You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Episparh

AIR SUPPLY CONTAINERS

51 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
13 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Or read up on everything they offer, ask around and don't buy on the first week.

Nah. If the seller is not transparent I just stop buying. 

• Cool 1

4,392 posts
8,844 battles
17 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Nah. If the seller is not transparent I just stop buying. 

There's a difference between being transparent and having the information available but not put into bite sized pieces.

But ... you do you.

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
25 minutes ago, SirDixie said:

Why would you get doubloons for completing the mission though? :Smile_unsure:

The compensation is not for the mission but for the ship. But anyway, it looks like this is acceptable for all of you. Have fun! 

[SHAD]
Players
580 posts

It was announced in the news but not on the shop page until today.

A little disappointing as again it was usual practice to  compensate duplicate premiums with doubloons. 

Now they change the practice and, as is becoming usual, do a very poor job of letting the consumer know about it.

[HOO]
Players
29 posts
1,603 battles
9 hours ago, Episparh said:

The compensation is not for the mission but for the ship. But anyway, it looks like this is acceptable for all of you. Have fun! 

But you didn't pay for the ship the 2nd time. If you'd bought the crate which was specifically advertised as containing the ship then I'd agree with you. But it didn't, so I don't.

Players
390 posts
2,176 battles
12 hours ago, Episparh said:

On the principle of fairness and customer right.  Compensating doubloon purchase with credits is a scam. I have tons of them and can't buy premium with them. 

You don't have any rights in this regard. You made no effort to find the readily available information, they have already set the compensation for duplicating something you own and have no reason to compensate a free item with cash or doubloons. You can throw words like 'rights' and 'scam' around all day long, but nothing was conveniently hidden and it's not difficult to follow the announcements either.

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
14 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

You don't have any rights in this regard. You made no effort to find the readily available information, they have already set the compensation for duplicating something you own and have no reason to compensate a free item with cash or doubloons. You can throw words like 'rights' and 'scam' around all day long, but nothing was conveniently hidden and it's not difficult to follow the announcements either.

Are you trolling or what? 

Readily available where? 

You know some game publisher announce even the chance to get something from loot box in the box description. 

It wouldn't hurt WeeGee put a single line in package description: "If you already have the ship it will be compensated with credits upon mission completion", would it? 

Players
390 posts
2,176 battles
2 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Are you trolling or what? 

Readily available where? 

You know some game publisher announce even the chance to get something from loot box in the box description. 

It wouldn't hurt WeeGee put a single line in package description: "If you already have the ship it will be compensated with credits upon mission completion", would it? 

Being trolled and not liking the information or opinion shared are not the same thing, for reference.

You've been told several times over by several sources that the announcement contained all the relevant information. It's not WG's fault, nor indeed those of us with a modicum of attentiveness, that you had not read the readily available and pubic announcement.

So, are YOU trolling? Or what?

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts

i m sure , its all about that players not abuse , to buy containers just to get extra gold for find mission for same ships that have

Players
3,291 posts
3,529 battles
39 minutes ago, Episparh said:

They did... :cap_look:

--> If you get a mission for the ship you already have, you will get a Port slot, Commander, and compensation in credits.

BTW if you already have Hood, why would you want this container. Edinburgh is a silver ship. The other two ships are mehbotes. 

Aircontainers.thumb.JPG.91b9c7d144aa5786bd3daef6de1ce514.JPG

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
36 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Being trolled and not liking the information or opinion shared are not the same thing, for reference.

You've been told several times over by several sources that the announcement contained all the relevant information. It's not WG's fault, nor indeed those of us with a modicum of attentiveness, that you had not read the readily available and pubic announcement.

So, are YOU trolling? Or what?

There is a reason why goods have their detailed description on the package in stores, as someone wouldn't pay as much for example chocolate with substitute for nuts as would pay for one with real one. 

They do not ask you to go on the manufacturer site to get details for it, do they? 

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

They did... :cap_look:

--> If you get a mission for the ship you already have, you will get a Port slot, Commander, and compensation in credits.

BTW if you already have Hood, why would you want this container. Edinburgh is a silver ship. The other two ships are mehbotes. 

Aircontainers.thumb.JPG.91b9c7d144aa5786bd3daef6de1ce514.JPG

Oh, they've added it actually... What does this tells you? That line wasn't there yesterday. :Smile_unsure:

I am done with this. 

Players
3,291 posts
3,529 battles
3 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Oh, they've added it actually... What does this tells you? 

I looked as soon as they were available yesterday... tells me you didn't read. 

It also tells me you haven't checked 'after the fact', as I did. 

Players
390 posts
2,176 battles
Just now, Episparh said:

There is a reason why goods have their detailed description on the package in stores, as someone wouldn't pay as much for example chocolate with substitute for nuts as would pay for one with real one. 

They do not ask you to go on the manufacturer site to get details for it, do they? 

"in stores"

Comparing physical store purchases with online digital freebies doesn't lend any weight to an asked and answered scenario.

Can understand why you'd be confused having not taken the time to read the freely available information, but you could just as easily have popped onto the forum to seek clarification rather than having a meltdown in your OP and then discovering it was self inflicted and lambasting anyone who tells you so.

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
11 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I did checked yesterday, that last line wasn't there. Unfortunately, I didn't made a screenshot so I can't prove it. But as long as the line is there I am fine now with the package itself.

However they lost my last bit of trust I may had.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles

I think I can see a pattern of which ships is going to be compensated in doubloons. Last known to my knowledge is Dreadnought, Prinz Eittel Friedrich and now Exeter. This seems to indicate that ships you can get for free by grinding some missions will be compensated in doubloons if you have these in your port. All other ordinary Premium ships are compensated in silver... I can be wrong though, but this is what I have noticed so far.

Players
3,291 posts
3,529 battles
24 minutes ago, Episparh said:

I did checked yesterday, that last line wasn't there. Unfortunately, I didn't made a screenshot so I can't prove it. But as long as the line is there I am fine now with the package itself.

I checked yesterday as well, saw the update happen. Wanted to get my son a surprise for the weekend. I read it carefully.

He doesn't have any of those ships except Edinburgh -  but you cannot give away containers.

BTW after almost 10k battles you should know how they work. 

Nothing wrong with them, it is their usual practise, though usually they give dubloons.

I'm also sure the line was there, you must have missed it. Too bad.

[RNSF]
Players
915 posts
11,175 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I checked yesterday a well. Wanted to get my son a surprise for the weekend. I read it carefully.

He doesn't have any of those ships except Edinburgh -  but you cannot give away containers.

BTW after almost 10k battles you should know how they work. 

Nothing wrong with them, it is their usual practise, though usually they give dubloons.

I'm also sure the line was there, you must have missed it. Too bad.

Because I am human and can make mistakes I have ctrl+F the x5 package for "credits" it highlighted only flags. The last line was for mission ends in 31st march. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,131 posts
28,072 battles
15 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

I think I can see a pattern of which ships is going to be compensated in doubloons. Last known to my knowledge is Dreadnought, Prinz Eittel Friedrich and now Exeter. This seems to indicate that ships you can get for free by grinding some missions will be compensated in doubloons if you have these in your port. All other ordinary Premium ships are compensated in silver... I can be wrong though, but this is what I have noticed so far.

True, it means that players like myself that are active and have the time to probably get the ship for free are getting enough incentive so that we splash cash instead. The ease of getting the mission if workload suddenly increases etc , less stressful etc. I have as a rule bought most ships at release if they are ships that I want anyway. The compensation in extra containers etc have made the difference. If I had been at the same work situation as when WOWS where released where I had temporary assigments mixed with more time the calculation would have been different. Now I have time but it is more rigid and does not allow for huge increases.

Players
3,291 posts
3,529 battles
19 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Because I am human and can make mistakes I have ctrl+F the x5 package for "credits" it highlighted only flags. The last line was for mission ends in 31st march. 

Yes that is true, you are human and you can make mistakes. 

But you know WG and how they work... better read all the small print.

[UNICS]
Players
3,380 posts
13,554 battles
55 minutes ago, Episparh said:

..or did you lose some trust in your memory..? :cap_hmm:

Players
2,279 posts
245 battles

nice they went from giving doubloons back to now only credits.

thank god i never spent a single penny here. I have no clue on what will happen next.

[SHAD]
Players
580 posts
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

That line was not in the premium store listing yesterday.

I expect it was added after a complaint on the NA forum.