Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GudmundurG

The joy of new powerful T8 Battleship - 1 Match

13 comments in this topic

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Why would you? Mind elaborating?

• Cool 1

[HAMAR]
Players
136 posts
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Why would you? Mind elaborating?

I was making fun of my expectation after grinding the British BB line and finally getting T8 Monarch.

Is it true she is the worst T8 BB in the game?    In one game the enemy team was so full of joy over that opponent that they mentioned it in the chat

Beta Tester
2,629 posts
10,185 battles

Monarch is not strong, and everybody knows it. 

Also play TX yourself, if you cannot compete in a T8 BB. I don't mind the challenge. 

[BS4]
Players
933 posts
5,802 battles
27 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

I did not feel the power!

2079698375_Monarchmatchcropp.thumb.jpg.5cd3ced26cf4bf0ed8a1daf59c8d2e6d.jpg

Ahhh I see tier VIII working as intended still....lovely:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[M_OB]
Players
500 posts
4,258 battles

I loved Monarch, really did. One of my favorite T8 BBs actualy. I think people obsess about using AP on her thou, the AP isnt good. The HE is actualy good, it has a lower firechance than the rest of the line but it still sets fires and it still does massive damage. It also tanks damage way better than KGV.

A funny thing with it is that cruisers expect you to shoot HE so they are more inclined to show broadside and then you can just blap them out of the water.

• Cool 1

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
1 hour ago, GudmundurG said:

I did not feel the power!

2079698375_Monarchmatchcropp.thumb.jpg.5cd3ced26cf4bf0ed8a1daf59c8d2e6d.jpg

At least you weren't a tier 8 carrier :Smile-_tongue:

But seriously, for me matchmaking has been kinda really bad lately. I get bottom tier most of the time regardless of what tier boat I'm in.

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles
1 hour ago, GudmundurG said:

I was making fun of my expectation after grinding the British BB line and finally getting T8 Monarch.

Is it true she is the worst T8 BB in the game?    In one game the enemy team was so full of joy over that opponent that the mentioned it in the chat

Nope.

image.thumb.png.a603798af3ca27ef0f6b38374dd09efc.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190302/eu_week/average_ship.html

But it is known that she is not that strong.

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,763 battles

I don't understand this crying. My Excel spreadsheet says everything is all right. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
595 posts
5,655 battles
2 hours ago, GudmundurG said:

Is it true she is the worst T8 BB in the game?    In one game the enemy team was so full of joy over that opponent that they mentioned it in the chat

I find it a bit like the Churchill VII in WoT - a tank you find pathetically inadequate in its MM spread, and one that you can't wait to grind past. However, you then glance at the stats and are shocked to find its actually one of your top performers! How on earth did that happen?!

So it is with Monarch: MM usually means you are the token sacrificial tier8 in a tier10 battle, where even a DD can gun you down one-on-one. Somehow, though, my Monarch has my second-highest RN BB winrate at 60% - second to the Duke of York at 68%, which I regard as an even worse ship! Truly, WG games work in mysterious ways...

[PN]
Players
632 posts
4,356 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

image.thumb.png.a603798af3ca27ef0f6b38374dd09efc.png

Tirpitz and Tirpitz B are identical ships, right?

If I am not wrong with the above statement how come they have this difference in the table above?

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles

They are played by different players in different numbers.

Tirpitz B players have more hardcore Tirpitz fans among them (otherwise you would not buy the ship twice). These know how to play the ship.

While these players also play the Tirpitz, their relative number is lower. And there are more Tirpitz player who do not know how to play the ship.

Sign in to follow this