Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nerderklaus

CV Rework increases problems instead of solving them

9 comments in this topic

Players
156 posts
6,816 battles

Well, lets just go through various gameplay issues with the game and how the CV rework.

When being uptiered the AA works automatically. There already is far too much powercreep with some examples being T5 vs T7 or in case of most involved ships even worse T8 vs T10. It's a big problem that WOWS enables such a typical noob resumee which is like die up to one tier 10 ship (usually Shima, Yama, Monty) and play it all the time. With battleships and cruisers they at least need to do a couple of things, but a retarded typical Monty player will just shred the T8 CV planes without even doing something to get them shredded. The attack planes will probably get a good drop onto him but DBs and TBs will do far less. This is more about such issues, not like a AA cruisers with an AA setup which obviously should be effective against higher, same and lower tier CV. No problems solved here, the gamebreaking effect of battletier luck got potencially increased. Farming dailies on T8 and T9 comes down to getting battles without the baboons in the big ships and I still see no efforts to get rid of such gamebreaking issues for any class. Make T10 CV less common by making T8 CV a nightmare to play? Such issues get increased further with the changes that took away a CVs air to air potencial. In the past T8 CVs could at least fight each others planes when every ship was in some mega-AA-bubble. Now? Well... The concentration of the worst players in the game at T10 combined with this powercreep ruins many matchs for T8 and T9 ships BTW. The 7 reports usually aren't even enough for 3 T10 battles, f.e. 3 Shimas with T10 as most played tier that still don't know about radar, the AFK CV and 3 BBs that maintain their maximum range to the enemy.

Skillgap is another one which works on all the cognitive dissonances of certain people, in particular the ones who only played the strongest stages of new CV and only the best ones, but acted like "skill, skill, skill" after preparing intensively on the test server. Every healthy person will understand that people had practice with old RTS CV drops and given time they will get their practice with the new drop mechanics as well. Some people might make some odd assumptions about skillgap and such, but in reality controlling 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 units at once should be obviously more difficult than flying one squadron, giving the ship some waypoints and using a consumable from time to time. The problem that still is ignored would be people who liked the old CV most like they were with the RTS gameplay. No problems solved, but some potencially increased while others certainly were created. Some ADHS person might be like "yeah, no free stuff", but no comment on these. The other thing would be that some people obviously will not realize that they don't take more damage by CV on average, because of stronger CVs. The biggest factor in this obviously is more CVs being around now.

It's no so difficult to look up an effective build and if you wanna try something you can easily change it, if it doesn't work. The effects of AA builds got reduced meaning the rewards in that area for making sacrifices somewhere else got reduced. This is particulary bad, because who usually has low level captains or misskilled captains? Whiteline BBs that should have that misplay punished much, much harder. This increases issues with the class system not working as supposed to be, the customization system not working as it's supposed to be and general skillgap issues. Destroyers who want to have a good game WHILE DOING THEIR JOB instead of leeching have such a hard time, but there literally are dedicated efforts to give certain other people free points, in particular the BB line that gets "balanced" to compensate for it's users.

AP bombs are particulary strange. They seem to have the same accuracy as HE bombs, but the properties of them seem to be like before. They had higher accuracy before for a reason. On T10 ships more bombs sorta neglect the issues, but what about the others? The attempts to help DDs out might have been already, but everything else was simply about making BBs more foolproof against CV. The other big thing would be that HE bombs at least maintaining potencial to cause a DoT. Now AP bombs are like less damage per drop (except for T10 as usual), less accuracy, AP limitations against lighter ships, if you manage to perfectly align a full aimed drop again some lighter ship. The compensation for AP bomb disadvantages is gone and generally all DBs except for Midway and Haku vs BBs seem to stink. Things like TBs with two low-damage torps per strike on strikes that are more difficult to aim than the old ones should be an obvious issue as well.

Whiteline BBs... In the past MN, RM, USN should have been punished much harder by CV. If any BBs would have needed good AA it would have been the brawlers. Well, now it seems like it's simply less relavant to pick the right BB for camping. In The past a T8 CV had major impacts on his damage based on whether there was a lonely GKUR/Yama or not. These two ships got for whiteline camping what they deserved, but many other BBs didn't. I did not notice any efforts to get this right. This paragrapth will really trigger the DGEs of certain people. Montys and Conquerors should suffer on misplays like GKURs and Yamas.

What should have been better? Things like perfectly aligning a DB drops, in particular against manouverable, small ships should get rewarded more. Attack planes should be less cookie cutter and instead have some edge. More air-to-air options should have been maintained. It should be noticable whether you invest a lot of skillpoints and module slots into AA or not like RNG noob bonus is breaking for creating the possibility that one player gets consistently smaller spreads without accuracy upgrades than another player gets on the same ship with all accuracy upgrades and shorter fighting ranges. There generally is too much impact of battletier luck that needs changes, but it's most broken with CV and AA that works without player control. It would have been better for the game, if the time spend on that rework instead was used on the tier-by-tier powercreep. Stop rewarding people for dying up to a T10 or converting it. There are so many profiles like a player with almost everything red and orange, but suddenly all-green Monty stats... Last but no least: Come up with something that forces the player to work against planes himself instead of fully automatic AA and O+click for a sector from time to time. The tunnelvisioned Monty on the white line who certainly will not be able to react like this should suffer the consequences.

Obligational note for the usual special suspects of all colours: If CV can fight other CV more effectively again, the lost planes obviously must get compensated with more effective strikes

PS: Forgot to wrote that Kaga and Saipan can now get dragged into T10 battles and all BS coming with them

PS2: What needs to be brought up as well is that with just premium account a T10 CV can lose money while being the topscorer of his team. A T10 BB just needs two lucky salvos to make money.

• Cool 4

Players
4,085 posts
6,840 battles
32 minutes ago, nerderklaus said:

The effects of AA builds got reduced meaning the rewards in that area for making sacrifices somewhere else got reduced. This is particulary bad, because who usually has low level captains or misskilled captains? Whiteline BBs that should have that misplay punished much, much harder.

That apperently the side effect of how WG addressed the huge impact of 3-man-CV-try-hard-divisions.

37 minutes ago, nerderklaus said:

Destroyers who want to have a good game WHILE DOING THEIR JOB instead of leeching have such a hard time, but there literally are dedicated efforts to give certain other people free points, in particular the BB line that gets "balanced" to compensate for it's users.

Yup.

37 minutes ago, nerderklaus said:

More air-to-air options should have been maintained.

By removing the CV vs CV interaction they doomed the class. It created literally every problem we see. From too early spotting over still existend skill gap up to low alpha damage.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles
13 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

By removing the CV vs CV interaction they doomed the class. It created literally every problem we see. From too early spotting over still existend skill gap up to low alpha damage.

I agree....you would make different decisions when your CV is under threat ( like is was in RTS ) from the first minute on. Also IRL the greatest threat to a CV was another CV.

But i do not wish this achieved by nefing CV's AA batteries/abilities. You cannot have weak AA on CV and stong AA on other ships. A good part of the problem is also aircraft have become too inaccurate and too weak to survive all AA. The RTS way was kill your opponents air supriority fighters first. We dont have that anymore, AA and a consumble fighter patrol is all we have left. And these are indeed not player skill influenced.

Many CV have attacked my CV. That simply removes them from influencing the battle on their side and they are deplaning themselves. However they do damage especially with torpedo's. But as stated CV are pretty tootless and have no real bite. So an enemy CV can do that all match long and still not take out the enemy CV.

Players
156 posts
6,816 battles
46 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Many CV have attacked my CV. That simply removes them from influencing the battle on their side and they are deplaning themselves. However they do damage especially with torpedo's. But as stated CV are pretty tootless and have no real bite. So an enemy CV can do that all match long and still not take out the enemy CV.

Now it's one torp squad instead of sometimes two or even three. Back then the chance to stack DoTs was better. Odds of getting DoTs are lower. I mean granted with old CVs I had things like Shoka 8 Torps and 10 bombs on one BB with the special playerbonuses so that he didn't get a single DoT when it mattered, but still. Flooding chances feel much lower.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles

I say it still can be done, killng the enemy CV all alone.....but it takes so long that it takes your influence over the battle away. And it is very unrewarding as you lose maxiumum aircraft due to it's strong AA. Teammates commented i was an idiot CV player aswell. Even accused me of being AFK because no spotting was done because i ofc was hugging the map edge to get to the enemy CV unmolested.  So they want spotting nerfed, but demand they get it do they ? Rely upon it but want it nerfed ? What kind of players are that ? Call upon  your DD's for that as you wanted so much...

I focussed on the enemy CV  also as to punish every nerf crying player by denying them aircraft kills for the mission......they won't count for the enemy CV mission either. I only had to attack the BB because i ran into it with my CV ship. Denying aircraft kills  was in my influence as i  am angry because all of the nerfs imposed by those players. ( indirectly by pressuring WG )

I could however decide the up to then against my team more or less balanced point match running out of time  outcome in my teams favor by killing a DD 2 minutes after the death of my CV...idiot eh ? It is fair to say a BB sacrificed himself to make the DD show up in smoke so we could kill it. Noticed i still was there with rocket planes and  asked for help. Teamwork still tastes better then remorse over nerfs.

WG should reward teamwork more in credits and XP with specific teamwork actions for a better game, not only doing maximum damage and getting ribbons.

WG23.jpg

Beta Tester
114 posts

CV vs CV was my favorite part of the other system.

Air superiority, I rather that than some crappy "immersive" system that only new gamers like.

• Cool 3

Players
106 posts
1,265 battles
2 minuti fa, mil71 ha scritto:

CV vs CV was my favorite part of the other system.

Air superiority, I rather that than some crappy "immersive" system that only new gamers like.

i loved that too; getting air superiotity early game (my first target were enemy fighters) was part of my CVs playstyle, now, yes i like the ability to control the squadron, but the AA is too strong, especially if you are bottom tier (and i try by best to evade AA) and the economy [edited].

I right now use carriers only when i need to spot for a mission, since they are still the ships with more spotting potential. I'm not going to sell my CVs, because i want keep them anyways (you never know).

I liked the rework when it was releaced, but right now it's absolute garbadge.

Also, i think they never answered why they removed odd-tier CVs, bacause if that is for queueing problems, that's b******t. The good thing about the odd-tier CVs was that they provided more balance.

• Cool 1

Players
156 posts
6,816 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I say it still can be done, killng the enemy CV all alone.....but it takes so long that it takes your influence over the battle away. And it is very unrewarding as you lose maxiumum aircraft due to it's strong AA. Teammates commented i was an idiot CV player aswell. Even accused me of being AFK because no spotting was done because i ofc was hugging the map edge to get to the enemy CV unmolested.  So they want spotting nerfed, but demand they get it do they ? Rely upon it but want it nerfed ? What kind of players are that ? Call upon  your DD's for that as you wanted so much...

I focussed on the enemy CV  also as to punish every nerf crying player by denying them aircraft kills for the mission......they won't count for the enemy CV mission either. I only had to attack the BB because i ran into it with my CV ship. Denying aircraft kills  was in my influence as i  am angry because all of the nerfs imposed by those players. ( indirectly by pressuring WG )

I could however decide the up to then against my team more or less balanced point match running out of time  outcome in my teams favor by killing a DD 2 minutes after the death of my CV...idiot eh ? It is fair to say a BB sacrificed himself to make the DD show up in smoke so we could kill it. Noticed i still was there with rocket planes and  asked for help. Teamwork still tastes better then remorse over nerfs.

WG should reward teamwork more in credits and XP with specific teamwork actions for a better game, not only doing maximum damage and getting ribbons.

It's not just firepower. It's flight time as well, if you wanna kill the other CV first. More or less it seems like they want all CV to be weaker than before and maintain or increase the tier-by-tier powercreep. Well, other ships are more dangerous by various means so, yeah. Still the most important changes would be resetting stats, give everybody the same RNG and stop forcing free points for picking certain ships, in particular release Conqueror or present Monty. My expectations are that things will only get worse for CV in the next months. Except for losing less planes on return there only were nerfs.

Well, WG got to appease the "recognized noob" and "the overrated noob" types of player. They both only get points from inflicting damage and kills, but not from other stuff like spotting or caps.

Sign in to follow this