You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Annoyed about the DoY Arctic Camo!!!

21 comments in this topic

Players
1,444 posts
5,391 battles

I just finished the Northern Cape collection, happy about the flag received but not the camo.

I mean the DoY is a shi* KGV yet they make camos for these sorry excuse of premium ships, why not make the camo for the KGV?

There is not enough variety of permanent camos for tech tree ships.

I dont get it. No way am I buying the DoY to get some snow on my deck either. I just think its sad...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-FF-]
Players
868 posts
5,905 battles

the camo was supposed to be obtained at the same time than a christmas marathon to receive the DoY as a freemium.

so i understand it's frustrating, cause like you I was with my family at that time, unable to play, so unable to get DoY, and I also have a useless perma camo now that won't fit on any ship.

But they will never make it for the KGV, commercially that would be a stupid move, even if it's sad for us.

Players
1,444 posts
5,391 battles
36 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

the camo was supposed to be obtained at the same time than a christmas marathon to receive the DoY as a freemium.

so i understand it's frustrating, cause like you I was with my family at that time, unable to play, so unable to get DoY, and I also have a useless perma camo now that won't fit on any ship.

But they will never make it for the KGV, commercially that would be a stupid move, even if it's sad for us.

I think the DoY is useless, make the camo for the KGV.

Bismarck is a tech tree, yet has 3 to 4 permanent camos including the bottom of the sea ones. So logically speaking they could do a Arctic camo for the KGV.

• Boring 1

Players
205 posts
10,212 battles

I have it and love it but the thing is that camo is awsome on polar lights and other winter map but when you go like me DoY with artic camo on desert tears its plain stupid, its like somebody keeped the whole ship in freezer and then relese it near some 50c africa coast.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,760 posts
7,923 battles

Duke of York is what a premium always should be:  A slightly worse version of a regular Tech Tree ship.

The ice camo was specifically intended to celebrate her participation at The Battle of the North Cape.  That is why you get a similar camo job for Scharnhorst.

Duke of York doesn't get a "Bottom of the Sea," camo job.  I wonder whether OP even understands why...

Players
205 posts
10,212 battles
7 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Duke of York is what a premium always should be:  A slightly worse version of a regular Tech Tree ship.

The ice camo was specifically intended to celebrate her participation at The Battle of the North Cape.  That is why you get a similar camo job for Scharnhorst.

Duke of York doesn't get a "Bottom of the Sea," camo job.  I wonder whether OP even understands why...

Maybe OP want DoY camo named ''From the scrapyard camo"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I just finished the Northern Cape collection, happy about the flag received but not the camo.

I mean the DoY is a shi* KGV yet they make camos for these sorry excuse of premium ships, why not make the camo for the KGV?

I dont get it. No way am I buying the DoY to get some snow on my deck either. I just think its sad...

I think this DoY camo looks pretty cool :cap_cool:

And the DoY is actually quite useful in ops. The hydro can be very useful here.

You don't need to buy the DoY if you don't want to.

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
7,094 battles

Random complaining about a free camo from an event 1 year and 3 months ago is...well random.

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, Yamato942 said:

Maybe OP want DoY camo named ''From the scrapyard camo"

Actually, I can imagine a rusted-through-and-through camo with no combat damage but still no less cool than the Bismarck's "zombie" one. Imagine a ship in this kind o aesthetics...

depositphotos_8186752-stock-photo-rusty-

372033364_0402423dd1_b.jpg

All rust so it's hard to even make out the original paint job, with some holes eaten right through the hull by corrosion alone...

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
409 posts
10,110 battles

Personal opinion, If DoY had the same reload as KGV, I wouldn't feel like I'm playing a gimped ship and I'd play her more often.  

I don't mind there's one less heal charge, and I don't mind the plane switched out for hydro, these are fine.

It's that reload which I don't like, when compared to that of her sister. 

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
144 posts
3,599 battles

Well, there is the point that the DoY was at North Cape, and therefore covered in ice.

And, I have to say, the DoY is a pretty good boat. Yes, it's not quite as good as the KGV, but that's possibly the best VII BB in game. 

To paraphtase Little White Mouse (I think) - it's still a Stealth Flame Thrower carrying its own drydock. 

As above - premiums should be roughly equal to a 3/4 researched line ship, trading that for increased XP and Credit generation. That's how things used to be... before WG learned how to.monetize powercreep 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,760 posts
7,923 battles
3 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Random complaining about a free camo from an event 1 year and 3 months ago is...well random.

Well you know what attention seeking is like.

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles
3 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Personal opinion, If DoY had the same reload as KGV, I wouldn't feel like I'm playing a gimped ship and I'd play her more often.  

I don't mind there's one less heal charge, and I don't mind the plane switched out for hydro, these are fine.

It's that reload which I don't like, when compared to that of her sister. 

DoY has improved AP Pen angles, so that kinda makes up for something, maybe they shouldnt have same reload, but DoY could definetely go for a slightly better reload.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,114 posts
27,405 battles
7 hours ago, eliastion said:

Actually, I can imagine a rusted-through-and-through camo with no combat damage but still no less cool than the Bismarck's "zombie" one. Imagine a ship in this kind o aesthetics...

All rust so it's hard to even make out the original paint job, with some holes eaten right through the hull by corrosion alone...

Would have been great to have torps AA fire and shells coming out of that kind of ship :cap_haloween: 

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,478 battles

You might never buy it, but it's still very, very slightly possible you'll open up an air supply container you get for free and get a mission to get it.

I probably should add about another 7-8 "very"s but hey#

My problem is that ALL permacamos have junk stats compared to almost every other common camo now.  The only useful ones are T10 for the 50% service cost reduction.  The T9 +100%  -20% one is weak in comparison, and the standard +50% -10% on absolutely everything else is just garbage.  The T10 camo actually lowers the service cost below that of a T9 with a camo, and throws in 20% extra credits for good measure.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
933 posts
5,802 battles
12 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Dude its a FREE camo? And its kind of cool IMO, Besides this came out Yonks ago!!

9 hours ago, eliastion said:

I like this.....It could be like a ghost ship cammo or something cool like that?

The bonus of this camo would be receiving Over pen After Over pen after.....:cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,129 posts
8,328 battles
13 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

HOW did you finish it? I never finished the collection. Missing 1 item or 2 duplicates.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
13 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I mean the DoY is a shi* KGV

Actually I find DoY to be significantly better

And the came is pretty nice aswell

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles
27 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

HOW did you finish it? I never finished the collection. Missing 1 item or 2 duplicates.

Boxes in the arsenal

• Cool 2

Moderator, Supertester, Sailing Hamster
337 posts

Cleaned up the thread from some off-topic and/or rule violating posts.

Please stick to the Forum Rules when posting.

• Boring 1