Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

Did they reduce the exp/credits gain?

16 comments in this topic

[EUROF]
Players
308 posts
3,700 battles

I remember farming with Yamato sniping from distance averaging around 110k dmg which resulted in ~1.7k exp consistently. Now I charge in with my Kurfurst and this happened. I shot only AP and tanked almost 5mil dmg as well.

Anyone else noticed the drop in exp/credits recieved? I made only 200k credits profit with this performance having premium camo and signals, minus service cost. Its disgusting.

shot-19.03.02_23.21.52-0441.jpg

shot-19.03.02_23.22.32-0466.jpg

shot-19.03.02_23.22.25-0655.jpg

[M_OB]
Players
500 posts
4,258 battles

Depends on what you shoot at. 200k damage on only BBs is worth as much xp as around 40k damage to DDs.. XP and creditgain is based on percentage of the ship youre shooting at not raw damage.

• Cool 5

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles

Plus killing ships lower tiers of your own yields less credits... So no don't farm on the T-VIII

[EUROF]
Players
308 posts
3,700 battles
7 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Plus killing ships lower tiers of your own yields less credits... So no don't farm on the T-VIII

Thats maybe what happened there, didnt even notice. I dont normaly complain when I see 2-3 lower tier, but that was just atrocious. I feel sorry for them. Close thread.

[EUROF]
Players
308 posts
3,700 battles

Not really, back at it again. This does not make any sense. I felt useless this game, my team destroyed them before I could really play my role and the only kill I got was when the game was already over, last second kill. I didnt even hit a single DD and I recieved about the same exp as my last game vs lower tier ships. Whats also funny is that I recieved 500k potential dmg. That is just hilarious for a BB whos supposed to get in there. There is zero sense when it comes to exp so it seems.

shot-19.03.03_00.12.58-0238.jpg

shot-19.03.03_00.13.08-0852.jpg

shot-19.03.03_00.13.18-0347.jpg

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
26 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Thats maybe what happened there, didnt even notice. I dont normaly complain when I see 2-3 lower tier, but that was just atrocious. I feel sorry for them. Close thread.

On the other hand, if someone can adjust their playstyle to the situation (and aren't a t8 cruiser without heal in a t10 heavy match) it's a low pressure situation where nobody expects them to perform well or take the first line and last patch they even got rewards buff for inflicting ouchies on higher tier ships :Smile_teethhappy: Not as much carry potential as when being top tier, but the option to perform well is certainly there.

On a side note - there was no mention about the reverse of the aforementioned reward buff happening (as in, rewards for bullying lower tiers being reduced) but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that WG just made some tweaks as to how target's relative tier factors into the calculations so while the increase of rewards for punching up should be the main result (although it's not even certain if it's XP too or just credits) it's possible that punching down could've ended up slightly less profitable in the process as well. If that happened to be the case, your results from the battle you posted being lower than expected could be even more easily explained based on your targets (hitting lower tier ships never was quite as profitable as picking on things your own size but it's possible that now it earns you a bit less than it would a week ago) :Smile_honoring:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
16 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Not really, back at it again. This does not make any sense. I felt useless this game, my team destroyed them before I could really play my role and the only kill I got was when the game was already over, last second kill. I didnt even hit a single DD and I recieved about the same exp as my last game vs lower tier ships. Whats also funny is that I recieved 500k potential dmg. That is just hilarious for a BB whos supposed to get in there. There is zero sense when it comes to exp so it seems.

(...)

Previous game you farmed 200k damage on, mostly, lower (many -2) tier ships (mostly BBs). This game you farmed 90k, mostly on your own tier (or only -1) things (a lot of that on cruisers with obviously lower hp pools). You might've felt useless but point-for-point the damage from your second game seems to be of significantly higher quality. 28k damage against Haku, 21k against Roon, 14k against Alaska, 12k against Salem - these are all significant %chunks of their health pools. And there's 23 t10 planes as well. This should count as well (although there were some conflicting statements about that from WG's side).

[EUROF]
Players
308 posts
3,700 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Previous game you farmed 200k damage on, mostly, lower (many -2) tier ships (mostly BBs). This game you farmed 90k, mostly on your own tier (or only -1) things (a lot of that on cruisers with obviously lower hp pools). You might've felt useless but point-for-point the damage from your second game seems to be of significantly higher quality. 28k damage against Haku, 21k against Roon, 14k against Alaska, 12k against Salem - these are all significant %chunks of their health pools. And there's 23 t10 planes as well. This should count as well (although there were some conflicting statements about that from WG's side).

How exactly is 3k dmg on yamato significant persentage dmg, 12k dmg on salem or 15k on Replique, compared to my first game of 200k dmg which contained 31k dmg on Yamato and 5k dmg on gearing? There is also the fact that 80% of my dmg of that 2nd game was done when the game was already over. Am I correct to assume that time difference in dmg is also something worth mentioning? What about potential dmg 500k compared to 4.5kk. What about achievements, do they also grant additional exp? There is a huge difference there as well.

[SWTP]
Players
802 posts
8,060 battles

They should have explained clearly the maths behind XP and credits in relation to % of hp, tiers difference, classes, potential damage, spotting etc. On the other side, I know already the answer why not. The reasoning for not doing so is that it would be too complicated for us simpletons that are barely able to count our own fingers.

[M_OB]
Players
500 posts
4,258 battles
1 minute ago, Zlaraki said:

How exactly is 3k dmg on yamato significant persentage dmg, 12k dmg on salem or 15k on Replique, compared to my first game of 200k dmg which contained 31k dmg on Yamato and 5k dmg on gearing? There is also the fact that 80% of my dmg of that 2nd game was done when the game was already over. Am I correct to assume that time difference in dmg is also something worth mentioning? What about potential dmg 500k compared to 4.5kk. What about achievements, do they also grant additional exp? There is a huge difference there as well.

On my Gearing I usually earn more credits per battle than I do in my Montana. I normally do around 50k in the Gearing and over 100k in the Montana. It is all down to what youre shooting at and that is exactly why damage done in WoWs is a meaningless stat.

Also I dont know if you get additional credits for capping or defending, spotting and tanking damage. You get XP but dont know if you get credits.

[SWTP]
Players
802 posts
8,060 battles
1 minutę temu, Zlaraki napisał:

It doesn't matter when you do the damage.  In the second game, you did more harm to your tier ships and to CAs then low tier BBs. Still you got more $ for first game.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

Put it this way:

Doing

9720 dmg to Yamato = 8290 dmg to Conq = 5060 dmg to DM = 4330 dmg to Mino = 1790 dmg to Shima = 1940 dmg to Gearing

as all of them are the same tier and all of those numbers are 10% of their base HP

It's the "% of max HP" and tier that matters, not the raw damage you do.

Hence the average Conq being so bloody useless despite having so much damage dealt - burning BBs is useless when you could have shot cruisers / DDs

[EUROF]
Players
308 posts
3,700 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Put it this way:

Doing

9720 dmg to Yamato = 8290 dmg to Conq = 5060 dmg to DM = 4330 dmg to Mino = 1790 dmg to Shima = 1940 dmg to Gearing

as all of them are the same tier and all of those numbers are 10% of their base HP

It's the "% of max HP" and tier that matters, not the raw damage you do.

Hence the average Conq being so bloody useless despite having so much damage dealt - burning BBs is useless when you could have shot cruisers / DDs

Which is why I exactly mentioned this in my previous post. It still doesnt explain the score.

3 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

No one has answered my other questions regarding time and achievements, whether they give aditional exp, as well as potential dmg taken.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
8 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

Which is why I exactly mentioned this in my previous post. It still doesnt explain the score.

No one has answered my other questions regarding time and achievements, whether they give aditional exp, as well as potential dmg taken.

8 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

There is also the fact that 80% of my dmg of that 2nd game was done when the game was already over. Am I correct to assume that time difference in dmg is also something worth mentioning? What about potential dmg 500k compared to 4.5kk. What about achievements, do they also grant additional exp? There is a huge difference there as well.

Time has no meaning on the damage. If you are at 10k, hit someone and go to 15k it's exactly the same regardless if the clock shows 18:00, 10:00 or 3:00

Potential damage, same as spotting, technically gives some reward, but it's so minimal you can just assume it to be a 0. It used to matter till WG nerfed the crap out of it

One thing that matters is "diminishing returns"

Lets say 3 players (playing identical ships) were shooting at identical ships, and ended with scores of 50k dmg, 100k dmg and 150k dmg.

The 100k will be closer to 150k in core than the 50k not exactly in the middle between them, as each step up gives less and less. Similarly 100k will not have 2x the rewards of the 50k

You can see ^ that in action in your scores aswell. The average potato getting their 15....30k dmg gets their 800...900 XP. Someone doing 150k...200k (so like 10x more) gets their 1500 XP (which is barely over 1.5x)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles

shot-19_03.01_00_49.29-0749.thumb.jpg.5d06e5b518fd2457fc458cec07feb1b1.jpg

I had 325k damage that game, mostly on Lowtier Cruisers/BBs (as it is Narai Operation).

Fiji had ~211k damage, mostly on DDs and the Convoy ships, still he had more BaseXP that I.

Sign in to follow this