Sign in to follow this  
lafeel

Probably a stupid question but..

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles

How in god's name are you supposed to aim with your DB's when you can't even SEE the *edited* targeting reticle once you intiate your attack run?

What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
2 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

wait what ? with dive bombers?  u can always see aim

Not after hitting the LMB once I could not. Due to the camera angle I literally couldn't see what I was aiming at, and unsurprisingly didn't hit sh*t.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,332 posts
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Not after hitting the LMB once I could not. Due to the camera angle I literally couldn't see what I was aiming at, and unsurprisingly didn't hit sh*t.

strange u got a pic?

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
1 minute ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

strange u got a pic?

No, the issue is self explanatory.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,332 posts
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No, the issue is self explanatory.

i see , wel as i remember even u hit , hit there is always a aim lol

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
5 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

i see , wel as i remember even u hit , hit there is always a aim lol

Not much help if you can't SEE it due to the camera angle, even when fully zoomed out.

Players
74 posts
1,636 battles

Are you in tier 4 ? It took me a few battles to get it as well. It is simply that, once you initiate your attack run, the reticle switch to where the bombs will actually fall if you drop them - at the beginning, under the aircraft nose with the default view. You have to alter slighlty the view down with rmb et voilà.

I did a suggestion to tanatoy about the camera view. Lets hope they take that into account.

Or you have a weird bug.

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
6 hours ago, bratisla_boy said:

Are you in tier 4 ? It took me a few battles to get it as well. It is simply that, once you initiate your attack run, the reticle switch to where the bombs will actually fall if you drop them - at the beginning, under the aircraft nose with the default view. You have to alter slighlty the view down with rmb et voilà.

I did a suggestion to tanatoy about the camera view. Lets hope they take that into account.

Or you have a weird bug.

That's just it, it doesn't change, at ALL.

Reported it as a bug, although knowing how WGCS is with anything I report, they'll probably try to make me jump through hoops again, while blatantly ignoring the issue.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles

You do realize you can adjust the camera angle manually by moving the mouse, right?

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
56 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You do realize you can adjust the camera angle manually by moving the mouse, right?

Takes way too long, with how little time you have to aim. And still doesn't explain why I have this issue when I have seen others play cv's without any sign of it.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
10 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Takes way too long

Are you joking? It literally takes less than a second.

Regardless, a replay or screenshot would be nice considering none of us here have such an issue.

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Are you joking? It literally takes less than a second.

Regardless, a replay or screenshot would be nice considering none of us here have such an issue.

Pretty poor game I'll be the first to admit, but here's one of the games I had that issue in..No screenshots, unfortunately, just the replay.

20190301_191410_PASA104-Langley_01_solomon_islands.wowsreplay

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
9 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No screenshots, unfortunately, just the replay.

Alright, you will notice that your camera stays in the position it is in when you attack, right?

So just adjust your camera downwards before attacking.

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Alright, you will notice that your camera stays in the position it is in when you attack, right?

So just adjust your camera downwards before attacking.

That still does not explain why others don't need to adjust it mate.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
25 minutes ago, lafeel said:

That still does not explain why others don't need to adjust it mate.

Because you're cancelling the automatic camera adjustment by moving your camera while attacking. Or at least it looks like it in the replay.

In fact your camera movement quite frankly looks weird in general. Are you using a gamepad or sth by any chance?

Regardless, even with the automatic camera adjustment you struggle to see where you're aiming at least with the Langley (just tested in the training room). It's a bit better with higher tier CVs but not by much. I recommend making it a habit to look down before you attack.

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Because you're cancelling the automatic camera adjustment by moving your camera while attacking. Or at least it looks like it in the replay.

In fact your camera movement quite frankly looks weird in general. Are you using a gamepad or sth by any chance?

Regardless, even with the automatic camera adjustment you struggle to see where you're aiming at least with the Langley (just tested in the training room). It's a bit better with higher tier CVs but not by much. I recommend making it a habit to look down before you attack.

No I use the mouse, just have a bad habit of moving it around a lot.

Also, the camera never even started the automatic camera adjustment. If it had, I wouldn't have tried moving the camera manually <.<

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Also, the camera never even started the automatic camera adjustment. If it had, I wouldn't have tried moving the camera manually <.<

Auto adjustment is very slow. First it will attempt to center your camera in the direction you're going while your DBs fly up, THEN it will move it downwards veeery slowly. If you move your camera at any point during the adjustment downwards it will cancel it.

As I said before though, the auto adjustment thing isn't very useful anyway as you can barely see the reticle with it. You can try it yourself in the training room if you have time. Just launch a DB, start an attack and then take your hand off of the mouse.

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Auto adjustment is very slow. First it will attempt to center your camera in the direction you're going while your DBs fly up, THEN it will move it downwards veeery slowly. If you move your camera at any point during the adjustment downwards it will cancel it.

As I said before though, the auto adjustment thing isn't very useful anyway as you can barely see the reticle with it. You can try it yourself in the training room if you have time. Just launch a DB, start an attack and then take your hand off of the mouse.

That last part may be the hardest thing for this..long time gamer to do, as every instinct tells you to keep one hand on it at all times (unless you're using a stick or a controller ofc)

Can you rebind the attack run/bomb key to something else than the lmb? In that case I'd not have much reason to keep a hand on the mouse..

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Can you rebind the attack run/bomb key to something else than the lmb? In that case I'd not have much reason to keep a hand on the mouse..

Yup. It's under "Aircraft Controls".

Beta Tester
2,534 posts
3,490 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Yup. It's under "Aircraft Controls".

I'll try it out and let you know how it works.

Either way, even if it doesn't help, thank you for trying 

EDIT: That actually helped a ton, thank you. :D

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,230 posts
12,057 battles

Locked as per OP's request. Will leave it up for a while in case it helps other people