain stealth wins.... while I don't like playing CVs the recent Hotfix has got the gameplay into a happier place. CVs can't harass DDs the way that they originally did but players of all classes are having to think a little bit more about what they do rather than "play the meta", and it's a refreshing change.

[NWP]
Players
5,347 posts
6,750 battles
2 minutes ago, Ilya_Wolf said:

Unfortunately the discussions on how players can improve their gameplay are almost always derailed by trolls who just want to make themselves feel better by insulting "worse" players.

It is a bit like how players ingame will go on and on about how awful a player you are when they are at the bottom of the scoreboard.

No, you are wrong here.

People who come to the forum asking for advice in a normal/calm manner, they WILL always get help, in a constructive way without being insulted.

Other people, who come to the forums to vent and start throwing insults (troll accusations) around, will get a response equal to their own :fish_book: He litereally did so in his opening post... Why? Dunno. He just asks for it, so he gets proven right (why anyone would want this is beyond me tho)

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,972 battles
1 minute ago, Hundigo said:

I do read the forums, even used to ask ingame questions and sometimes I answer also. But what I see how many insults many may use against other players, I simply get disguesssed about it. Have respect for the other players to start in the first place. Even you are an 'unicum' as player, it doesn't give you any right to insult other players in the game. 

The thing is: It depends how you present yourself. Dont symphasize with someone, because he has similar stats as you. And in return, dont talk down on people with better stats or hate them for some reason. People are different. Someone stomping in the forums, raging, thinking he knows it all, deserves nothing better. You look for honest advice - im the first to help you out. You can ask tons of players here, I dont make fun of anyone, that comes to the forums, asking for real advice on how to get better. Doesnt matter how bad his stats are. I have respect for people, that deserve to be respected. The others? screw them.

7 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

What I despite most in the game, is that others may blame you everytime when the team loose, no matter what your own performance is. They may report you, even you end up within the first 3 of the team

People are quick to point the finger. However, some of them might be right. The thing is: you need to differentiate between angry plebs and constructive critic, even if it comes in bad shape. During the game, people are often dissappointed when they see huge missplays. Chances are, you do make them. Ofc everyone makes them, better players just make more better decisions. So try not to get triggered by the comments and try to think "does he maybe have a point?" This way, you can use even angry comments to your advantage. Nobody cares anyway who says what, its the internet, people literally cant personally insult you - because they´d need to know you personally for that. Same goes for reports. And, as I even suggested to OP: you can always use the forum as a source and ask for help on how to improve, if you want to. If someone doesnt want to: fine. But dont expect any sympathy coming to the forums with whine.

[SP4WN]
Players
164 posts
16,955 battles

With the 8.0. patch they killed 2 classes, CVs and DDs. You hardly can do anything  in a DD with the now BUFFED radars of cruisers and if there is a CV in the game... forget it.

I really dont know what´s going on in the heads of the Devs, it´s surely not to make the game more versatile. It seems that the last patch was aimed at console players and the worst players because CV gameplay was dumbed down control wise and all the radar buffs + the indicator who is using sonar/radar...

Instead of solving the issue that the player base is getting increasingly bad - with the "help" of the above strategiy - WG is pumping out new ships, making a lot of stuff more expensive (Alaska 1mil free XP!!! or 65€  WTF) and making the game more and more unstable with stupid things like sound buffs, additional indicators like in WoT aso.

You don´t need brains/skills any more just buy overpriced ships and other prem stuff, WG is solving the rest for you even if you play worse at T10 as a bot in CoOp...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
17,738 posts
11,751 battles
Just now, _TinPan_ said:

With the 8.0. patch they killed 2 classes, CVs and DDs. You hardly can do anything  in a DD with the now BUFFED radars of cruisers and if there is a CV in the game... forget it.

Looks like the playerbase disagrees with you.

[SP4WN]
Players
164 posts
16,955 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Looks like the playerbase disagrees with you.

Not really. Just look at the amount of CVs and DDs in games...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
17,738 posts
11,751 battles
8 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

Not really. Just look at the amount of CVs and DDs in games...

That is why I said it...

[T_I_W]
Players
161 posts
10,220 battles
22 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

the now BUFFED radars of cruisers

ummm.. what?

they just made it significantly easier to understand the range of radars and at the same time gave you a 5 second window to get the hell outta the line of fire

this change makes those "radar trap" caps on certain maps alot less dangerous, since only 1 ship will be able to fire at you immediately and if he can shoot you, he will probably be overextending and getting shot at by your team!

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

On topic... There are hardly any cvs to meet atm, and when there are, dds are still very viable and powerful. The game is changing by the week, but currently - if you think dds have a tough time, you probably need to learn a few things.

You are right....i'm sure my stats say otherwise but i had a few very succesful randoms in DD winning and ending up 1st place  ( have screenshot if required ) while i do not use them much. Then again there were no CV, there are very few CV now.

Even i don't use CV now. Not out of protest or because i think WG ruiined them with too much/specific gameplay damaging  nerfing ( actually i do think that ) but because of the Exeter missions forcing me to play UK DD and CL, the Perth i have and US DD and CA/CL. The missions are far to hard ( or time consuming )  to accomplish to play other stuff now. If other CV players do that too, then it's WG that caused this but not by nerfing the CV but WG not overseeying consequences of their own actions, this time by unhelpful mission requirements causing the target class to play the class that targets the target class too......so there are no targets  :-)))

Players
1,107 posts
9,190 battles

Low tier is just sh!t to play as a DD right now. Each game there are four carriers.

Can someone tell me how you are supposed to be of any use when youre perma spotted the entire game in a T3-5 DD by double squadrons of planes?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[B-A-R]
Players
156 posts
9,957 battles
30 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

The thing is: It depends how you present yourself. Dont symphasize with someone, because he has similar stats as you. And in return, dont talk down on people with better stats or hate them for some reason. People are different. Someone stomping in the forums, raging, thinking he knows it all, deserves nothing better. You look for honest advice - im the first to help you out. You can ask tons of players here, I dont make fun of anyone, that comes to the forums, asking for real advice on how to get better. Doesnt matter how bad his stats are. I have respect for people, that deserve to be respected. The others? screw them.

People are quick to point the finger. However, some of them might be right. The thing is: you need to differentiate between angry plebs and constructive critic, even if it comes in bad shape. During the game, people are often dissappointed when they see huge missplays. Chances are, you do make them. Ofc everyone makes them, better players just make more better decisions. So try not to get triggered by the comments and try to think "does he maybe have a point?" This way, you can use even angry comments to your advantage. Nobody cares anyway who says what, its the internet, people literally cant personally insult you - because they´d need to know you personally for that. Same goes for reports. And, as I even suggested to OP: you can always use the forum as a source and ask for help on how to improve, if you want to. If someone doesnt want to: fine. But dont expect any sympathy coming to the forums with whine.

I don't agree with your post. When play 'division' with my clanmates, they understand when I turn away from a cap for example. The know, 'he's been radared'. We use discord also on that time, so we communicate with each other also. 

In random, you are supposed to be a 'team'. I never can think of any decent explanation of it, because in a Random match, you only play together 'ones a year'.... It' indeed totally 'random'. 

If you play most of your matches as DD, you Always gonna have the lowest stats. No matter what you do. But I have much better results with the new CV upgrade. It's not because I've seen the light all of a sudden, it's just I can play more like I Always wished it. The 'Random team' accept it more, ones there's a CV involved. 

I never had any issue with the forum self. I've also explained that. But when you read all the forumtopics, you can not deny that 'Conway' has a favor for 'unicum' players then the rest of the forumusers. When they post, even with insults to other players, all is fine. But when some would do the same with bad stats, you gonna find his/her post "edited" in red !!!  + he violated the GDPR rules . You can Always tell you are not intrested in the GDPR rules, but as gamedevelopper that spreads the game to different servers and country's, you have to be aware of it. And to make it verry clear, I also contacted Conway in private about it. I wrote him that he is violating the GDPR rules. And I even give him an example where he did it. 

I've been in 2 previous clans. Both had 2/3 inactives. I left them both but when I would joined a third one, there seems to be the same problem so we decided to start a new one. That's how I became commander.  What I see now is , we have as clan the same problem. And these problems became by the new update's we had in the recent pas. 

I'm not in to solve the issue's WG has created  and that I have to support and to conduct gameplayers behavior because of the huge mistakes WG is making with the updates. Players doesn't like the updates, and WG has to accept it. But they don't do. And what surprised me most; most of the players had the same issue with WoT, what is the same company. Most players stopped that game, but joined this one; I self never played WoT and I shall never do neither. 

I do know something about economic rules. 1) You do changes when you can afford it as company. Means you've calculated losses already in. That's why you implement them when you are at your highest piek. 2) You need to have a back up when it goes wrong. For me it seems they had with WoW when they've !mplemented the changes at WoT. Do they have it now ? It seems not. 

3)  You use the accomidities players use to feel they are a community. Does WG use that ? Yes, but at the same time, they don't have any controll over it. So it can go badly wrong with their assumptions. 

4) With the result; it can go badly wrong for WG when they've misinterpretaded the behavior of the gamers on general. 

2/3 of the clan is again inactive. They are still gamers, but not for this one. And I'm sick of it to support or to motivate other gamers for this game when WG is doing their own stuff without knowing what the game community likes and dislikes about this game. 

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
316 posts
15,006 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Are we playing the same game cause I really havent seen a decline in amount of DDs per battle. What I have seen is a huge decline in CVs. CVs are virtually none existant in high tiers.

Really ???, this MM is common these days...

Bez názvu-1.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
3,614 posts
8,369 battles
4 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

I have been playing this game for 3 years. Nowadays I can see several games without any DD and many games with max 1 DD each side. Not counting the first day of new BB/CA/CL lines this is something I haven't seen before.

I had one (ONE) game with no DDs and it was a real exception (mostly US/RN cruisers trying to get those 30 plane kills).

Each team consisted of 2 battleships and 10 cruisers! That was weird as heck! :cap_book:

But DD numbers have absolutely not gone down. Also not just because you say so. I see so many games with 4 DDs each side, the limit of 4 max is still needed for DDs.

EDIT: Now I had a count of my matches the last 3 days. What you describe was totally not what I printscreened. You probably FEEL as if there's fewer DDs in the game then there are in reality.

So far I counted in 18 matches:

0xDD 1 (this was the weird match with 10 cruisers each)

1xDD 1

2xDD 3

3xDD 8

4xDD 5

I don't see any lack of DDs here. And what you state is certainly not true unless your data is somehow corrupt or inaccurate.

How many games did you MEASURE the amount of DDs? Or are these experiences of yours mere underbelly feels?

• Cool 2