Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Premium Shop in March: Prinz Eugen

26 comments in this topic

[BRIT6]
Players
1 post
2,364 battles

What happens if you already own the ships? For instance I have the Hood, if I get the mission for hood do I get doubloons instead or do I get robbed and given nothing?

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
454 posts

@DeathlockGTA You get credits, plus maybe a port slot and a 3-point commander.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/fly-strike-win/

Details of Combat Missions

• The combat missions will be available until May 31.
  • The rules of the mission to get the ships are simple: earn 5,000 base XP in Random, Ranked, Co-op Battles, and Operations, with Tier V-X ships.
  • The ships will appear in your Port with a Port slot and Commander with 3 skill points.
  • Cruiser Edinburgh will be credited in her stock build, with fully researched and purchased modules.
  • If you already have any of these ships in your Port, you'll receive compensation in credits equal to the base price of the ships, including any active discounts.

[BAD-A]
Players
51 posts
10,598 battles

I've spent enough money on these kinds of  containers in the past to know how much of a rip off they are and how their only real purpose is to promote gambling to kids. I spent a small fortune on the the last containers and got nothing and my friend who didn't spend a penny got every single premium ship that was available with every free container he opened. I don't know what kinda coding crap WG but every these containers come out certain accounts like my friends seem to get all the top premium ships while the majority of players get d!@k. WG won't bother to fix the game as long as there are fools willing to depart with their money. I even asked one of the mods on a live stream about what they would do about lack of team play. The mods response might as well read as WE don't give a f@ck

• Cool 5

[1-A-W]
Beta Tester
6 posts
10,062 battles
4 hours ago, Johmie said:

@DeathlockGTA You get credits, plus maybe a port slot and a 3-point commander.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/fly-strike-win/

I have just completed the special mission for Edinburgh with my Edinburgh & I didn't get a port slot or a commander or any credits. I bought 2 X 5 Air Supply Containers & dropped the Edinburgh combat mission. When I looked at my battle result screen I saw that I had completed the mission but I noticed that my port slots had remained the same so I checked the notification screens & nothing is showing any compensation. I am pretty annoyed & I will be more cautious in future!

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
454 posts

@wellcold I wasn't sure if you'd get a slot and commander, but according to the rules they posted you should at least have got the credits, and there's a fellow on the Gameplay forum complaining that he got credits rather than doubloons for Hood so my sympathies that it sounds like something went wrong for you.

Players
4 posts
7,160 battles

I allways buy Admiral Packs because of flag (of the ship I am buying), but I have no use from them because they are so small in the meny.  Can you make them bigger in the meni or ad an option where a player can see them large in all their splendor?

• Funny 1

[WWGU]
Players
482 posts
8,277 battles

@MrConway I've been quiet thus far but the burning feeling has risen so I need to get this down.

I recognise that you have players around the world and some won't know better but... Can we have more accuracy with the history for the British armed forces.

I realise that it could even just be a translation error.

Within the Collection "Naval Aviation" one of the tabs is for British Carrier Aircraft - brilliant, but you have labelled it "British Royal Airforce" - it should be "(British (if you must) ) Fleet Air Arm".

The Royal Navy operated carriers and the planes flying off them, they were part of the ROYAL NAVY.

The Royal Air Force operated of airfields often with completely different planes. (Yes they did sometimes transport planes and pilots on carriers, such as reinforcing Malta)

Yes - they did loan each other pilots and planes for specific tasks. Such as pilots seconded to the RAF for the Battle of Britain.

However can we have the name of the tab corrected.

Also the data on the aircraft refers to "Naval Air Force" - what is this? Can this be corrected to "Fleet Air Arm" or even just "Royal Navy"

While we are on the subject of corrections for British Armed Forces, In the Operation Dynamo scenario the arriving Royal Air Force planes seem to be commanded by a "Colonel" - please could this be corrected to an Royal Air Force rank? Could I suggest, "Squadron Leader" but equally acceptable would be "Wing Commander" or at a pinch "Group Captain".

It is the little touches that make things right, and stops veteran's blood boiling, too much history is being changed for convenience.

Thank you

:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
10,510 battles
22 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

@MrConway I've been quiet thus far but the burning feeling has risen so I need to get this down.

I recognise that you have players around the world and some won't know better but... Can we have more accuracy with the history for the British armed forces.

Within the Collection "Naval Aviation" one of the tabs is for British Carrier Aircraft - brilliant, but you have labelled it "British Royal Airforce" - it should be "(British (if you must) ) Fleet Air Arm".

The Royal Navy operated carriers and the planes flying off them, they were part of the ROYAL NAVY.

The Royal Air Force operated of airfields often with completely different planes. (Yes they did sometimes transport planes and pilots on carriers, such as reinforcing Malta)

Yes - they did loan each other pilots and planes for specific tasks. Such as pilots seconded to the RAF for the Battle of Britain.

Also the data on the aircraft refers to "Naval Air Force" - what is this? Can this be corrected to "Fleet Air Arm" or even just "Royal Navy"

While we are on the subject of corrections for British Armed Forces, In the Operation Dynamo scenario the arriving Royal Air Force planes seem to be commanded by a "Colonel" - please could this be corrected to an Royal Air Force rank? Could I suggest, "Squadron Leader" but equally acceptable would be "Wing Commander" or at a pinch "Group Captain".

It is the little touches that make things right, and stops veteran's blood boiling, too much history is being changed for convenience.

Thank you

even more realistic would be even better , I don't like to see British ships shooting at British ships or even USA ships along side of IJN ships shooting at British ships with German supporting ships . Its just silly ! But it fits in well with CV wings of nothing but attack planes , no dog fights ! and the lead plane has no elevator controls , can't loop or roll , or can order a full wing bomb or torp drop all in the same attack .WTF ! And the dive bomb sights are stupid at best and torp sighting is pure guess work  . Then wtf no full control by optional joystick . They really need to go over to the staff at wowplanes and ask them how to fix this mess . In warplanes 3 respawns are enough not endless waves of attackers ! If the plane wings worked right no respawns would be needed . A BB should not be shooting down 65 to 70 planes and a CV still sends attacking wings , That's more than the IJN had from 6 CVs during the battle of MIDWAY . What next a IJN GODZILLA batting planes and stomping CVs with lots of eggs for respawns ! war planes did have axes allied battles ,but realistic wows lol !

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,672 posts
2,563 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, Cambera_1 said:

Thank you

I'll pass it on :)

• Cool 1

[WWGU]
Players
482 posts
8,277 battles
33 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I'll pass it on :)

Thanks

[--]
Beta Tester
53 posts
2,301 battles

Any chance the Kaga might find it's way back to the shop? With the Hiryu now gone I NEED a Battle of Midway IJN Carrier to replace it :)

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
504 posts
9,629 battles

So i have a question thats been kinda there for awhile now. Why the hell is the nation flag of said ships on the masts, they usually on the back, this isnt the 17th Century.. 

• Funny 1

[SBS]
Players
6 posts
8,377 battles

The Pi Day camos are pretty good for grinding out 19 point captains + freeXP....

but why only available bundled with wows premium time ?? 7/30

I already have 1yr+ wows premium I really dont need more at the mo.

please make em available with out premium time.

[BYOB]
Players
3,536 posts
13,416 battles
Just now, tilbury_99 said:

The Pi Day camos are pretty good for grinding out 19 point captains + freeXP....

To push the price up. They will never sell only the camos, that would be too customer firendly.

• Funny 1

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
10,510 battles
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:53 PM, Shadeshot said:

So i have a question thats been kinda there for awhile now. Why the hell is the nation flag of said ships on the masts, they usually on the back, this isnt the 17th Century.. 

Because its WOWgame  , they also have sea monsters and spaceships and air attack only planes with no elevators !   I  would like to see 100% more realistic GAMING but then it would be simulation not arcade for kids . KIDS no need to really learn anything that's not fun right ! besides the game can't last longer then a few minuets . A Hour game with no sinking ships , just hit scores fought in the open sea with different objectives to win . Who other than me would like that ?  That would be like a 1960 board game , heck you might even need to plan a battle or go into shock from deep thought .

Also in combat EARLY WAR ships raised battle flags I think they sent up 4 then started shooting . If all 4 was down the ship had surrendered and would not be  fired on unless she continued fire . In that case more battle flags got hoisted up . 

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
504 posts
9,629 battles
1 hour ago, bondone said:

Because its WOWgame  , they also have sea monsters and spaceships and air attack only planes with no elevators !   I  would like to see 100% more realistic GAMING but then it would be simulation not arcade for kids . KIDS no need to really learn anything that's not fun right ! besides the game can't last longer then a few minuets . A Hour game with no sinking ships , just hit scores fought in the open sea with different objectives to win . Who other than me would like that ?  That would be like a 1960 board game , heck you might even need to plan a battle or go into shock from deep thought .

Also in combat EARLY WAR ships raised battle flags I think they sent up 4 then started shooting . If all 4 was down the ship had surrendered and would not be  fired on unless she continued fire . In that case more battle flags got hoisted up . 

You could of simply answered the question...... i stopped reading your reply from seas monster.
Anyone else have an actual answer if they know? If not its not a problem i was just curious.

[BAD-A]
Players
51 posts
10,598 battles

Do not waste your money on those POC air Supply Containers. You've probably been  lead to believe you'll win a Vanguard if you open one of  these crates, well that's a load of shyte. Certain accounts are chosen the moment they are created which will always get every premium ship going if you have not received a premium ship or at least not a completely or utter POC T2 premium you will never win a T7-8 premium. These odds are so crap you might be as well to keep setting up secondary accounts to see if you get one with better odds. The moment you gt an account that wins a T8 ship forget the other accounts they're useless now you've struck gold :)

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,536 posts
13,416 battles
4 hours ago, dforce105 said:

Do not waste your money on those POC air Supply Containers. You've probably been  lead to believe you'll win a Vanguard if you open one of  these crates, well that's a load of shyte. Certain accounts are chosen the moment they are created which will always get every premium ship going if you have not received a premium ship or at least not a completely or utter POC T2 premium you will never win a T7-8 premium. These odds are so crap you might be as well to keep setting up secondary accounts to see if you get one with better odds. The moment you gt an account that wins a T8 ship forget the other accounts they're useless now you've struck gold :)

While I will never subscribe to your tin foil hat theory, the "premium" containers have not been worth it for a long time. Luckily for me I finished the collection already.

• Funny 1

[WWGU]
Players
482 posts
8,277 battles
On 3/7/2019 at 1:53 AM, Shadeshot said:

Have a look at these late 20st Century ships then (USS TEXAS(CGN-39) Flying a Texas Flag from both Yardarms and The US Ensign from the Mast and USS Princeton (CG-59)) :-

USS_TEXAS_(CGN-39)_and_USS_PRINCETON_(CG-59).thumb.jpg.2d578e90706a28f89f587aed49f73408.jpg

Flags are often flown at Mast Heads due to the fact that they can be seen further and as there is a requirement to fly "Courtesy Flags" from the Starboard Yardarm when in foreign waters, this give the opportunity to fly your nation's Naval flag higher than the other nations.

Ensigns flown on a flag staff at the stern is the routine for in port.

There is a LOT of etiquette when flying flags. Get it wrong in some places and you can easily get arrested. Other places (UK for example) are a lot more Laissez-faire. Here get it wrong and the people "in the know" will think that you are a "Noob"

• Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
114 posts
7,411 battles
On 3/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, tilbury_99 said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Last year these were available in 100 and 200 bundles, without Premium time. I've 2 years of premium time, I'll never spend money if it includes premium time.. That being said, I was 1 inch away on Friday to press "purchase", but sense prevailed and made me rethink my spontaneous reaction on this awesome camouflage being available in the premium store.. That being said, I've got over a million free after I bought Alaska, And captain exp is fairly easy to farm without these.. spend another 40€? Nah, sorry, 1. too expensive and 2. uninteresting bundle.

If you don't have premium time, it's an ok deal for the 200#, not good, just ok.. Think last year I got 200 for 25 ish€....

[BAD-A]
Players
51 posts
10,598 battles

Wtf I tried to reply to a comment and I'm redirected to a reply on a completely different thread

Players
196 posts

100/200 Lá Fhéile Pádraig 2017 camouflage cost the same as 100/200 Pi-day camos even if they are almost 3x worse bonuses?

*edit

I was thinking of buying pi-days this morning but for some reason they are now gone. Not long ago I had until 8:00 Friday to buy stuff before it changes.

Sign in to follow this