Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Corocotta15

I'll never play CV's

60 comments in this topic

[GOES4]
Players
90 posts
11,638 battles

Hi. I will never play CV's. So, I wonder how to use the crowns and the florins that I got. Should I get the british CV Hermes and after sell it or, perhaps, is better to spend the crowns and florins in other issues: gold, flags, cammos, etc? What will they give me when I sell this CV?

P.D. I wont play CV's never more because I feel cheated with the last update. I spent a lot of time and resources in this game, and specially in dd's, and WG, in my opinion, changed the game rules completely and destroyed this ships. Now, too often, is not fun to play dd's with the permaspot . And this is my way to protest. 

Thanks in advance for the answers.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

I would to know this too, wut to do wit the florins since i dont play cvs for no reason, I just dont want to:Smile_hiding:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
9 minutes ago, Corocotta15 said:

Hi. I will never play CV's. So, I wonder how to use the crowns and the florins that I got. Should I get the british CV Hermes and after sell it or, perhaps, is better to spend the crowns and florins in other issues: gold, flags, cammos, etc? What will they give me when I sell this CV?

P.D. I wont play CV's never more because I feel cheated with the last update. I spent a lot of time and resources in this game, and specially in dd's, and WG, in my opinion, changed the game rules completely and destroyed this ships. Now, too often, is not fun to play dd's with the permaspot . And this is my way to protest. 

As a DD main that played quite a lot of CV after the rework and now mostly plays DDs again, currently CVs got brought down to the state where I prefer to see CVs in my DD games because as toothless as the are, they can still provide me with some information on where the enemy Radar ships are going. :Smile_trollface: Unfortunately, there are so few masochists CV players left around... Anyway, at the current point in time not playing CVs as a protest sounds like an easy way out. I mean, not shaving off the skin off my face with a cheese grater doesn't sound like a very powerful message against the kitchen utensil  industry :Smile-_tongue:

But, having that digression out of the way - if you don't plan on getting yourself RN CVs (or, in fact, if you do plan to get them but plan to rely on normal grind or feeXP instead) there are other goodies you can spend your crowns and florins on, but what you should get depends a lot on your priorities. Short on premium camos? Union Jack ones are actually a very decent option. Signal problems? They seem pretty expensive but you can stock up on these as well. I wouldn't really be picking the ships, personally, if you don't plan on keeping them, though. Unless you really need the "special things" that come with them: the port slot, a single special signal, 5 of each normal signals, a day of premium... the packages are pretty damn bloated and unless you plan on using most of the contents, they're just not worth it. Then again - usually it's hard to get your hands on special signals, so, well, it's an option. It is, however, not something that anyone can answer for you. It's you who is aware of your needs and priorities here.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,752 posts
7,877 battles
35 minutes ago, Corocotta15 said:

97U6Sqz.png

• Funny 2

Players
620 posts
6,057 battles
33 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I would to know this too, wut to do wit the florins since i dont play cvs for no reason, I just dont want to:Smile_hiding:

Florins and crowns are for CVs only???

I kinda gave up following steel, iron, copper etc and lost all hope of understanding a bazillionth credit system with crowns.
Last time I heard anything about Crowns was watching some dodgy thing about "innocent" random Czech women doing bad things with random strangers :)

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
39 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

Florins and crowns are for CVs only???

I kinda gave up following steel, iron, copper etc and lost all hope of understanding a bazillionth credit system with crowns.
Last time I heard anything about Crowns was watching some dodgy thing about "innocent" random Czech women doing bad things with random strangers :)

Like all event-specific currencies, these two are to be spent in the appropriate event tab in the Arsenal.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
2 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

You're going to .. not play CVs as a.. protest?  :cap_haloween:

Wargaming needs data to balance cvs, right? So OP is one more guy that denies wg the data it needs. Sort of.

Players
103 posts
1,651 battles

I think there are lot of people who won't touch CV's again, simply because of how and what the rework is, which isn't carrier gameplay, but very simplified world of warplanes with bad controls. So yeah I can understand OP why he'd want an alternative to using the crowns and florins.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[DREAD]
Players
6,616 posts
5,507 battles
3 minutes ago, InfinityIncarnate said:

I think there are lot of people who won't touch CV's again, simply because of how and what the rework is, which isn't carrier gameplay, but very simplified world of warplanes with bad controls. So yeah I can understand OP why he'd want an alternative to using the crowns and florins.

Well that is personal preference and in general the number of players was higher compared to pre-rework.

However WG messed up the AA balance completely so CVs are in a pitiful state now. Hence CV player numbers are falling. Free faaaa-llling.

• Cool 2

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
727 posts
5,529 battles
2 hours ago, InfinityIncarnate said:

I find the controls superb, I sometimes have nice matches with 4 or 5 sinks ( Midway ).

The slow-mo baby Tier 4 UK CV class is also fun :D

Carpet bombing for Tier 10 would be superb !

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Well that is personal preference and in general the number of players was higher compared to pre-rework.

However WG messed up the AA balance completely so CVs are in a pitiful state now. Hence CV player numbers are falling. Free faaaa-llling.

Actually, the main problem isn't the AA balance at all. It can be painful (more so if you're not t10) but what's worse is the general handling of your weapons. Basically, the planes don't do what you want them to. Waiting before the game allows you to fire your weapons, the price of making any last-second adjustments, the ability to make any last-second adjustments in the first place (for rocket planes of all things, THE weapon meant to combat small, nimble target - why even have it if it's not supposed to be good against DDs? Just remove them or substitute with something else if you don't want CVs to have an effective anti-DD weapon). Anyway, the handling is awful and frustrating. I can't say that much for Midway and her other USN sisters but as for Haku - it's just painful to play her. And that - not the powerful AA - is what drove me (and, presumably, a lot of other players as well) away from her. It was already unpleasant after the TB nerfs (and I never even played the 4-TB option, much less engaged in torpedo soup tactics) but I persevered trying to make her work... and kinda succeeded, until 0.8.0.3 came and I actually had no reliable weapon left at all AND couldn't spot threats to my planes before stepping into them. At that point I figured out that - while I could still get some results - I no longer had any fun while doing so. So I abandoned the ship, so to speak, and went playing other ships (mostly Akiuzki, my once favored waifu that I mostly abandoned in favor of Kitakaze with 100mm pen and concealment changes that kinda pushed Akizuki out of DD-hunter role and more into indiscriminate harasser one).

All that being said, I'm going to try the RN CVs. The description seems to imply them to handle better, so it's not impossible that they might actually be playable. Problem is, they also seem brokenly OP, so WG will nerf them and we've seen how they nerf the other lines - they'll likely target fun rather than power and we'll end up with yet another CV line that can still be powerful enough (in the right hands) to make people angry but handles like crap and only frustrates you when you play them. But let me be wrong.

[KAKE]
Players
1,423 posts
3,717 battles

I can't say I'll never play cvs. I mean, I have unlocked the tier 4s, and tried playing them.

But the CV gameplay loop is really quite dull, so I can't see myself making an effort to actually grind any of the lines. I'll probably just trot them out once in a blue moon for variety.

[DREAD]
Players
6,616 posts
5,507 battles
9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I can't say I'll never play cvs. I mean, I have unlocked the tier 4s, and tried playing them.

But the CV gameplay loop is really quite dull, so I can't see myself making an effort to actually grind any of the lines. I'll probably just trot them out once in a blue moon for variety.

The whole game is repetitive including the old RTS style. So that point isn’t really fair.

At least it offers some cinematic immersion - that is something.

Still the balance is crap hence why I am not sure if it’s worth to continue or not.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,379 posts
7,985 battles

I prefer the teir 8 Lexington of all the cvs ive played since the rework

I got the midway and its torps are crap while its dive bombers are very good but are too easily wiped out

the rockets are virtually useless unless you take the tiny tims to hit cruisers with

overall the cvs are for me just another gimmick to play to change the gameplay style

[KAKE]
Players
1,423 posts
3,717 battles
21 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

The whole game is repetitive including the old RTS style. So that point isn’t really fair.

I said "dull", not "repetitive".

Something can be repetitive but still exciting. That does not apply to the CVs.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,791 battles
9 hours ago, Corocotta15 said:

What will they give me when I sell this CV? 

You´ll get the credits worth, that the CV costs. Concidering, the crowns are useless and you get some nice flags together with the CV bundle, Id still exchange for the CV.

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

The point is fair. If thats his opinion, there is nothing you can say against it. On the other hand - if you obviously think, the entire game is repetitive, I wonder why you dont quit?

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles
9 hours ago, Corocotta15 said:

Good point. Should offer something else then CV too as a lot of players don't  want to play them.

I can only suggest when you would play CV you will know the ways of your enemy much better. ( as Sun Tzu said....) You think you know what CV do ( to you in your DD ) but you do not know their limitations, which you should if you are to exploit them.

There are a lot of DD players i could not or barely hit even before the many nerfs. These guys have learned to speed into the direction turning aircraft come out of their turns. And cannot fire and overshoot ! Time and again. And the "perma-spotting" was only due to too many CV per side in a match. And now nerfed. It will completely wend after everyone have tried reworked/new CV out a couple of times, and only a smal core of users remain. As it was....

In other words you must not protest, you must learn and adapt. Life is all about that, you know that right ?

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,077 posts
6,133 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

The tier 4 are pretty dull. The plane speeds feel very slow, the damage is anaemic, you cant use zoom and boom tactics due to low plane speeds, nothing really has much flak to dodge and your CV hull is slow. You also have no fighter consumable for spotting/anti plane use, you dont get many attacks per squadron (so theres longer flying back to target), and you cant use torps to bracket ships for a cross drop since they only drop single torps.

I like the new CV a lot and enjoy playing them, but the tier 4 are dull as :etc_swear:

• Cool 1

Players
3,088 posts
13,995 battles
20 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

In other words you must not protest, you must learn and adapt. Life is all about that, you know that right ?

That's true for life - but not for an arcade game.

Meta changes, so you "Learn and adapt". If you still get a some sort of positive payoff you carry on playing. If not you quit.

(Technically you can voluntarily quit life also of course, but that is such a dark discussion that I won't go there)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-NFG-]
Players
149 posts
6,427 battles

Well if you're determined not to own the ships then, assuming we can eventually exchange 1 crown for 8 florins:

Hermes would sell for about 3-400k credits.  For 400 florins and (50 crownsx8) another 400 florins you could buy 20 x 160k credits = 3.2 million credits, which is rather more credits.  You do however lose a port slot and a 3 pt commander

Furious would sell for about 1.3 million credits.  for 1000 florins and (100x8) another 800 florins you could buy 45 x160k credits = 7.2 million credits.  Lose port slot and 6 pt commander

Implacable can't be bought anyway without buying some premium crates (not enough florins by just playing and I'm 100% sure you won't be buying any premium crates for this event)

So I guess don't buy the ships if you want credits

Disclaimer: I'm guessing sell values based on an average T4/ 6 and I'm not sure exactly what the crown/florin exchange rate will be when they bring it in

A final question of my own:  Is there going to be the usual credit compensation for leftover crowns and florins when the event ends, and if so what might that be?  I would assume not since we can already sell florins for 4k each effectively.  However if they give us the usual 15k then that'd be worth more (which makes it very unlikely)

• Cool 2

[-NFG-]
Players
149 posts
6,427 battles

Good point Forlorn, I forgot the bundles come with signals.  So 4 of each special signal and a bunch of regular ones also must go into the "worth it" calculation

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,633 posts
4,753 battles
10 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

You're going to .. not play CVs as a.. protest?  :cap_haloween:

Are you aware of any more effective way to protest in this environment apart from boycotting the product?

Alternatively you could also provide written feedback to WG (guess which of the options is more naive and laughable).

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
32 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Are you aware of any more effective way to protest in this environment apart from boycotting the product?

Alternatively you could also provide written feedback to WG (guess which of the options is more naive and laughable).

He's not boycotting the product, he's just cutting his nose to spite his face. He's someone who only played CVs a bit before, and very badly, so what will that "protest" change at all?

• Cool 1