Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shammyzap

Deliberate friendly fire?

9 comments in this topic

[W0LF]
Players
3 posts
1,365 battles

Edit: The incident is near the end of the match.

This is the first time i've ever experienced a team mate deliberately shoot at me, what should i do?

i cant see a section on ticket creation to report such an issue.

I've attached the replay if you'd like to see the incident.

Cheers!

p.s. criticism of my gameplay is also welcome :)

Edited*

Replay link removed from the message due to naming&shaming.

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,853 battles

Ok easy to see why. The Cleveland was basically very salty and thought you stole his kill when that conquerer was probably about to kill him if you hadn't shot him.

First things first. You aim your AP as if you're aiming HE. Remember, waterline for AP if you catch a ship broadside, top of the deck for HE. Secondly, that fight with the Yamato could have been a hell of a lot easier for you. There Yamato sisters (her and the Musashi) have a glaring weakness when angled the way the one fighting you was. Just below the first turret is a little cheek that despite appearances is actually flat at that angle. Now you may be thinking that would just lead to normal pens BUT it actually leads straight through to the Citadel, meaning at the range you were, you could have punched through it and hit several shots straight to the citadel and taken her out in 2-3 salvos.

JiLVOJk.png

Notice in the picture its angled just as the Yamato was to you. I've surprised more than a few Yamato sister captains by hitting the spot and suddenly blowing them out the water at close range.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,127 posts
8,304 battles

All TK is handled by automated system. WG does not deal with any reports sent to support.

[W0LF]
Players
3 posts
1,365 battles
47 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

Ok easy to see why. The Cleveland was basically very salty and thought you stole his kill when that conquerer was probably about to kill him if you hadn't shot him.

First things first. You aim your AP as if you're aiming HE. Remember, waterline for AP if you catch a ship broadside, top of the deck for HE. Secondly, that fight with the Yamato could have been a hell of a lot easier for you. There Yamato sisters (her and the Musashi) have a glaring weakness when angled the way the one fighting you was. Just below the first turret is a little cheek that despite appearances is actually flat at that angle. Now you may be thinking that would just lead to normal pens BUT it actually leads straight through to the Citadel, meaning at the range you were, you could have punched through it and hit several shots straight to the citadel and taken her out in 2-3 salvos.

JiLVOJk.png

Notice in the picture its angled just as the Yamato was to you. I've surprised more than a few Yamato sister captains by hitting the spot and suddenly blowing them out the water at close range.

I did not realise this was a weak spot. i thought it would richochet at that angle. In future i will target this spot. Thanks for your advice, and cool picture! :D

The cleveland even called for assistance just before i shot the conqueror.

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,853 battles

Ah I can't take credit for the picture, that was found through a google search. Yeah not sure what the cleveland was thinking. Yes he could have taken him out with his IFHE 152mm through the nose of the Conqueror but that was a bit of a gamble on whether the Conq was about to reload or not.

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, DrMechano said:

JiLVOJk.png

You are not an evil person, but divulging such info you've been a crime in times of war :fish_viking:

• Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
3 hours ago, Shammyzap said:

This is the first time i've ever experienced a team mate deliberately shoot at me, what should i do?

that mostly just means you've been lucky - it's relatively rare, but it does happen every now and then.

The automated system takes care of punishment (pink, warning and reflected team damage for first offenders, Orange and confinement to Coop only for repeat offenders).

• Cool 1

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,853 battles

Well hopefully it also makes Yamato sister players aware that they can't just derp around and expect to tank through everything, so think of it as a PSA for both non-IJN Captains and Yamato sister captains :fish_glass:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,147 posts
6,766 battles

I'd suggest that you remove the replay - it's considered 'naming and shaming' in this instance.  I did that a while ago and got a warning from a moderator.

Sign in to follow this