Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bredare

Are invisible torps to be expected after the latest patch?

16 comments in this topic

[-CIA-]
Players
4 posts
7,819 battles

So, backstory.
There is a fletcher down below c that was spotted for some time so the position is known.
He torped my teammate the moskva (above C) with 1 set.
He probably aimed the second set at me and I'm guessing the entire set is in front of me?
The torps should be coming from my left, from the conquerors position more or less. 

And heres the video of my teammate the moskva, the fletcher torped 1 set at him and 1 set at me. At least his set vas visible.

[TTT]
Players
4,293 posts
7,937 battles

amd DD players complain about their torps not being stealthy enough... :Smile_trollface:

hm that is rather odd indeed - I've had pretty much the same thing with a set of air-dropped torpedoes once but didnt really think much of it...

Players
2,973 posts
3,349 battles

Probably is something with a server problem. Yesterday we had many people disconnect or having other trouble.

I had one game where I could hit ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, even being 100% potato and lucky and RNG and everything cannot explain that.

But server lag/connection problems can. Maybe those torps just weren't rendered, because your PC didn't get any info from server.

[-CIA-]
Players
1 post
3,637 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Tyrendian89 sagte:

hm that is rather odd indeed - I've had pretty much the same thing with a set of air-dropped torpedoes once but didnt really think much of it...

Afaik cv torps arent spotted until they can arm which means they might have armed exactly underneath your ship 

[-CIA-]
Players
4 posts
7,819 battles
13 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Probably is something with a server problem. Yesterday we had many people disconnect or having other trouble.

I had one game where I could hit ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, even being 100% potato and lucky and RNG and everything cannot explain that.

But server lag/connection problems can. Maybe those torps just weren't rendered, because your PC didn't get any info from server.

Probably a server thing, but as u see on the moskvas replay those torps werent rendered for him when they hit me.
Even if my game didnt get the information of the torps, the rest of the team should have seen those torps when they came into my spotting range just before hitting me. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,840 posts
15,841 battles
16 minutes ago, Ozymand said:

Afaik cv torps arent spotted until they can arm which means they might have armed exactly underneath your ship 

Best way to drop them :Smile_trollface:

Players
4,085 posts
6,784 battles
18 minutes ago, Ozymand said:

Afaik cv torps arent spotted until they can arm

Nope. They are also spotted way before they arm.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Thanks for posting in black, people with the dark forun theme thank you for not being able to read your thread.

• Funny 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Not from hakuryu...or at least they used to be somewhat invisible, not to this extent though.

[POP]
Players
383 posts
8,555 battles

Repost this in the bug thread.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,616 posts
10,155 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

At least you can see the trail in the water, yes. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
4 hours ago, Bredare said:

FK5jVz7.jpg

Well, it's not "since last patch" as this was getting reported already in the previous one (0.8.0.X)

And since it's a bug with torpedoes... Yeah, no, not going to get fixed. I have multiple big torpedo bugs reported over the last year...year-and-a-half, none of them have been fixed

Alpha Tester
69 posts
5,612 battles

So it's not just me then? Torpedo spotting has been very ... spotty (I'll see myself out) for the last couple of days for me, both air-dropped and DD-dropped. Not only were they drawn way late, but sometimes alert didn't go off either.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

Maybe this torps was a test for the april space battles, they are klingon stealth torpedoes! :Smile_glasses:

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this