Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
godswhip

Carrier war

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
3,408 battles

Hi

I must say that i´m very disapointed with all this new carrier playing. You can attack only with two planes at one time... What? Has there ever been such an attack with torpedoplanes? Secondly when attacking against cruisers or battleships its possible that you cant fire a single torpedo or bomb before all your planes have been shot down. What a game... Hey people. I have been serving in navy for 30 years and i know something about war history etc.  but this game is something just childish. I would understand this if there would be 20 planes attackin against one battleship. Then the loss could be half of those planes but all. Don´t even dream. 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
17,380 posts
11,714 battles
8 minutes ago, godswhip said:

....  but this game is something just childish. I would understand this if there would be 20 planes attackin against one battleship. Then the loss could be half of those planes but all. Don´t even dream. 

Not really. 

Oh, why do you not complain about the buttons that put out all fires instantly? Did your navy have those?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,687 posts
8,652 battles

Welcome to the forums.

 

First of all, this game isn't trying to be historical. If there is ever a choice between gameplay or realism, this game picks gameplay. That's not to say that the game doesn't try to respect history, just that it has priorities.

Now the CV rework is by no means perfect or even close to being finished in the first place, but I think you'll have to get used to each strike consisting of 1-4 planes based on ship, tier and type of plane.

By the looks of it AA should get toned down a bit in the future when multiple ships are providing AA fire. WG talked about this recently.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
3,408 battles

Hi

 

OK. I´m an old sailor. I have served my time.:Smile-_tongue:  

 

I don´t mean that this game should be just tight historical. A game is a game. It´s made just for give fun to players and to make money to it´s programmers. That´s it. And I don´t complain about these "buttons". Those are useful. Even to you. I hope. :cap_cool:      I complain that the game with carriers is now much more frustrating than before because your attack planes are so easily shot down (sorry for my English. Try my best). Before the game change all planes attacked at the same time so there was even a small hope to hit the enemy ship. Now all the planes fly in tight formation and are easily to be shot down.  Even if they don´t take part to the attack run. The planes have no other way to evade that AA than to stay outside the firing range. Now all those planes fly straight in to the AA fire even they don´t attack. Strange. Even in a game. :Smile_facepalm:

 

All my best

GW

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,085 posts
6,839 battles
30 minutes ago, godswhip said:

The planes have no other way to evade that AA than to stay outside the firing range.

 

No. you need to learn how to dodge flak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,150 battles
18 hours ago, godswhip said:

Hi

I must say that i´m very disapointed with all this new carrier playing. You can attack only with two planes at one time... What? Has there ever been such an attack with torpedoplanes? Secondly when attacking against cruisers or battleships its possible that you cant fire a single torpedo or bomb before all your planes have been shot down. What a game... Hey people. I have been serving in navy for 30 years and i know something about war history etc.  but this game is something just childish. I would understand this if there would be 20 planes attackin against one battleship. Then the loss could be half of those planes but all. Don´t even dream. 

 

IRL carriers roflstomped both BB and other CV by mass air attacks. Very powerfull battleships like the Yamato were simply dispensed by a concentrated mass air attack.

 

Ofcourse the Japanese tried and did dispense - succeeded well enough if you consider refloating sunk BB's and towing them to drydock is removing them from the war for a very long time  -  battleships with massed air attacks too. The British were very succesful in crippeling French, German and Italian battleships with far less massed air attack, losing very few aircraft.

 

There would not be one player remaining if they modelled that in game. How much i love using CV aircraft and how much i hate the  continuous nerfing of CV, there must be an enjoyable for all balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1 post
553 battles

The new carrier system is a huge pile of crap! Or more freely control of the planes, or the old system! Now the planes most likely are useless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
153 posts
739 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, worriorc sagte:

The new carrier system is a huge pile of crap! Or more freely control of the planes, or the old system! Now the planes most likely are useless!

As masochist the CV Rework is a delight.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
3,408 battles

Well boys and girls !

 

Let´s just take a drink of sake and fly a brave kamikaze flight. :Smile_izmena:

 

GW

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×