You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
it3llig3nc3

The Great Naval Battle Manipulation

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles

Well without too many words as soon as you turn on ATTEMPTs to gain stars in Naval Battles the calculation of BaseXP at the end of the battle gets nerve wrecking.

Call me suspicious, but isn't it a bit manipulated?

Do you have any similar experience like these below? They consumed 3 of my 10 attempts...

Needed 900BaseXP

Spoiler
  • shot-19_03.02_10_59.23-0082_1.thumb.jpg.a753482ebb0865a7783ad1011666456e.jpg

Needed 1500BaseXP

Spoiler

shot-19_03.02_18_37.22-0932_3.thumb.jpg.fccf6aca6f0bcef7ba553056d528dd1d.jpg

shot-19_03.02_19_20.49-0205_2.thumb.jpg.2cb93861ed9cf415ed7997d39fbcfd4a.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles

2 of those you atleast won...

i failed with 28 XP at 1550 while losing a battle :cap_old:

Spoiler

shot-19_03.02_16_29.00-0529.thumb.jpg.9e2aed9eaad6df35a26026e7db6bc2c0.jpg

• Angry 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,326 posts
13,357 battles

Meh, I'd take those close games over my Atlanta game in a tier 9 Standard battle, Ridge, and the enemy team starts dying like flies on the other side of the map. We lose one ship, the enemy team reaches 0 and the game is won before the 10' mark. Most of their team was in the 400xp while most of us in the winning team failed to break 1000xp :Smile-angry:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

If they wanted to make them harder to do, they would just make them harder to do.

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
10,212 battles

For me its a little diffrent thing, i have overall 57wr and in last few days over 60wr but when i turn count on i cant win more then 3-4 battles from 10 whatever i done in battle.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Well without too many words as soon as you turn on ATTEMPTs to gain stars in Naval Battles the calculation of BaseXP at the end of the battle gets nerve wrecking.

Call me suspicious, but isn't it a bit manipulated?

Do you have any similar experience like these below? They consumed 3 of my 10 attempts...

Wargaming's agenda for today:

1. Conduct a round of Great Naval Battles

2. Hav3 it3llig3nc3 wast3 3 of his att3mpts at N3ARLY cl3aring various XP bars

3. ???

4. Profit!

• Funny 10
  • Bad 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles

May I recommend tin foil hat. If you can't afford a new we also have a nice collection of second hand

[PN]
Players
632 posts
4,356 battles

No it is not manipulated.

P.S. The earth is flat

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,478 battles

<throws in a conspiracy theory>

1) Match all EU clans against RU ones

2) Break the EU servers for a full day as soon as the battle phase starts

:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles
3 minutes ago, Xanta99 said:

Actually wouldn't be far fetched

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, Xanta99 said:

This is brilliant :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles
On 3/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, eliastion said:

Wargaming's agenda for today:

1. Conduct a round of Great Naval Battles

2. Hav3 it3llig3nc3 wast3 3 of his att3mpts at N3ARLY cl3aring various XP bars

3. ???

4. Profit!

My point was completely misunderstood but I take the beating so you can laugh at my cost - welcome.

However having completed 2 weekends in Naval Battles it is still a phenomenon for me as why my wins and performance is noticeably lower while I'm working on the 10 attempts vs. normal random play.

Besides making jokes about conspiracy theory some may call it psychological effect in a sens that when the stakes are higher people are more stressed to do good result that in practice it deteriorates performance.

On top of all that Naval Battles are still a bit of a "pain and fun" for me - as its logic (going for more and more BaseXP incrementally) means that above the 1500XP mark it is almost essential that your team wins over on top of your individual good performance - that means that theoretically you "need to carry the battle". Well, with division it gets a bit more easier.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
23 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

However having completed 2 weekends in Naval Battles it is still a phenomenon for me as why my wins and performance is noticeably lower while I'm working on the 10 attempts vs. normal random play.

Besides making jokes about conspiracy theory some may call it psychological effect in a sens that when the stakes are higher people are more stressed to do good result that in practice it deteriorates performance.

Either it isn't (and you just feel that way subjectively) or it's because you're more conscious of that, causing you to play worse. There's little reason to believe anything else and - most notably - there's just nothing to be gained for WG by rigging matches to prevent people from clearing XP bars. That's extra algorithms that someone would have to come up with and implement - just to do something that generates no value. Why would WG be wasting money like this?

• Cool 2

[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,696 posts
7,884 battles
3 hours ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Thats exactly why your perfomance is lower.

[NWP]
Players
2,019 posts
13,110 battles
On 3/2/2019 at 7:34 PM, DFens_666 said:

2 of those you atleast won...

i failed with 28 XP at 1550 while losing a battle :cap_old:

Hide contents

shot-19_03.02_16_29.00-0529.thumb.jpg.9e2aed9eaad6df35a26026e7db6bc2c0.jpg

Clearly the fault of @ForlornSailor for not helping his division carry the match. 

@ OP: remove your tinfoil hat.

What will WG gain from reducing our XP gain in naval battles? Exactly: nothing, so why would they spend money on it?

Oh you mean: WG targetted you, and only you? Well... do you really think you are that important to WG that they'd pay a coder to code that specific line of code just to annoy you? Really?

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles
On 3/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, eliastion said:

Either it isn't (and you just feel that way subjectively) or it's because you're more conscious of that, causing you to play worse. There's little reason to believe anything else and - most notably - there's just nothing to be gained for WG by rigging matches to prevent people from clearing XP bars. That's extra algorithms that someone would have to come up with and implement - just to do something that generates no value. Why would WG be wasting money like this?

About what WG may gain: I do not think the "gain" from WG's side revolves around causing people directly disappointment.

However if you think it over the simple fact to artificially lower chances to clear XP Bars in Naval Battle does a very positive thing to the game: it increases attendance. This is because players WANT to complete the challenges - thus they keep playing. From this point of view "rigging" the chance to clear XP bars is a good play from WG and very few will suspect that  server attendance is artificially increased. And then the economical factor kicks it: the more people play the more may want to but something from the Premium Shop, so it is more revenue for WG.

So the trick of rigging is driving sales --> profit.

Makes sense or not?

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,326 posts
13,357 battles
2 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

About what WG may gain: I do not think the "gain" from WG's side revolves around causing people directly disappointment.

However if you think it over the simple fact to artificially lower chances to clear XP Bars in Naval Battle does a very positive thing to the game: it increases attendance. This is because players WANT to complete the challenges - thus they keep playing. From this point of view "rigging" the chance to clear XP bars is a good play from WG and very few will suspect that  server attendance is artificially increased. And then the economical factor kicks it: the more people play the more may want to but something from the Premium Shop, so it is more revenue for WG.

So the trick of rigging is driving sales --> profit.

Makes sense or not?

Rigging that causes excessive frustration makes no sense.

Players
1,062 posts
9,072 battles

It's just some oil. You gain even if you lose the battle. What is the big fuss about? 

[UNICS]
Players
3,326 posts
13,357 battles
16 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

It's just some oil. You gain even if you lose the battle. What is the big fuss about? 

..but it's his oil and WG is rigging the game to keep it from him :Smile-angry:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
2 hours ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

simple fact

You've provided no facts whatsoever.

[HOO]
Players
460 posts
6,690 battles

Well the "manipulation" is how often as an EU clan when you are matched with a NA clan, you go to bed on Sunday way ahead to find in the morning that the NA clan beat you by one star.   Time zone advantage is real.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Well the "manipulation" is how often as an EU clan when you are matched with a NA clan, you go to bed on Sunday way ahead to find in the morning that the NA clan beat you by one star.   Time zone advantage is real.

Erm... How?

Are you not supposed to be awake before they did? So no real advantage there.

Or are you expecting the same results for less effort? Looks like it...

[HOO]
Players
460 posts
6,690 battles

Well the difference is that unless we stay up until midnight their time, then they know exactly what score they need to win.   We don't.