You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Chopsy15

HMS Exeter missing 20mm Oerlikon AA mounts

9 comments in this topic

[BSS]
Players
2 posts
3,504 battles

Hi all, 

First time posting to the forum!!

HMS Exeter is missing 2 AA mounts. 

While under repair in 1940–41 after her battle with the Admiral Graf Spee, the Royal Navy decided to upgrade her armament and fire-control systems. In game we seem to have her 1940-41 refit because 'her single four-inch AA guns were replaced with twin-gun mounts for Mark XVI guns of the same calibre (the dual 102mm guns in game - Secondary and also AA) and a pair of octuple mounts for 40 mm "pom-poms" were added abreast her aft superstructure.  This is true when looking at he AA, we can clearly see the 2x8 40mm PomPoms.

HOWEVER

Enclosures ("tubs") for single 20mm Oerlikon guns were added to the roof of both 'B' and 'Y' turrets under her 1940-41 refit.  We have the "tubs" vvisualised, but no 20mm guns!  I know it's such a small change  and won't affect much in the way of AA,  however for history Accuracy, I'd like to see them added.

Please bump up this post so Devs can see it.  As I said, it's my first time posting so don't roast me too much!

Have fun and RULE BRITAINNIA!

Kind Regards

Chopsy

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
933 posts
5,802 battles

Hi mate and welcome to the forum,

You will learn over time that WG does not see historical accuracy as a priority in this game and as much of a shame as that is, its sometimes necessary to forgo the Historical accuracy for balance in most cases.

However Wg concept of balance atm is, shall we say...WIP?:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[BOBS3]
Players
117 posts
2,170 battles
48 minutes ago, Chopsy15 said:

Hi all, 

While under repair in 1940–41 after her battle with the Admiral Graf Spee, the Royal Navy decided to upgrade her armament and fire-control systems. In game we seem to have her 1940-41 refit because 'her single four-inch AA guns were replaced with twin-gun mounts for Mark XVI guns of the same calibre (the dual 102mm guns in game - Secondary and also AA) and a pair of octuple mounts for 40 mm "pom-poms" were added abreast her aft superstructure.  This is true when looking at he AA, we can clearly see the 2x8 40mm PomPoms.

HOWEVER

Enclosures ("tubs") for single 20mm Oerlikon guns were added to the roof of both 'B' and 'Y' turrets under her 1940-41 refit.  We have the "tubs" vvisualised, but no 20mm guns!  I know it's such a small change  and won't affect much in the way of AA,  however for history Accuracy, I'd like to see them added.

Please bump up this post so Devs can see it.  As I said, it's my first time posting so don't roast me too much!

Kind Regards

Chopsy

Rule Britannia indeed! (And welcome to the forum 😜👍🏻)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
1 hour ago, Chopsy15 said:

UQSWTLo.png

I've heard multiple ships in the game are missing couple of AA mounts. Probably some "oversight" / balancing thingy, or maybe simply the same case as with the underwater torp tubes - "we don't sue those"

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,464 battles

They're probably on a Pan Asian DD having been nicked from the bottom of the Java sea by some #%!#* scavanger.

[BSS]
Players
2 posts
3,504 battles
4 hours ago, Xanta99 said:

They're probably on a Pan Asian DD having been nicked from the bottom of the Java sea by some #%!#* scavanger.

Oh the irony.  Makes my blood boil.

Players
5,479 posts
8,154 battles
6 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Hi mate and welcome to the forum,

You will learn over time that WG does not see historical accuracy as a priority in this game and as much of a shame as that is, its sometimes necessary to forgo the Historical accuracy for balance in most cases.

However Wg concept of balance atm is, shall we say...WIP?:Smile_trollface:

Word you're missing is "working as intended":Smile_trollface:

7 hours ago, Chopsy15 said:

Hi all, 

HOWEVER

Kind Regards

Chopsy

On topic of AA, WG is notorious at times to create their own "refits" of ships in regards of AA whatever they see fit. That and chances for "developer interaction" on EU forums are extraordinary small

[ORM]
Players
65 posts
1,631 battles

whilst i can understand why the devs need to balance things, there's no reason why features like the missing AA couldn't be placed on the ship without affecting the AA damage, it's not like we can say for example that the gun nearest the kitchen door on the port side  shot the third plane in a group of four, all we see is damage calculations resulting in planes crashing

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,384 posts
7,993 battles

may as well stick em on and increase its aa seen as tier 5 struggles against tier 6 cvs

as for the tier4 cvs meh wg don't care anyway and the aa on nearly all tier5 ships wipes tier4 planes anyway