You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Yamato vs Musashi fighter plane duration changed?

18 comments in this topic

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles

I haven't played my Musashi or Yamato much lately, but the Musashi had one special thing going for it and this was the extended duration of Musashis fighter planes.

It fighter consumable duration was 3 minutes for Musashi instead of the 1 1/2 minutes for the Yamato. Pre carrier rework, of course.

But I noticed that post rework, the catapult fighter duration for Musashi and Yamato are both 60 seconds now? I'm thinking this is a bug or an oversight. The increased duration of its catapult consumables was actually part of the ship's box o' gimmicks and one which I particularly liked.

I decided to not go through my old pile of screenshots, but instead found a couple youtube videos which highlight this feature that was specific to Musashi.

I posted 2 links to 2 youtube videos, with time stamps at the moment the catapult fighter is launched (inside the spoiler).

Spoiler

Musashi 3 minute duration consumable

Spoiler

Yamato regular fighter catapult consumable duration, 1 1/2 minutes

Spoiler

Apparently, Musashi did get a longer duration spotter plane compared to Yamato, but the longer duration fighter plane was apparently omitted or forgotten?

I'm not sure about spotter planes, but I hardly use those except ona  few select ships (like mid-tier Russian cruisers).

I don't think there's an actual bugreporting section on the forums? So I posted it here instead.

The spotter plane does have a longer duration but the fighter plane does not anymore. I'd like to request the Musashi get back its extended duration fighter plane, since it appears to be an oversight to have removed it and because to me this is part of the Musashi experience (I don't use the spotter on either Musashi or Yamato).

Regards

Obligatory @ tagging :cap_horn:

@MrConway @Crysantos :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[-RM-]
Players
374 posts
5,263 battles

I thought this was intentional, I used to use the fighter on Mushi for the torp spotting (and occasional plane shot down).

Staying close to AA ships is the ticket when in the Mushi nowadays.

Have actually given it up and use the spotter instead for them extra drop shots over islands and into smoke.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Hardly surprising when bad programing and balancing with a 20lb sledgehammer are the way to go, you mean to say they forgot something obvious? You dont say...

• Cool 4

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
2 hours ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Pretty sure it was only longer spotter plane duration for the Musashi.

Fighter plane consumable had longer duration on Musashi then on Yamato. Twice as long actually, when you check out the youtube links whiuch display the actual use of these consumables.

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
320 posts
4,444 battles
34 minuti fa, NothingButTheRain ha scritto:

Fighter plane consumable had longer duration on Musashi then on Yamato. Twice as long actually, when you check out the youtube links whiuch display the actual use of these consumables.

Also shorter cooldown if I remember correctly. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
1 minute ago, Bics93 said:

Also shorter cooldown if I remember correctly. 

I also remember this, but have not looked for that as I had forgotten.

That's probably visible in these youtube vids somewhere.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,672 posts
2,563 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, NothingButTheRain said:

I haven't played my Musashi or Yamato much lately, but the Musashi had one special thing going for it and this was the extended duration of Musashis fighter planes.

It fighter consumable duration was 3 minutes for Musashi instead of the 1 1/2 minutes for the Yamato. Pre carrier rework, of course.

But I noticed that post rework, the catapult fighter duration for Musashi and Yamato are both 60 seconds now? I'm thinking this is a bug or an oversight. The increased duration of its catapult consumables was actually part of the ship's box o' gimmicks and one which I particularly liked.

I decided to not go through my old pile of screenshots, but instead found a couple youtube videos which highlight this feature that was specific to Musashi.

I posted 2 links to 2 youtube videos, with time stamps at the moment the catapult fighter is launched (inside the spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently, Musashi did get a longer duration spotter plane compared to Yamato, but the longer duration fighter plane was apparently omitted or forgotten?

I'm not sure about spotter planes, but I hardly use those except ona  few select ships (like mid-tier Russian cruisers).

I don't think there's an actual bugreporting section on the forums? So I posted it here instead.

The spotter plane does have a longer duration but the fighter plane does not anymore. I'd like to request the Musashi get back its extended duration fighter plane, since it appears to be an oversight to have removed it and because to me this is part of the Musashi experience (I don't use the spotter on either Musashi or Yamato).

Regards

Thanks for the poke. We checked with the dev team and are currently looking into whether we want to adjust the time for Musashi to better reflect the difference prior to the rework.

We'll let you know when we have a decision.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,672 posts
2,563 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, NothingButTheRain said:

Reveal hidden contents

Regards

Just a quick update, we just got confirmation that Musashi's fighter duration will be increased by 50% to 90 seconds to reflect the previous difference in duration!

This will happen with 0.8.2 :cap_like:

• Cool 7

Players
204 posts
6,798 battles

Better than nothing I suppose - although not exactly the original spec. I'm surprised more wasn't made of this considering the fuss over proposed nerfs to other premiums lately. I personally had a point in the Direction Centre skill because it seemed to buff Musashi's weak AA (relatively speaking) by a good chunk.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
3 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

I personally had a point in the Direction Centre skill because it seemed to buff Musashi's weak AA (relatively speaking) by a good chunk.

Currently the Catapult Fighter is a much better AA defense tool than even DFAA. You get, what, 4-5 guaranteed plane kills out of it with DCF? That's 2 attacks fewer on top tier squads and basically wipes bottom tier ones.

DFAA meanwhile doesn't do anything if your base AA is mediocre.

The only thing holding Catapult Fighters back right now is the despawning fighter exploit which is going to get fixed. Beyond that there is no counterplay unless the ship uses it way too early.

And this ofc makes BBs far better AA platforms than most cruisers will ever be. Which imo is very wrong.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,912 posts
7,123 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And this ofc makes BBs far better AA platforms than most cruisers will ever be. Which imo is very wrong.

The range is way shorter. Fighters can only be used for selfdefence, while DefAA works for defending mates

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

The range is way shorter.

No it is not. No ship has usable long range AA anymore, even with DFAA boosting it long range AA is worthless for fleet defense. Not even Minotaur can do anything against a squad striking a teammate with long range AA only.

If you want to defend someone he has to be in your mid range AA at least for any effect. Which is about the same range on most ships as the fighter patrol area.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,544 posts

I haven't played recently so something might've changed, but my experience of catapult fighters is that they have such a close patrol range that by the time they actually detect and move to the position of enemy strike planes the latter are already about to drop their payloads. I only get the plane kills when they've attacked and are leaving, which isn't ideal. DAAF is not reliable but it does take effect very much before the inbound planes attack; any kills made in that window a bit more valuable.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
2 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

I only get the plane kills when they've attacked and are leaving, which isn't ideal. DAAF is not reliable but it does take effect very much before the inbound planes attack.

Which quite frankly doesn't matter. Planes shot down on an attack approach will simply get replaced by planes in the squad, as such at least one attack will always get through when a full squad is attacking no matter the ship, skill or consumables (unless you sail with like 3 full AA Minos or something similarly ridiculous).

This makes Catapult Fighters much superior because they GUARANTEE kills while DFAA may not.

• Cool 1

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The only thing holding Catapult Fighters back right now is the despawning fighter exploit which is going to get fixed.

The what exploit?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

The what exploit?

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
2,079 posts
10,444 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Planes shot down on an attack approach will simply get replaced by planes in the squad, as such at least one attack will always get through

except when they get shot down at the very moment you were launching the attack proper, and the reticle goes completely berzerk when the replacements go through

Not a bug btw, just a feature :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1