Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Britannia

Conqueror 457mm guns accuracy

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
110 posts
21,133 battles

That got your attention

I was lucky enough to get the mission for the vanguard and I cant help but wonder why the twin gun Conq does not have the same accuracy.

Surely that would make that set up more viable even if the fire chance were to be lowered to compensate because as it stands there is no reason to take the twin gun Conq over the montana clone. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
1,406 posts
10,368 battles
23 minutes ago, HMS_Britannia said:

That got your attention

Dammit! I was ready with my pitchfork and torch and everything!:Smile_izmena::cap_rambo:

As to the actual question, I have no idea. WG have not addressed the fact that nobody uses the second option at all, that's it's not very good and has no advantage over the Mega-Zao burn the world option. I'm guessing they have just forgotten it even exists... 

• Funny 3

[TSCC]
Players
1,576 posts
18,731 battles
40 minutes ago, HMS_Britannia said:

I was lucky enough to get the mission for the vanguard and I cant help but wonder why the twin gun Conq does not have the same accuracy.

But they already have same/similar accuracy. Just like Vanguard, Conqueror 457mm guns also have 2.0 sigma, unlike 419mm guns which have 1.8 sigma. Dispersion value is also almost identical. Major difference is fuse time and shell velocity. Ans size of course.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
369 posts
10,045 battles

I don't know about buffing the accuracy but decreasing the reload on the 457s to around 25/26 secs would be a nice little change, to start. 

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
304 posts
4,376 battles
1 ora fa, fumtu ha scritto:

But they already have same/similar accuracy. Just like Vanguard, Conqueror 457mm guns also have 2.0 sigma, unlike 419mm guns which have 1.8 sigma. Dispersion value is also almost identical. Major difference is fuse time and shell velocity. Ans size of course.

This! 457mm don’t give you the same consistent HE dpm as the 419mm, but their AP is a cruiser nightmare: 30mm overmatch and short fuse timer with 2.0 sigma is no joke: Henri and Hindy will always take damage when they try to stalk you (you also outspot them) and the troll armour of Worchester or Zao will be less effective as overpens will be almost impossible.

The problem is that this a niche bonus: in random battles is usually easy to find a distracted target who is giving broadside, so 419mm AP will be effective most of the time. 

Edit: if I remember correctly, the 457mm turrets also have a thicker armour plating, which will reduce the frequency of turret incapacitation, I know this is a really small thing, but I love this details on ship models :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[-NFG-]
Players
142 posts
6,396 battles

If by buff you mean please raise the citadel so it can be easily deleted - then WG is buffing it for you :)

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
304 posts
4,376 battles
6 minuti fa, Xanta99 ha scritto:

If by buff you mean please raise the citadel so it can be easily deleted - then WG is buffing it for you :)

Well, citadel has already been raised in the new test version of Conqueror, check the DevBlog. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Britannia said:

Both already have identical sigma

Looking at weight and velocity 457s probably already have better vertical dispersion

And since I'm guessing you mean the horizontal dispersion - you clearly don't know how little it changes:

9vJzabn.png

You get 9m less at 0km, 6m at 10km, 3m at 20km and so on. With how massive V.disp. are that small H.disp. change is so irrelevant it basically doesn't matter

• Cool 2

[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
29 posts
15,637 battles

Ehhh, given how it's been consistently nerfed since it was released, it could do with something of a buff at this point. To it's detection radius if nothing else.

[-FF-]
Players
856 posts
5,873 battles
50 minutes ago, Blinks said:

Ehhh, given how it's been consistently nerfed since it was released, it could do with something of a buff at this point. To it's detection radius if nothing else.

Very funny

[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
29 posts
15,637 battles
30 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Very funny

Who's being funny?

The ships been consistently nerfed since it came out. Gotten to the point where, frankly, i just don't bother taking it out anymore. Yamato is a better long range damage dealer while being far more tanky.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
2 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

Very funny

Not really. Statistically Conq IS the weakest t10 BB right now.

Just because it's annoying to play against doesn't mean it's strong. It just means it's annoying

2 hours ago, Blinks said:

Yamato is a better long range damage dealer while being far more tanky.

If you're playing Conq at long range you're doing it wrong.

It's superb at mid-range combat, starting from its concealment up to about 16...17km. With AP, of course. It's still a BB.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
29 posts
15,637 battles
19 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's superb at mid-range combat, starting from its concealment up to about 16...17km. With AP, of course. It's still a BB.

Oh, i know that but most people go "but the HE!" which is very much it's long range flavour.

[BYOB]
Players
3,523 posts
13,248 battles
8 hours ago, HMS_Britannia said:

That got your attention

Surely that would make that set up more viable even if the fire chance were to be lowered to compensate because as it stands there is no reason to take the twin gun Conq over the montana clone. 

Bait and switch'd by my own clanmate. The shame...

But WG should really do something about the 457's, they are a sorry lot indeed.

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,224 posts
12,051 battles

Don't clickbait fellow forum users please.

Beta Tester
110 posts
21,133 battles
1 hour ago, _Teob_ said:

Don't clickbait fellow forum users please.

Not sure how it is click bait. i am asking for a buff to make the alternate guns actually viable cos at present there is no reason to actually run them as they are not accurate enough to warrant l losing 33% of your barrels.

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,224 posts
12,051 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Britannia said:

Not sure how it is click bait. i am asking for a buff to make the alternate guns actually viable cos at present there is no reason to actually run them as they are not accurate enough to warrant l losing 33% of your barrels.

1) Don't act like you don't know what I mean

2) It was clickbait because it wasn't specific and you know full well how people react when discussing that ship (which is why you mentioned getting people's attention)

Had you mentioned in the subject exactly what you were talking about we wouldn't be having this conversation.

At any rate, all I did was change the title to make the topic more clear.

Players
156 posts
6,800 battles

Did the larger guns on Conqueror get lower sigma? Usually high tier BBs with 12 guns get 1.8 sigma except for certain ships they are biased for and BBs with less guns get improved sigma to compensate for the reduced hit probability except for ships they are biased against, f.e. Iowa getting buffs despite of already being superior to FdG and Izumo.

There isn't really a reason to use the bigger guns, because the tiny advantages simply get lost against the extra-guns with the other option... Well, I think the true reason for you not seing the bigger guns still is that 90%+ of T10 players are too stupid to change the guns to test the other ones.

[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
29 posts
15,637 battles

The larger guns on the Conq simply arn't, can't, be worth it. You gain 50% more barrels sticking to the smaller calbre and the larger don't penetrate anything extra that's important. 

[O-S-W]
Players
451 posts
13,328 battles
On 3/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Not really. Statistically Conq IS the weakest t10 BB right now.

Just because it's annoying to play against doesn't mean it's strong. It just means it's annoying

king of the sea. they use there conqueror and they winn. 

i do with 457 ---100k  dmg  in the half of the battle. 60% to cause fire...,  i burn three bships at ones...

conqueror is the best b ship, so good that is good to call him.. cheat battle ship. ´( LITTLE SPOT)

but...yes. you have to be a good captian... ehmmm. thats to point.

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
45 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

king of the sea. they use there conqueror and they winn.  

i do with 457 ---100k  dmg  in the half of the battle. 60% to cause fire...,  i burn three bships at ones...

conqueror is the best b ship, so good that is good to call him.. cheat battle ship. ´( LITTLE SPOT)

but...yes. you have to be a good captian... ehmmm. thats to point.

Milan, please, stop making a fool of yourself.

Lets face it - you know about competitive gameplay and tactics about as much as about the rest of the game - literally nothing

And those 457s that you use on Conq... Yeah, that below 78k average dmg with 43% WR in nearly 500 battles, I see how well that worked out for you :fish_palm: just because in 1 of every 50 games played you barely manage to scratch that 100k doesn't mean you do it regularly enough to have any kind of reference towards it

And as I said - Conq's STATISTICALLY the worst. Not "the worst for player X". It might be your best performing ship (literally lol), it's still miserable when we're looking at server average

And you don't need to be a good player to make Conq work. It's literally as simple as following 2 points - it's still a BB, use AP & you're not a sniper, fight at mid ranges. And yet that's already too much to ask from most

• Cool 1