Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LemonadeWarrior

Exeter switch repair party with smoke?

14 comments in this topic

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
798 posts
3,879 battles

I kinda feel like the repair party is useless. The damage I mostly take:

• Getting citadelled by a BB.
  • 203mm, or above, HE that causes a black out on my ship with every shot.

Now I can imagine that some people are still happy with the repair party, but I would prefer to switch this survivability consumable with another one, namely a smoke generator.
So what I am suggesting is to give us the option to give Exeter access to the Smoke Generator in the Repair Party slot.

What are the thoughts of you guys on this?

Don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying the Exeter a lot. It is only so now and than when a lost AP shell of a BB finds its way to my hull that I lose 30% of my HP. Which is pretty frequent due the shotgun spread of BBs at the lower tiers.
It is also difficult to make the concealment work with the carriers around. A bit less frequent now, but should become more frequent in the future.

Greetz Lemon.

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

So what I am suggesting is to give us the option to give Exeter access to the Smoke Generator in the Repair Party slot.

Funny how I've heard the same idea from my clanmates. "Give us the ability to choose one or the other, both in the same slot"

• Cool 6

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
798 posts
3,879 battles
12 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Exeter was way OP with smoke. 

Based upon what?

I recall it being OP, because a test version of Exeter had Repair Party AND Smoke. I am not aware that this ship was tested with only smoke as well.

• Cool 2

Players
1,520 posts
8,380 battles

Based upon the three games I played against Exeter in its original test configuration.

Even with the increased reload her smoke was too much.... She shredded things like a Fiji on steroids. 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

Are there any other 200+ mm cruiser with smoke ?

• Cool 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
798 posts
3,879 battles
14 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Based upon the three games I played against Exeter in its original test configuration.

Even with the increased reload her smoke was too much.... She shredded things like a Fiji on steroids. 

I do not understand why you would make a statement based upon that little experience, besides it was a WIP ship so I doubt you knew what kind of configuration that player was sailing.
So I can't do anything with your feelings about it.. Do I make any sense to you?

5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Are there any other 200+ mm cruiser with smoke ?

No. Is there more behind this?

• Cool 1

Players
1,520 posts
8,380 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

So I can't do anything with your feelings about it.. Do I make any sense to you?

You do, but don't expect much support for the proposal from the devs or anyone who played against Exeter when she had smoke. Div up with a mate who has an Emerald or Perth if you want to see it for yourself. 

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
798 posts
3,879 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

You do, but don't expect much support for the proposal from the devs or anyone who played against Exeter when she had smoke. Div up with a mate who has an Emerald or Perth if you want to see it for yourself. 

Oke, thank you for the heads up...

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
233 posts
5,787 battles

I think Exeter is an early aprils 1 joke....Like a minotaur with big guns.Nearly everything can demolish the ship....

• Cool 2

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
798 posts
3,879 battles
2 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

I think Exeter is an early aprils 1 joke....Like a minotaur with big guns.Nearly everything can demolish the ship....

The ship itself got some potential, but you are a bit too much dependent on RNG to my liking.

Perhaps when the masses figure out how easily this ship blows up it will change...

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
798 posts
3,879 battles

I thought this would be a fun gimmick for the British CA's. Ah well...

I have my doubts about smoke being more powerful than a Repair Party. Thought they would be kinda equal, but offer a different playing style.

[BS4]
Players
932 posts
5,785 battles

The funny thing is They tested it with smoke and RP and then released it without smoke. Did they ever test it Without smoke instead of just releasing it untested......:Smile_facepalm:

It would be OP with smoke and RP IMO at its current tier. And that for me is the Issue...its not a tier 5 ship.....It should be at tier 6 WITH smoke like all its RN line...but its 203mm make it special....

The RN Line is unique because the smoke counters its VERY light armour, even Wg informed us when the line was released its attributes and build were around their smoke....now we have just another cruiser IMO and some how its a premium....Why do we buy/want/grind Premiums? because they should be unique and stand out from the crowd, else what are you paying/wanting this for?

Dunno TBH im kinda disappointed as had high hopes.... another premium fail?

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,752 posts
7,875 battles

My initial reaction was the same.  I haven't played cruisers without smoke much at all since the Best Navy cruisers were released except in scenarios or co-op to knock snowflakes off.   I took some advice from people here and I'm having a good time with her. I took onboard particularly never giving broadside to BBs.

She broke my all-time record for shooting down aircraft: 39 in one battle.