Jump to content
Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Episparh

AIR SUPPLY CONTAINERS

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
826 posts
10,831 battles

Today I got a Hood mission from a container. A ship I already have in port - when completed I was compensated with credits! :Smile-angry:

 

Just keep this in mind when you try the new loot boxes!

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,230 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, Episparh sagte:

when completed I was compensated with credits! 

as previously announced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
3 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

That has been the case for quite some time. 

Just with Hood or with premiums because I remember I was compensated with doubloons for few ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

as previously announced...

I bought the ship with doubloons!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,230 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Episparh sagte:

Just with Hood or with premiums because I remember I was compensated with doubloons for few ships?

not with ships you got with a personal mission...

 

Vor 2 Minuten, Episparh sagte:

I bought the ship with doubloons! 

:Smile_facepalm:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

Just like announced and stated / reminded in multiple similar topics over the last 2 days :fish_palm:

 

Missions for getting a ship - in case you already have the ship - refunds you with the ships full credit value (except that discounts are included)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Just like announced and stated / reminded in multiple similar topics over the last 2 days :fish_palm:

 

Missions for getting a ship - in case you already have the ship - refunds you with the ships full credit value (except that discounts are included)

But they forgot to include that in the package description ... Conveniently... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
706 posts
2,293 battles
36 minutes ago, Episparh said:

But they forgot to include that in the package description ... Conveniently... 

to their credit, they did put it in the announcement iirc.

 

Also, I know i don't want to spend any more money on this game, but arent all WG lootboxes bad value?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles

Well, wouldn't hurt if they putt that in box description .... Not everyone reads the announcement ...It is a scam. I know how I will proceed in future with them that was the 3rd strike. I will not be fooled anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
36 minutes ago, Episparh said:

But they forgot to include that in the package description ... Conveniently... 

So, having no information from the package description you

a) went and looked for the information you lacked

a) asked around (be it asking your fellow players on the Forum, PMing one of the community managers or sending a ticket to player support)

or

c) assumed the most convenient for you option, made a purchase based on that assumption and then got angry when your assumption turned out to be wrong

 

I mean, I hate the "lootbox culture" where you are given the option to gamble for the things you actually want and I'm disgusted by practices surrounding it - especially by the way halloween camos were handled (no way to buy them for doublons or even real money, you can only gamble). But seriously, when a crucial bit of information is absent from the description of an article, the reasonable thing to do is "try to ascertain the information" not "buy anyway and get mad if the result is not the one I would like best".

 

There were five main possibilities:

a) you just don't get missions for ships you already own

b) you don't get missions for ships you own but are handed another mission in their stead (until you have all the ships/missions, then one of the other options applies)

c) you get missions for ships you already own and only get a port slot and a captain but not a ship

d) you get missions for ships you already own and you get a slot, a captain and credits value of the ship (just like you normally can only sell premium ships for credits)

e) you get missions for ships you already own and you get a slot, a captain and doublon value of the ship (just like in some rare cases you can get a doublon refund)

 

On what grounds have you assumed that specifically e would be the case?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,996 posts
7,145 battles
4 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

arent all WG lootboxes bad value?

I would say almost all are; you might be able to make a case for the Xmas ones, if you aren't too picky about which specific premium ship you get.

 

I've bought just a couple of the current lot, simply to start the collection off, but I'm probably an idiot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
4 minutes ago, eliastion said:

So, having no information from the package description you

a) went and looked for the information you lacked

a) asked around (be it asking your fellow players on the Forum, PMing one of the community managers or sending a ticket to player support)

or

c) assumed the most convenient for you option, made a purchase based on that assumption and then got angry when your assumption turned out to be wrong

 

I mean, I hate the "lootbox culture" where you are given the option to gamble for the things you actually want and I'm disgusted by practices surrounding it - especially by the way halloween camos were handled (no way to buy them for doublons or even real money, you can only gamble). But seriously, when a crucial bit of information is absent from the description of an article, the reasonable thing to do is "try to ascertain the information" not "buy anyway and get mad if the result is not the one I would like best".

 

There were five main possibilities:

a) you just don't get missions for ships you already own

b) you don't get missions for ships you own but are handed another mission in their stead (until you have all the ships/missions, then one of the other options applies)

c) you get missions for ships you already own and only get a port slot and a captain but not a ship

d) you get missions for ships you already own and you get a slot, a captain and credits value of the ship (just like you normally can only sell premium ships for credits)

e) you get missions for ships you already own and you get a slot, a captain and doublon value of the ship (just like in some rare cases you can get a doublon refund)

 

On what grounds have you assumed that specifically e would be the case?

On the principle of fairness and customer right.  Compensating doubloon purchase with credits is a scam. I have tons of them and can't buy premium with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
706 posts
2,293 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

I would say almost all are; you might be able to make a case for the Xmas ones, if you aren't too picky about which specific premium ship you get.

 

I've bought just a couple of the current lot, simply to start the collection off, but I'm probably an idiot.

true, i was tempted by the Audacious, just because i like british naval history, and being a brit, then i saw the mission details and the drop rates....  But the drop rates are just insanely low and i'm never going to get any higher than the t4 carrier. There is nothing in there to interest me apart from the perm camo from the collection, but they can be had for free (though they appear to have nerfed the drop rate).  Combined with the low drop rate and the low tier premiums on offer, these crates are staggeringly over priced IMO.

 

The only other exceptions are black friday crates, but i bought 6 of them and got nothing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
4 minutes ago, Episparh said:

On the principle of fairness and customer right.  Compensating doubloon purchase with credits is a scam. I have tons of them and can't buy premium with them. 

They don't have to compensate anything..Just because you win an item you already got.  That they do is just a nice gesture. Don't think a minute they are obligated to do it from a legal perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
5 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

They don't have to compensate anything..Just because you win an item you already got.  That they do is just a nice gesture. Don't think a minute they are obligated to do it from a legal perspective.

Well, if you are happy giving them cash for such treatment, I am not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
1 minute ago, Episparh said:

Well, if you are happy giving them cash for such treatment, I am not. 

Do you buy a premium ship for enjoyment or do you buy it for a potential refund in doubloons?? I'm paying them cash for a product I can use.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,322 posts
13,289 battles
3 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Do you buy a premium ship for enjoyment or do you buy it for a potential refund in doubloons?? I'm paying them cash for a product I can use.

I think he's trying to earn money through them, but WG keeps scamming him.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
5 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I think he's trying to earn money through them, but WG keeps scamming him.

Actually I bought the ship for fun, but they kindly gave to me 2nd one which is auto converted in credits something I do not want nor I need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
33 minutes ago, Episparh said:

On the principle of fairness and customer right.  Compensating doubloon purchase with credits is a scam. I have tons of them and can't buy premium with them. 

But they are not compensating a doublon purchase. They're "buying" the redundant ship from you, that's all. Also, it's not a ship you're purchasing for doublons. The previous one could've been, but this one isn't - this one is a mission reward (you're not even getting a ship itself from the container in the first place).

 

15 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Well, if you are happy giving them cash for such treatment, I am not. 

Which is why you should've done some research on the missing information and then refrained from purchase. You - and others that mindlessly buy all these lootboxes - are the reason why we have this f*cked-up lootbox culture infecting WoWs in the first place. Still, as much as I'd prefer purchasable lootboxes to disappear from the game, I won't deny you guys your right to gamble nor WG their right to provide you with the opportunity. Gambling is a really old humanity's invention to part fools from their money, after all. But, ffs, at least figure out what you're gambling for before you open wallets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
1 minute ago, Episparh said:

Actually I bought the ship for fun, but they kindly gave it to me 2nd one which is auto converted in credits something I do not want nor I need. 

Listen its not much more different than you buy, say a ticket for a movie and a month later you win a ticket for the same movie in a raffle, and expect to get your first ticket refunded.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
19 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Which is why you should've done some research on the missing information and then refrained from purchase. You - and others that mindlessly buy all these lootboxes - are the reason why we have this f*cked-up lootbox culture infecting WoWs in the first place. Still, as much as I'd prefer purchasable lootboxes to disappear from the game, I won't deny you guys your right to gamble nor WG their right to provide you with the opportunity. Gambling is a really old humanity's invention to part fools from their money, after all. But, ffs, at least figure out what you're gambling for before you open wallets.

An info which was conveniently hidden. I always read the label on the goods I buy. I am not going to sellers' portal for that.

 

Else you are right, I will just stop buying anything as I should have done long ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
37 minutes ago, Episparh said:

An info which was conveniently hidden. I always read the label on the goods I buy. I am not going to sellers' portal for that.

 

I never even thought about buying any of these containers - and I still knew what happens when you get a mission for a ship you already have. But sure. Much hidden, very scam. Just because the container package didn't have a special notice that yes, the premiums awarded from these missions work exactly the same way as any other premiums awarded from missions do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
20 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I never even thought about buying any of these containers - and I still knew what happens when you get a mission for a ship you already have. But sure. Much hidden, very scam. Just because the container package didn't have a special notice that yes, the premiums awarded from these missions work exactly the same way as any other premiums awarded from missions do.

So you think that is right? 

 It looks like the only way to not be frustrated from such deals is to not buy anything, else you get useless credits or the ship you bought might be re-tiered or nerfed later. 

 

Very good customer care, I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4,287 posts
8,794 battles
30 minutes ago, Episparh said:

It looks like the only way to not be frustrated from such deals is to not buy anything

Or read up on everything they offer, ask around and don't buy on the first week.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×