You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Naval Aviation Collection

24 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,147 posts
6,766 battles

I may be missing something but....

I've completed all parts of the Naval Aviation Collection and have the Hermes in my port.

I can't see where the 'custom camos' are for the DD, CAs, BBs or CVs.   I have premium and silver ships in DDs (Gallant, Cossck and Jutland) , CAs (Belfast, Fiji and Edinburgh) and BBs (Warspite, Hood, DoY and KGV) and just the Hermes.

I also can only mount a single flag on the Hermes.

I would have though that when the collection was unlocked the rewards would be available then and there.  Doe anyone see these camos in the game yet?

[BOBS3]
Players
117 posts
2,170 battles

I’ve unlocked camos for DDs and BBS,” so far, on the premium Camo for the ship (you have to own it or buy it) it gives you an alternative colour scheme, it does NOT give you the premium Camo if you don’t already own it.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,300 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, BrusilovX sagte:

Doe anyone see these camos in the game yet?

sure, and I can also mount two flags on the Hermes

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

shot-19_03.02_19_18.59-0660.thumb.jpg.4533529ed1db43795204ca7979925ea3.jpg

Its just like the IJN and USN... You can choose between two colour tones

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,147 posts
6,766 battles

I logged out of the game and went back in after a while and I can now mount 2 flags on the Hermes.....

Edited: I had expected to see the camo appear like the one for the Kiev - which was unlocked previously:

Spoiler

1zv518g.png

The image that hgdn_dk has posted appears as if there is a set number of camos (151) to be used.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
42 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

The image that hgdn_dk has posted appears as if there is a set number of camos (151) to be used.

Correct, hes only stating the way alternative camos work, as in, same with US and IJN, you get 2 color schemes.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

The little "rainbow diamond in the top left corner of an camouflage indicate on which you can choose colour tones. You don't get any camouflages just the ability to change colours.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,147 posts
6,766 battles
53 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

The little "rainbow diamond in the top left corner of an camouflage indicate on which you can choose colour tones. You don't get any camouflages just the ability to change colours.

Ah, OK the 'penny has finally dropped'.

Thanks for explaining.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
816 posts

What I find odd is that you can't train another captain that has lots of skills already for the Brit CV. You can move the captain onto the CV (same as you can do with other premium ships) but not re-train him for it. The CV right now show in port as "Premium CV". Eventually they will become" stock tech tree CV",  no longer showing the premium badge on them. So how comes you can't re-train a captain you have with lots of skill points specifically for the Brit CV, when it's going to end up a stock tech tree ship?

I have the Hermes and Furious and have only been able to fit 1 extra flag on both ships.

About perma camo. The Hermes is a T4 CV, far as I'm aware you cannot use a perma camo on a ship less than tier 6. With the Furious I have, the T6 CV. The option is there to buy the perma camo for 1000 dub. But no option to do that with Hermes because it's a Tier 4 CV

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
1 minute ago, MRGTB said:

What I find odd is that you can't train another captain that has lots of skills already for the Brit CV. You can move the captain onto the CV but not re-train him for it. While the CV if yo get them now show in port as premium CV. Eventually they will become stock tech tree ships and no longer show the premium badge on them. So how comes you can't re-train a captain you already have specifically for the Brit CV?

I have the Hermes and Furious and have only been able to fit 1 extra flag on both ships

But have you finished the entire collection?? You can just add commander elite xp on the commander that came with the ship, or wait for the patch where we get another week of free retraining

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,464 battles
3 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

What I find odd is that you can't train another captain that has lots of skills already for the Brit CV. You can move the captain onto the CV but not re-train him for it. While the CV if yo get them now show in port as premium CV. Eventually they will become stock tech tree ships and no longer show the premium badge on them. So how comes you can't re-train a captain you already have specifically for the Brit CV?

I have the Hermes and Furious and have only been able to fit 1 extra flag on both ships

This was exactly how it worked with the early release French BBs, etc.  You will be able to retrain him once the ship goes silver on the day of general release

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
3 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

What I find odd is that you can't train another captain that has lots of skills already for the Brit CV. You can move the captain onto the CV (same as you can do with other premium ships) but not re-train him for it. The CV right now show in port as "Premium CV". Eventually they will become" stock tech tree CV",  no longer showing the premium badge on them. So how comes you can't re-train a captain you have with lots of skill points specifically for the Brit CV, when it's going to end up a stock tech tree ship?

because right now they work like premiums, so retraining would be completely pointless until that is no longer the case?

Players
816 posts
8 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

But have you finished the entire collection??

No, I have done the 4 directives now but not ended up getting the full collection. I didn't get the Hermes CV that way. I bought air containers to get enough Crown and other thing to buy the Hermes first and then the Furious next. As you have to buy the Hermes first, which I didn't know that - before you can buy the Furious.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

You'll need to complete the Naval Aviation collection under your profile to be able to hoist extra flags.

Players
816 posts
11 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

You'll need to complete the Naval Aviation collection under your profile to be able to hoist extra flags.

Ah right! Well I won't end up doing it then. Done the 4 directives now and already spent more than I wanted too to get the Furious CV. WG didn't tell you that you have to buy the Hermes first before you're allowed to buy the Furious next. So ended up having to buy more gold and  air containers to get it because you need buy both CV in order of T4 first,  and then buy T6 CV next

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
Just now, MRGTB said:

Ah right! Well I won't end up doing it then. Done the 4 directives now and already spent more than I wanted too to get the Furious CV. WG didn't tell you that you have to buy the Hermes first before you're allowed to buy the Furious next. So ended up having to buy more air containers to get it because needed to buy both CV in order of T4 first and then buy T6 CV next

You don't need to buy containers to complete the collection, just activate collecting if its not active already and items can be collected via the daily containers.

Players
816 posts
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

just activate collecting if its not active already and items can be collected via the daily containers. 

Where do you do that?

I have had some duplicates though via the daily containers. Pretty sure I have, so must already be active.

Players
816 posts

Yes, that is active already

I forgot daily containers drop them also. I was wrongly thinking now the directives are all done, that's it with no more got.

Players
816 posts

Well I dropped lucky to be honest. Even though I made the mistake of thinking you could buy the T6 (right away, skipping the T4 CV) if having enough Crown and the other thing. I ended up getting the Vanguard mission in one of the air containers and did that mission and now have that ship free worth the same money spent to get the tier 6 CV.

And I did actually want the Vanguard premium.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
290 posts
8,704 battles

So far I've gotten 14 items for the collection...................SEVEN are duplicates:cap_wander:

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
2,160 battles
On 3/8/2019 at 5:27 PM, Monalie said:

So far I've gotten 14 items for the collection...................SEVEN are duplicates:cap_wander:

Same. I've gotten nothing but duplicates since the sixth item. I traded in to get the custom dd camo and that left me at seven after which I got another four duplicates. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,110 posts
27,343 battles
On 3/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, Monalie said:

Hardly any problem as the drops in the normal daily containers will get you there for free in the end. At least 50% of the dailes gives you items. 

I have it all completed and so will you, but do not forget to toggle in the collection that you should have them in the normal containers.

• Cool 1